Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Hear what you are saying. Some of those coming in are going to take a cut. Would be interesting to see what Ryan Jack is on at the moment and what he expects to move for. Also don't think we will get everyone we are looking for this time round. Of the wish list I mentioned we will maybe get 4/5 and that will be it. Which raises a question ... is Pedro being too optimistic/naive in believing what the board tell him about money? We are goosed if he thinks he is going to get X, negotiates on that basis, then gets 10% of X. 

TBH Ithink this was what happened to Warburton to an extent and it's why we ended up with Senderos rather than that guy from the EPL (not Lescott, the other one) who ended up going elsewhere...

Don't see Jack being on anything like what Barton was on for example so could say he's coming to replace him

Senderos/Hill going for another 2 CBs, should be able to sign someone for those wages 

Other than that, I don't see us getting much for the rest of the duds so will be up to board and aye i do think Pedro is believing he's got a decent budget and will be surprised when he goes for a player to get told the money isn't there 

Do think Warburton was forced into some signings, Barton/Senderos being 2 of them, Krancjar didn't make sense either 

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I think Dorrans would be a fantastic signing tbh. Weiss not so much, too much money for a glorified Barrie McKay 

5 or 6 years ago maybe.  But he's 30, on about £40k p/w, with a recent injury history and his best days are behind him.  Looked on a Norwich forum the other day and they see him as past it, and the worst midfielder on their books.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement and to be honest I think we could get much better for a quarter of the salary.

2 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

I think Pedro will suffer from the same problem Warburton suffered from.

Wanted money,

was told there was money,

there is no money.

Common denominator dave king, the liar.

Warburton spent a fortune, in relative terms, on duds. That was his problem. And he's tactically inept. 

57 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Warburton spent a fortune, in relative terms, on duds. That was his problem. And he's tactically inept. 

He hardly a spent a fortune. 

He was given a job to buy young players and develop them so we can sell them on at a higher price. That's why we ended up with the likes of Windass, Crooks, Rossiter, Dodoo. Players with high potential but not players that are going to win you anything. The more you look at the remit of a Rangers manager these days the more impossible it actually looks: Win the league on a fraction of the budget that Celtic have, whilst buying young players that we can eventually sell on for profit but aren't yet good enough to play in our first team? 

The task needs to be buy players that are good enough to get in there and win us trophies and develop our own youth players coming through 

22 minutes ago, StevenDavis said:

"Announcement on transfers towards end of this week"

Will there fuck.

There will be an announcement and it will be something like. "We can announce that we are a actively persuing a number of targets" usual pish.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Do think Warburton was forced into some signings, Barton/Senderos being 2 of them, Krancjar didn't make sense either 

Seems like an excuse for Warburtons signings.

He said we were lucky to be able to get someone like Barton and praised his wee best in the business pal for it.

He flew to USA to speak with Kranjcar to talk him into signing, doesn't sound like something someone does if they are being forced into a transfer.

Senderos was shit and who knows why he signed him.

There's no way the board would force guys on expensive wages on a manager when they'll do everything possible to spend as little as they call.

Just now, MasterD said:

Seems like an excuse for Warburtons signings.

He said we were lucky to be able to get someone like Barton and praised his wee best in the business pal for it.

He flew to USA to speak with Kranjcar to talk him into signing, doesn't sound like something someone does if they are being forced into a transfer.

Senderos was shit and who knows why he signed him.

There's no way the board would force guys on expensive wages on a manager when they'll do everything possible to spend as little as they call.

No excuse for the signings...they were/are shocking 

Just didn't fit his previous signings as i said at the time

Barton/Senderos/Hill/Krancjar were all strange for Warburton given his track history 

Windass, Crooks, Rossiter & Dodoo all made sense given his history of lower English leagues and youth teams

Garner was a half and half, made sense being a lower league English player but 5 minutes watching the guy you can see he didn't suit Warburtons style

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

He hardly a spent a fortune. 

He was given a job to buy young players and develop them so we can sell them on at a higher price. That's why we ended up with the likes of Windass, Crooks, Rossiter, Dodoo. Players with high potential but not players that are going to win you anything. The more you look at the remit of a Rangers manager these days the more impossible it actually looks: Win the league on a fraction of the budget that Celtic have, whilst buying young players that we can eventually sell on for profit but aren't yet good enough to play in our first team? 

The task needs to be buy players that are good enough to get in there and win us trophies and develop our own youth players coming through 

He spent a fortune, relative to our financial situation. On improved contracts for player untried in the top flight, duds like Senderos on free transfers, and nearly £2m + wages on Joe Garner. 

17 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

After back to back drubbings from the kiddy fiddlers my judgement of Pedro is witheld, although us capitulating against the sheep last night doesn't fill me with hope.

18 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

5 or 6 years ago maybe.  But he's 30, on about £40k p/w, with a recent injury history and his best days are behind him.  Looked on a Norwich forum the other day and they see him as past it, and the worst midfielder on their books.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement and to be honest I think we could get much better for a quarter of the salary.

Dorrans would be the best midfielder in our squad by a mile and easily one of, if not, the best in the country.

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Dorrans would be the best midfielder in our squad by a mile and easily one of, if not, the best in the country.

If we signed Dorrans, and I'm beginning to have doubts this will happen, then it would have a knock on effect on others within the squad. Good players breed better players throughout a whole team; anyone who has played football will know the effect on a team of having a good player in the side. We need players of that quality for the good of the first team, and for the good of young players in our squad as well.

Not that it will happen because we haven't got the money but we need good British proddies and foreigners who know what it's all about playing for rangers I.e

dorrans,Morrison(wba) brunt,Weiss,jelavic

and pains me to say it because we are so shite I would take back Davies and Naismith simpley because they are much better that what we have at the moment even though they did leave us in the lurch.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Not that it will happen because we haven't got the money but we need good British proddies and foreigners who know what it's all about playing for rangers I.e

dorrans,Morrison(wba) brunt,Weiss,jelavic

and pains me to say it because we are so shite I would take back Davies and Naismith simpley because they are much better that what we have at the moment even though they did leave us in the lurch.

Fuck Naismith.