Most humiliating season in our history

G.E.C.

27 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

A few people are definitely trying to persuade themselves, never mind others, that we've had worse seasons.

All good to look for positives but on this occasion and this season . There are absolutely NONE with possibly Nothing to look forward to

Yet over 35.000 will follow on

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

All good to look for positives but on this occasion and this season . There are absolutely NONE with possibly Nothing to look forward to

Yet over 35.000 will follow on

I think the happiest I've been was when Hill equalised at Parkhead, but the sad reality is that it was nothing more than that; an equaliser.

This time last year, I was genuinely buzzing for this season. The Scottish Cup final was a major disappointment, of course, but we had beaten them in the semi-final and we were back in the top flight, so as disappointing as the Hibs game was, we had a lot to look forward to. Then, we signed Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter, what a midfield that was shaping-up to be. I still remember the buzz around Barton joining. We even had Waghorn back and don't forget, he had a fantastic scoring record for us and was rushed back for the Scottish Cup final.Add to that, Joe Dodoo, the Premier League champions' prolific youth striker; we were looking in great shape.

If you told me then, the situation and position that we would be in now, I'd tell you to "fuck off" and laugh.

It doesn't help one bit that, let's not beat around the bush, they're on absolute fire. The buzz around that club - from their unbeaten run to the atmosphere the safe standing has generated - is brutal. Why don't we have safe standing? That irritates me, too, because we were selling-out Ibrox in the Third Division while they were closing the top tier at Parkhead.

As you've said, though, 35,000 renewals - that speaks volumes.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I think the happiest I've been was when Hill equalised at Parkhead, but the sad reality is that it was nothing more than that; an equaliser.

This time last year, I was genuinely buzzing for this season. The Scottish Cup final was a major disappointment, of course, but we had beaten them in the semi-final and we were back in the top flight, so as disappointing as the Hibs game was, we had a lot to look forward to. Then, we signed Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter, what a midfield that was shaping-up to be. I still remember the buzz around Barton joining. We even had Waghorn back and don't forget, he had a fantastic scoring record for us and was rushed back for the Scottish Cup final.Add to that, Joe Dodoo, the Premier League champions' prolific youth striker; we were looking in great shape.

If you told me then, the situation and position that we would be in now, I'd tell you to "fuck off" and laugh.

It doesn't help one bit that, let's not beat around the bush, they're on absolute fire. The buzz around that club - from their unbeaten run to the atmosphere the safe standing has generated - is brutal. Why don't we have safe standing? That irritates me, too, because we were selling-out Ibrox in the Third Division while they were closing the top tier at Parkhead.

Very good reply mate 

18 hours ago, As I Was Walking.... said:

Hi U obvs never watched us in the early 80's where a 5-1 tanking from the sheep was common nevermind "Them"

Are we not supposed to complain because we were also shite before many of us were even born?

Our support has become complacent and this attitude of "at least it's no as bad as then", or "at least it's not him" is rife. Sick of hearing about "it could be a lot worse" because even if that's true things could also be a hell of a lot better!  We're burying our heads in the sand here

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Are we not supposed to complain because we were also shite before many of us were even born?

Our support has become complacent and this attitude of "at least it's no as bad as then", or "at least it's not him" is rife. Sick of hearing about "it could be a lot worse" because even if that's true things could also be a hell of a lot better!  We're burying our heads in the sand here

4 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Our stadium is a shambles. Our team is a shambles and our board are a shambles. Court actions all over the place. Double up with the constant negative and unchallenged mhedia, our mindsets are sullied into mediocrisy and apathy.

Our leader reporting 35k ST holders, which will no doubt go over the 40k mark again. With such a solid base, wtf do we not have the feelgood factor, sitting back safe in the knowledge of a bright and prosperous future?

It's not hard to work out.

43 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Excellent summing up of the season

2 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

A few people are definitely trying to persuade themselves, never mind others, that we've had worse seasons.

Utter tripe.

If, as many on here seem to think, this is the worst Rangers team in history, then the results and performances are no better than can be expected.

1 minute ago, wilberforce1 said:

Utter tripe.

If, as many on here seem to think, this is the worst Rangers team in history, then the results and performances are no better than can be expected.

I'm not saying that it's the worst team, I'm saying that it's our most humiliating and unenjoyable season ever.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'm not saying that it's the worst team, I'm saying that it's our most humiliating and unenjoyable season ever.

And I never said you said it was the worst Rangers team ever, but it's the prevailing sentiment on RM.

8 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

So what the fuck were you referring to when quoting me and starting with a two-word sentence, "utter tripe"?

err...

5 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The most humiliating season has to be when we finished 3rd in the Championship with a budget that was probably higher than all the other teams combined. 

Raith Rovers also put us out of the Scottish Cup at Ibrox which was a disgrace.

The current league campaign has been poor but it's been nowhere near as bad as that.

23 minutes ago, Blue Atheist said:

The most humiliating season has to be when we finished 3rd in the Championship with a budget that was probably higher than all the other teams combined. 

The current league campaign has been poor but it's been nowhere near as bad as that.

Also that season (2014/15) we were 2-0 up vs Alloa and lost 3-2 in the Petrofac cup.  Europe looked a million miles away after that game and now we are on the brink of playing there again.  So no this season hasn't been good by any stretch, but where we came from we are making progress.

5 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Spot on that. Although I was nervous about our defence and lack of strengthening in that area I never imagined a season like the one we've endured. I was optimistic about everything you have mentioned too.

On 2017-5-17 at 9:49 PM, bluchoo said:

Hard to take but not a chance worst ever

1986 we finished 5th making europe by just 1 goal...in a 10 team league

This season is miles worse than that season yes we just made Europe and finished 5 th but we humped the scum 3 nil at ibrox  only lost once to them yes plenty of silly draws and a defeat to clydebank , but at least that Team had some fighting spirit and some quality players 

This current  lot are an embarrassment

12 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

:tu:100%

6 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Also that season (2014/15) we were 2-0 up vs Alloa and lost 3-2 in the Petrofac cup.  Europe looked a million miles away after that game and now we are on the brink of playing there again.  So no this season hasn't been good by any stretch, but where we came from we are making progress.

:lol:making progress . This is RANGERS  FC . SCOTLANDS premier club ffs

7 hours ago, Blue Atheist said:

You are in your teens .Right ???