IMO from one month into the season we only had ONE thing to legitimately play for

K.A.I

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I think some expected Pedro to beat Celtic and start reaching Cup finals after a few weeks in the job.  Those expectations were unrealistic as he was on a hiding to nothing for the remainder of this season. 

Pedro thought that was realistic.

"You need to be realistic at the same time. I think we are being totally ambitious and realistic by saying we would like second position and get the Scottish Cup." - PC 13/3/17

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This whole its not his team thing is past its sell by date, like every new manager arriving at any team he took over a squad of players, he's had two months to work with the squad, he picks the teams and its his responsibility to get a response and inspire a performance from those players. And he's failed.

mibbes cause many players know they wont be playing next season or mibbee he's just incapable of getting a team right up for a game that matters to the fans so much.

he needs to clear the dressing room and bring in players who will respond to him or it could be cheaper to just get rid.

So I have reflected on all this and here is my take

firstly I think Pedro is a dud. Been saying it since the first Celtic game

however, watching that game last night I feel like his style is so polar opposite from MW that he simply doesn't have the tools at his disposal that he needs to play his style. MW assembled a bunch of journeyman footballers to fit his vision of how the game should be played and to the extent of their ability they were successful. MW didn't want warriors, he wanted possession players. He didn't bring in grit And determination he brought in lightweight "ballers" 

i have spent the last 4 weeks saying that Pedro is a dud because he cannot organise 11 footballers into a cohesive unit. I believe these player have abilities and  a good manager should be able to manage a performance out of them.

But now i just think he is just too dramatically differently from MW and until he brings in the style of player he wants we will never see what he is capable of. 

The thing that worries me the most is what seems to be a lack of any system, and you can't just say the players are shit (which they are) because they should be able to work to any system they are given even if it is badly, and as I have stated before when people go on about how he changes things at half time to remedy any problems, it's not good management changing things but bad management to keep getting it wrong, how many times have the first half of games been absolutely garbage, and when I said Alan Pardew would be a good call people told me he wasn't good enough for Rangers so what the fuck does that make Pedro (and yes I do think he may have been set up as a fall guy) 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

:lol: aye that's what it is. 

The old different opinion line when there's no response. Been a while since I've seen that used on here but it's a night for things that's not happened in a long time to happen tonight I suppose.

I disagree with loads of people on here about loads of things - wakening up is to the fact that blatant mistakes are getting made in front of our faces but some are chosing to ignore it all because Warburton signed the players. 

Bang on. In every game since the Scottish Cup semi he's went with the exact same 'tactics' if you can even call them that. In each one of those games we have been completely outplayed and that includes playing against 10 men for 70 mins against the worst Hearts side in years.

I hope I'm wrong I really do but I've got a horrible feeling we're going to be in this exact same position again next year. 

Pedro says he wants a team of warriors so willing to give him a chance to sign some because at the minute the only ones  who come close are Hill and Garner. Now i'm not saying they're great players but they at least get stuck in. 

Which means we have 8 other outfield players who can't tackle worth a shit. To me this is one of our biggest problems nobody to get the ball back coz we're to lightweight.

7 hours ago, EssexBear69 said:

Pedro thought that was realistic.

"You need to be realistic at the same time. I think we are being totally ambitious and realistic by saying we would like second position and get the Scottish Cup." - PC 13/3/17

Winning the Scottish Cup was an unrealistic ambition regardless of the managers comments.  This squad of players is perhaps the worst we've ever had.  Celtic have a better player in every position with a very capable manager to boot.  Celtic were favourites to win the Scottish Cup and our chances of making it past them were always going to be slim.  The difference between 3rd and 2nd is about £100k so I really don't care if Pedro doesn't view that as a priority.  It does seem that Pedro is using this time to learn as much as he possibly can about this squad of players.  He's tried different formations, tactics, even promoted youth, and that'll help him moving in to the summer window. 

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

do we actually have a "Pedro can do no wrong' brigade?

I think  - at most - the only argument for Pedro is that he doesn't have his own players playing for him.

That's it.

You make it sound like a squad of shite players is a minor inconvenience.  Pedro is struggling against great odds right now.  We have to appreciate that the Rangers job he took over was a very difficult one.  When Pedro took over we were in free fall.  Celtic were 30 points in front with a vastly superior squad of players.  The possibility of embarrassment at the hands of Celtic was always a possibility given how far ahead of us they are.  The two teams are miles apart and expecting Pedro to overcome them having been in the job a few weeks it totally unreasonable. 

35 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

do we actually have a "Pedro can do no wrong' brigade?

I think  - at most - the only argument for Pedro is that he doesn't have his own players playing for him.

That's it.

It's exhibited quite clearly on here since last night. Even more sure of it than before I made this thread. That's just one part of my OP though and a very minor detail as deluded people on Rangers forums is part and parcel 

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You make it sound like a squad of shite players is a minor inconvenience.  Pedro is struggling against great odds right now.  We have to appreciate that the Rangers job he took over was a very difficult one.  When Pedro took over we were in free fall.  Celtic were 30 points in front with a vastly superior squad of players.  The possibility of embarrassment at the hands of Celtic was always a possibility given how far ahead of us they are.  The two teams are miles apart and expecting Pedro to overcome them having been in the job a few weeks it totally unreasonable.[\b]

Are you talking about Rangers and Aberdeen? 

Can you post your table again after Celtic win tonight please 

10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You make it sound like a squad of shite players is a minor inconvenience.  Pedro is struggling against great odds right now.  We have to appreciate that the Rangers job he took over was a very difficult one.  When Pedro took over we were in free fall.  Celtic were 30 points in front with a vastly superior squad of players.  The possibility of embarrassment at the hands of Celtic was always a possibility given how far ahead of us they are.  The two teams are miles apart and expecting Pedro to overcome them having been in the job a few weeks it totally unreasonable. 

do I ? thats not what I meant to do. I had an article re Pedro that was suppossed to go on the home page - but unfortunately thats down at the moment so I'll post it in reply to this post as it's pertinent...

The Learning Curve

The trouble with new managers coming in just after a transfer window is that there is limited room to make significant changes to the personnel for a good part of the rest of the season and he, therefore, has to find out for himself how good or bad his current players are by playing them. This applies particularly to a foreign manager who would not have the faintest idea about Scottish football prior to the appointment. Thus we are treated to the sight of Martyn Waghorn et al continually failing to deliver as Pedro Caixinha learns for himself the hard way, what most already know about his players - that they are not up to the task at hand. For Rangers fans, this learning curve that Caixinha is on is a painful and repetitive process and one that we must all hope ends sooner rather than later.

Much like Mark Warburton before him, Caixinha has to understand quickly that hammerings by your oldest rivals are the surest way to the exit door. Yet in the last two games against Celtic, Caixinhas tactics had ex pros shaking their head, with Stephen Thompson pinioning:  “He went with a narrow midfield diamond and two up front. Was it bold? No, probably more naive.” It is the same label targeted at Warburton following his continual refusal to change his favoured 4-3-3 formation earlier in the season. It is concerning that Rangers are nearing the end of the season and absolutely nothing has been learned about how to play Celtic other than the singular exception of  Graeme Murtys deserved draw away from home. Regardless, Caixinha will be given a stay of execution as most fans recognise that the squad is not his, and are willing to at least see how the next transfer window improves things. However, if Rangers start next season as they did last, then the window of patience afforded him by the Rangers support will snap closed very quickly.

The task facing Caixinha to get a team on the park that is capable of competing against - and yes even beating - Celtic should not be underestimated.  Tinkering at the edges of the current squad won’t do it - a major overhaul is required. Yet he has very little time to prepare for next season and the funds available to him in order to start re-building this Rangers team are a complete unknown. 

It’s a daunting challenge. Frankly few of the players he has at the moment look able to step up to the level required. However, he appears to be wasting no time in reorganising the squad to fit they type of player he wants to see, with Hill and Senderos already been shown the door and Hyndman confirmed as returning to Bournemouth. Replacements and additions to the squad appear very much on the near horizon as Caixinha states:  “We already have some of the players that are out of competition and are already on vacation”. However, not that many fans will know of the players Caixinha has worked with and wants to bring in given the leagues he has worked in and doubt will remain as to whether these players are up to the task until they can actually be witnessed in a Rangers jersey. A couple of minutes of a game on a Youtube video is not sufficient time for fans to determine the ability of the player and regardless, the quality of the league they are currently playing in is also a huge factor. Pedro Caixinha won’t be the first Rangers manager who underestimated the Scottish Premiership and he has to make sure the quality he is bringing it is markedly superior to what we have at present.

There is a lot of trust, hope , responsibility and perhaps unrealistic expectation being heaped on Pedro Caixinhas shoulders by the fans. He has a short period of time in order to show us he is making significant progress. Let us hope he can deliver.

36 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If you want to make comparrisons with Them, try this one.

The that gubbed us 5-1 had only ONE player in it that Brenda signed. The rest were already there.

OK he took over a team that won the league, but they were ordinary.

Of course Pedro might do better when he gets his own players in. But he is the manager and it's his job to manage with what he's got.

All of the players currently at Ibrox are HIS players and he had to get the best he can out of them. But he's simply not doing that.

Just now, Grin'nBEARit said:

If you want to make comparrisons with Them, try this one.

The that gubbed us 5-1 had only ONE player in it that Brenda signed. The rest were already there.

OK he took over a team that won the league, but they were ordinary.

Of course Pedro might do better when he gets his own players in. But he is the manager and it's his job to manage with what he's got.

All of the players currently at Ibrox are HIS players and he had to get the best he can out of them. But he's simply not doing that.

Rodgers took over a title winning squad with European experience.  Pedro took over a newly promoted side that has been in free fall for several months.

Brendan Rodgers has spent over £5m in the transfer market bringing in the likes of Sinclair, Demble, Toure, etc.  Pedro hasn't signed anyone.

You're demanding Pedro "manage what he's got".  What he's got is a team that is inferior to Celtic in every single position.  He's not a miracle worker.

None of the players currently at Ibrox have the ability or mentality to compete with Celtic for this title.  If we want Pedro to win the title he's going to need money and the opportunity to sign new and better players. 

55 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Are you talking about Rangers and Aberdeen? 

Can you post your table again after Celtic win tonight please 

Aberdeen were ahead of us in the league before Pedro took over.  Aberdeen were beating us in the league before Pedro took over.  Aberdeen have a number of players that are quite possibly better than our own.  The current situation Rangers find themselves in was not created by Pedro Caixinha.  Pedro was brought in, held a back of shit, and asked to hold it until the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Aberdeen were ahead of us in the league before Pedro took over.  Aberdeen were beating us in the league before Pedro took over.  Aberdeen have a number of players that are quite possibly better than our own.  The current situation Rangers find themselves in was not created by Pedro Caixinha.  Pedro was brought in, held a back of shit, and asked to hold it until the end of the season.

It's been made worse by him.

Qualifying for Europe was the legitimate thing to play for.

Records matter to fans, not so much to managers and the club in general.

Last night hurt, no doubt about it. But I would rather trade our record in against Aberdeen to qualify for Europe and in turn, attract a better calibre of player than we have and to get rid of the dross which have lost us so many tucking records in the first place.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

my thoughts exactly its going to be a long hard road to success; very few other managers would have made much of a difference at the moment; but pedro needs to get it right in the next window thats for sure

44 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Rodgers took over a title winning squad with European experience.  Pedro took over a newly promoted side that has been in free fall for several months.

Brendan Rodgers has spent over £5m in the transfer market bringing in the likes of Sinclair, Demble, Toure, etc.  Pedro hasn't signed anyone.

You're demanding Pedro "manage what he's got".  What he's got is a team that is inferior to Celtic in every single position.  He's not a miracle worker.

None of the players currently at Ibrox have the ability or mentality to compete with Celtic for this title.  If we want Pedro to win the title he's going to need money and the opportunity to sign new and better players. 

I am demanding that he does the best he can with the resources at his disposal, however meagre they may be.

Do you think he's allowing the current group to play to their strengths?

If we're getting 10 or 12 new first team players in the next 2 or 3 weeks then fine. But it appears to me that the current squad will supply the majority of the first team for the start of the season and Pedro has chucked it, in terms of trying to get a performance out of them. Not a good situation

15 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Winning the Scottish Cup was an unrealistic ambition regardless of the managers comments.  This squad of players is perhaps the worst we've ever had.  Celtic have a better player in every position with a very capable manager to boot.  Celtic were favourites to win the Scottish Cup and our chances of making it past them were always going to be slim.  The difference between 3rd and 2nd is about £100k so I really don't care if Pedro doesn't view that as a priority.  It does seem that Pedro is using this time to learn as much as he possibly can about this squad of players.  He's tried different formations, tactics, even promoted youth, and that'll help him moving in to the summer window. 

I agree with almost all of that.

My point was that Pedro thought he could get more out of the current squad than they were giving at the time to achieve those goals - so those judging him for failing to do that do have some justification for doing so, even if the bigger test will be what he does in the transfer window.

On 17/05/2017 at 9:58 PM, K.A.I said:

& tonight we fucked it.

Just one thing we had to maintain this season.

It was clear we didn't have enough to compete with Celtic early on but I stupidly thought we would still finish second but the main thing I wanted was not to lose that record to them.

The players didn't care a jot (apart from a 5/10-minute spell after Waghorn scoring) from the off it was like a pre-season friendly to them. Only Miller got it and early on young Wilson at the back, you could see it on the young boys face he was wanting to get stuck in even if ability-wise he might not have had it.

I know the 'Pedro can do no wrong' brigade are currently sharpening their knives ready to get stuck into myself for this post and anyone else with legitimate concerns so I'll get the part out of the road that get's rammed down our throats in defence of him every day that I know he didn't sign these players. I know. Cheers.

The players are useless wankers who hopefully won't be returning from pre-season holidays but you might have Pedro to thank for helping them down the tools tonight. He made a point of telling them quite blazenly in the press that a lot of them won't be back. This is Pedro all over he talks a good game but doesn't think.

He done Aberdeen's team talk for them tonight with his pish he's spouted.

Naming teams against Kilmarnock 2-days in advance.
Record since the 60's in Scottish Cup Semi's against Celtic gone.
Worst ever Ibrox Old Firm defeat.
Almost 30-years since they cunt's beat us at Ibrox ... now long gone.
Speaking absolute bollocks in the press, taking the huff saying he's keeping his thoughts to himself then resuming the pish talk a day or so after.
No further forward with a style of play (yes in spite of it being someone else's signings)

We've had Jim Duffy, Gordon Smith, Neil Lennon, Davie Provan, Derek McInnes and some others all come out and criticise Pedro in the past day or two and I can't disagree with what they said. Some of the guys I respect greatly one I don't but I think what they've said is correct - it's nothing to do with the media gunning for him, he's gave the media all sorts of ammo and headlines on a plate. There's a massive difference but it doesn't suit the false narrative about Poor Pedro that some of the support have built up. 

Pedro was an intentional appointment by this scummy board to keep the heat off them. They knew fine well there's a good chance all this would happen but they did it anyway so they could say "it was a gamble we tried a different route for the good of the club" .. I almost feel sorry for Pedro as he's being used as a clear patsy here. Pedro (like Cathro at Hearts) is an excellent number two who's tactically minded but out his depth as the manager of a team like ours. 

I could be totally wrong (I hope I am) but watch our transfer recruitment involve all sorts of random dudes from South America and the Gulf states with a couple of second-rate Scottish talent like Jack from Aberdeen and Crawford from Hamilton and us having to rebuild again next summer. Identiclal position. 

I don't rate our youths but to prove a point I'd send every single one of our first team players away for their summer holidays right now and give everyone of them a game against St Johnstone last game of the season. Show some balls Pedro and just do that. 

Said it the day he was appointed KAI he's a patsy appointment from a potless board of directors. 

He will be home by Oct/Nov next season but not before many more bizarre incidents. 

Everything I dreaded about his appointment was confirmed in the 5-1 game. He learnt absolutely nothing from the semi final the week before. 

When i heard the team for the game that day I honestly thought about turning back and going home.  

This is a poor man's PLG - Murty was the only guy in the dugout with any savvy this season. 

Make no mistake about it. The manager is the most important employee at any football club. If you get the right man he can transform things e.g. Improve players and the team significantly and having the tactical nuance to adjust to the opposition both before and during a game 

I have seen no evidence of any of that from Pedro. This will get messy by October in my opinion. This place will be a clusterfuck