***The Official St Johnstone V Rangers Match Thread ***

Why, all of a sudden, are we launching young boys into the starting eleven by the truckload? Who is Atakayi? I agree with rewarding their form in the development squad, but it has to be gradual.

The boy next to me made an excellent point last night; that atmosphere was toxic at times and the management staff have a responsibility to protect the young boys. I'm not saying it's the case, but I almost feel as if Caixinha's using the younger players to get us out of the mess that the more experienced, older players in the first team got us into. I appreciate that injuries have played a major part, but a few times, he's went for unproven youth over experience.

Wilson and Bates did themselves proud last night, but make no mistake about it, they struggled. Wilson could easily have conceded a penalty early on and Bates should have cost us a goal.

Anyway, I'll be there on Sunday, but I'm very much looking forward to this disaster of a season ending.

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Why, all of a sudden, are we launching young boys into the starting eleven by the truckload? Who is Atakayi? I agree with rewarding their form in the development squad, but it has to be gradual.

The boy next to me made an excellent point last night; that atmosphere was toxic at times and the management staff have a responsibility to protect the young boys. I'm not saying it's the case, but I almost feel as if Caixinha's using the younger players to get us out of the mess that the more experienced, older players in the first team got us into. I appreciate that injuries have played a major part, but a few times, he's went for unproven youth over experience.

Wilson and Bates did themselves proud last night, but make no mistake about it, they struggled. Wilson could easily have conceded a penalty early on and Bates should have cost us a goal.

Anyway, I'll be there on Sunday, but I'm very much looking forward to this disaster of a season ending.

Nobody really gives a fuck about this game, it's the definition of a dead rubber, I'd rather play them and see what happens. Aye the atmosphere was toxic but away games are different and if they can't handle it they're at the wrong club.

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Nobody really gives a fuck about this game, it's the definition of a dead rubber, I'd rather play them and see what happens. Aye the atmosphere was toxic but away games are different and if they can't handle it they're at the wrong club.

I don't think it's as black-and-white as "if they can't handle it they're at the wrong club". As I said, the management have a responsibility to protect the young boys' confidence.

I'd love to see Toral, Garner, Windass, etc. dropped purely out of spite for what has been a chronic season and in particular, their recent performances, but injuries dictate that we can't replace them with back-up, instead young boys.

It's a lose-lose situation, to be honest. This whole season has been like that.

47 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The volume of young boys coming in over the last few weeks has been purely down to injuries.

I think had everyone been fit he would've given the likes of Beerman and Barjonas half an hour here and there.

Tav is currently our only fit senior defender and the midfield is also on the bones of it's arse.