Pedro's First Signing

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I am worried about his age and that he isn't the same player he once was but I am happy overall with this.

If we got one solid season out him to really strengthen us at the back and significantly improve the points we picked up, which gives Pedro breathing space for a few more transfer windows, I'd be delighted.

41 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Happy we seem to be doing business early & he's certainly an improvement on Bates etc 

Watched him a while ago (euros) and he seemed decent, really don't understand the massive hype behind him though

Aye, right enough, it's not like we've been crying out for a decent CB since the third division and this cunt alves has won fuck all apart from 7 league titles, 7 domestic cups and been part of the Portugal international side for years... Fuck all to get excited by there, he'll not keep kiernan out the team anyway 

6 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I am worried about his age and that he isn't the same player he once was but I am happy overall with this.

Tbh i think he's exactly what we need at the moment, he's still playing a lot of games at a higher standard and we need an experienced head in the centre of the back line, hill did well enough and alves has 4 years on him!

Would much prefer to get a couple of older heads who know how to win in the side especially if the rest is going to be made up with younger inexperienced players

7 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Aye, right enough, it's not like we've been crying out for a decent CB since the third division and this cunt alves has won fuck all apart from 7 league titles, 7 domestic cups and been part of the Portugal international side for years... Fuck all to get excited by there, he'll not keep kiernan out the team anyway 

Some people you just can't please. Fannies in our support critical of everything despite watching Kiernan cost of 15 plus goals this season through simple mistakes.

Just now, the_r_sole said:

Tbh i think he's exactly what we need at the moment, he's still playing a lot of games at a higher standard and we need an experienced head in the centre of the back line, hill did well enough and alves has 4 years on him!

Would much prefer to get a couple of older heads who know how to win in the side especially if the rest is going to be made up with younger inexperienced players

Agree with this.

We also can't understand estimate the impact of signing a proven international household name for encouraging others who may be interested but waiting to see how the club was moving forward under Pedro.

Pray this is true but like others have said will wait until he's at Auchenhowie before I believe it.

Exactly the type of centre half we've been crying out for, he's a big animal aswell as a leader. Won't accept the type of performances we seen from Toral on Wednesday that's for sure.

For those worried about his age, large section of our support wanted big Clint to get another deal and he'd be 39. Bruno is 10 times the player Hill ever was and 4 years younger. 

I've said in another post weeks ago we need to be signing players who play for their country. A centre mid & centre forward of the same quality is essential. Then try to get the rest of the shitbags we can't shift to do the basics round these three.

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

Why not keep Hill as a partner? Seems odd. 

I think you've got to hope that the combined age of our first choice cb pairing is less that 75 next season... it's got to be a mix of experience and youth, no point in having old players not learning off each other at this stage

9 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Already asked this in the thread in the transfer section but if we sign him should we immediately be looking to make him captain?

He'd be so far above anybody else in the squad in terms of quality, experience and pedigree that I think you almost have to.

Not for me, Wallace doesn't deserve that. I know we'd all like him to be more vocal on the park but I wouldn't take it off him for as long as he's in the first team.

Someone like Alves won't need an armband to be a leader.