• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Tell you what.

Ill bet you £100 that we dont win the league. You bet me £100 that we will win the league.

You expect to win £100, so you should not hesitate right?

It's an interesting bet, there is someone who believes that whenever you speculate on the future you should back it up as in the futures market with money. I won't take you up on your offer though!

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Tell you what.

Ill bet you £100 that we dont win the league. You bet me £100 that we will win the league.

No because expectations don't come true. Not once in this thread have I said we will definitely win the league.

said it should be the clubs expectations to start a season as the aim to win in not close the gap

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's an interesting bet, there is someone who believes that whenever you speculate on the future you should back it up as in the futures market with money. I won't take you up on your offer though!

If you had, I was just gonna go down the bookies and put £90 on us winning the league.

Whatever the outcome I was winning ;)

Edit : Ah shit, wrong reply

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Tell you what.

Tell you what MM, Why don't we make a wee bet. 

If we win the league you give govan blue £100 for erskine, if we don't finish within single figures of them I'll give £100 to erskine, if we do finish single figures behind we both give £100. 

Pedro said he wanted a squad of 22/23 plus 3 goalkeepers yeah?

We currently have 22 players and 2 goalkeepers. I don't imagine he'll sign another keeper so McCrorie will probably be the third one. 

Assuming the rumours of 9 players coming in are correct we can expect around 9 to leave. Hill, Senderos and Toral will be 3 of them so another 6 should be shown the door. 

I think it'll be Kiernan, Forrester, Crooks,  Waghorn, Halliday and O'Halloran. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If we win the league you give govan blue £100 for erskine, if we don't finish within single figures of them I'll give £100 to erskine, if we do finish single figures behind we both give £100. 

Deal, happy with that!

Would be the happiest ive ever been losing a bet!

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Exactly. And if we sign Alves that is a declaration of intent to me, especially when the guy has not only played at the very highest level but had success as well. He has a look that says defeat is not an option. I know he's 35, but the man look's like a winner.

There was so much going wrong the other night that he would have nipped in the bud. Wilson nervously making a few bad passes? An experienced centre back would have calmed him down. Toral dropping them in it with his shitey pass backs? Bruno would have got torn right into him. Foderingham not shouting for the ball and getting annoyed as Wilson was going for it? He'd have been told to claim it if he's going for it. Just basic things would make a big difference, and Bruno doesn't seem the sort who'd accept that sort of nonsense. (Especially the shite efforts of Toral and Windass the other night.)

If we expect only to close the gap and recruit accordingly we can expect more of the same, maybe we'll 'close the gap' to just the 30 or 20 points. 

We should be recruiting to try and win the league. However unlike last season be realistic, and accept  that in the circumstances finishing second by at the least double figures in points and preferably giving Celtic a genuine challenge until the league split at least, beating them at least once on the way would be a decent season. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Course I would. I expect to be disappointed though.

If a buy a lottery ticket and dont win the jackpot then im disappointed, but I dont buy the ticket with the expectation that I will win it.

Thats nothing to do with the 150M/1 odds? 

32 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He's solid enough, just he's about 5'5 that's the issue. 

Has a bit of wee man syndrome which I like. 

But in last years SC Semi, he got in and about them and didn't give Brown an inch of space. 

This year he has bottled out, and been shoved off the ball constantly. Albeit he is not our best player, but far from being our worst. 

I'd love him to have that 'wee man syndrome' in every game... 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

He has the look to me of someone who is leaving. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure he cares anymore.

Hope you're right mate saying that could say that about 90% of them tbf.

He's the one i'd be punting out the door first, he brings absolutely nothing to the table apart from a few penalties.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You'd make a great hedge fund manager CB!

1 hour ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I never said we were going to win it did I?

you think I'm crazy cos I expect a Rangers team to start a season with the expectations of winning a league rather than 'closing a gap'

Quite right mate. Always aim for the top. It should be in every rangers fans blood.

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's the way I am too even starting to feel it now as mad as that sounds 

everything I've said about Pedro I stand by but this weekend is our last game, the players are going, new ones are coming in and it will soon be a fresh start

start the season like we finished this then heads will roll - no excuses from anyone 

I'm the same I've criticised him a lot this week but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he has literally just took this time to asses players and come the end of June the serious stuff starts. Next season we need a good start to get everyone on side. We have the second biggest budget in the league so there can be no excuses for not beating the likes of Hamilton, Ross County etc.

His signings are going to be crucial and starting off with solid centre half who won the Euros last year isn't bad.

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

As Pedro said before the sheep game he will tell the players today who's part of the squad for next season, no doubt the usual leaks coming out of ibrox will let us know,players told to go/ find a new club could be:

the obvious ones: hill,senderos,toral,hyndman

under contract but never featured: forester, moh,kiernan

Played but never shone: dodoo,windass,Halliday,hodson,holt

players who I think Pedro is 50/50 on: McKay,waghorn

just guessing might have missed somebody

That's only 14 players :pipe: p- shorter to type who stays! I don't think we have the luxuary of 14 players being swapped out 

31 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

This. It's one of the things about Derek McInnes that, in my mind, mark him out as someone we should never hire. He plays on the media making out he's a massive success, when his team stumble every time they're expected to win; that he speaks of pushing Celtic but thinks finishing 30 points behind them is alright, because Aberdeen aren't Rangers, should be a red flag for the sheep shaggers - someone with a real winning mentality would have taken advantage of Celtic's form last season, and wouldn't be toasting to finishing second as a result of us imploding. 

The most important thing this summer is to bring in players that are used to winning, and expect it. We need players that communicate on the pitch as well; basically, we need leaders. Pedro's evaluations are probably about sorting out those who could be better players with those leaders around them from the ones that are just utter shitebags and don't belong. If we don't secure those kind of players, the best we can hope for is to be a better supported Aberdeen, albeit with less sexual abuse of livestock. 

He has had the 2nd highest budget in the league for 3 of the last 4 seasons - so he is doing his job no more, and certainly not an outstanding job as he and the media make out. 

Hope he never gets anywhere near our club. 

47 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I understand that, and in some ways even I have to realise that we are limited, but we can never go into any match, or any season in this league, expecting to fail. The danger of that is that it can become a permanent thing.  This club has always said something to me, something defiant in the face of defeat even; just like it has you as well most probably. It is built on dreams, that's all I'm saying, and we should never lose that.

I get what you are saying, but it isn't just matters on the park. Unlike the 80's, we are now surrounded with a political and mhedia environment that is negative to everything we do and stand for. We are no longer the club of the establishment, as the establishment has now changed and scum fc are now that club.

During that low point in our history, the scum were not all pervasive are they are now. We had the sheep and dundee hivs being successful. There has been a massive shift in mindsets socially, politically and football wise since then. We were an institution held in high regard. We are no longer that. We now have those at the helm who have eroded our very values, far less killed off any integrity we had left. It's tantamount to being a crime these days just being a Rangers supporter.

There is a dstinct lack of pride and passion in all to do with us and some of it arrived at by our own hand.

In the last fve years and for at least in the short term, there was and only is one club that can win this league. They then served notice with the hiring of Brenda and their performances have reflected that investment. We remain unstable financially, along with court cases pending and at best we can improve in baby steps, but none of that actually equals catching them with their financial might, because they are not standing still awaiting our resurgence and cam make the current gap bigger because of that.

We may not be a provincial club, but everything about us at this juncture puts us in that category in comparison to them.

I used to go along to a game with pride and expectation that we will win the game and the title. That has long gone. Just about every team in the land gives me the fear.

The environment both on and off the park are inseperable and the expectation can only be achieved if both are flourishing and we are quite clearly not in both cases.

We are bombarded with anti Rangers sentiment just about every day in our lives now. We know the club are in financial difficulty and we know the team are far off from challenging for anything. I cannot shut off my mind to that and it does infulence how I think and feel, including my expectations. Our goal should always be about winning the title, as we have the pedigree and track record, but at this moment in time it is an unrealstic expectation when taking all things into consideration. I do fully expect us to improve from this season though and that may change either way by xmas depending on where we are sitting in thevleague, so hopefully to the positive!

25 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Pedro said he wanted a squad of 22/23 plus 3 goalkeepers yeah?

We currently have 22 players and 2 goalkeepers. I don't imagine he'll sign another keeper so McCrorie will probably be the third one

Assuming the rumours of 9 players coming in are correct we can expect around 9 to leave. Hill, Senderos and Toral will be 3 of them so another 6 should be shown the door. 

I think it'll be Kiernan, Forrester, Crooks,  Waghorn, Halliday and O'Halloran. 

Probably more likely to be Kelly I'd have thought.