Players being told today

Ivybank

7 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

If we expect only to close the gap and recruit accordingly we can expect more of the same, maybe we'll 'close the gap' to just the 30 or 20 points. 

We should be recruiting to try and win the league. However unlike last season be realistic, and accept  that in the circumstances finishing second by at the least double figures in points and preferably giving Celtic a genuine challenge until the league split at least, beating them at least once on the way would be a decent season. 

Spot on ??

At the current level of finances, we would be looking at an almost impossible task to recruit a title winning side in the summer window. If we see an improvement on what we have to a level of finishing in a comfortable second (and maybe a wee European run) then the next couple of transfer windows is where the next step of the improvement should happen. 

Whoever ends up in the squad for next season should have it drummed into them that their only job is to win the next match. I managed my team a few years ago when I was having a season out with injury, we were not the youngest, fittest or most skilful side in the comp but we played smart and won the league and narrowly missed out the following season. 

Point is, one game at a time and lesser players can be turned into a winning team. Look at Leicester last year. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There is a dstinct lack of pride and passion in all to do with us and some of it arrived at by our own hand.

We may not be a provincial club, but everything about us at this juncture puts us in that category in comparison to them.

I used to go along to a game with pride and expectation that we will win the game and the title. That has long gone. Just about every team in the land gives me the fear.

The environment both on and off the park are inseperable and the expectation can only be achieved if both are flourishing and we are quite clearly not in both cases.

I cannot shut off my mind to that and it does infulence how I think and feel, including my expectations. Our goal should always be about winning the title, as we have the pedigree and track record, but at this moment in time it is an unrealstic expectation when taking all things into consideration. I do fully expect us to improve from this season though and that may change either way by xmas depending on where we are sitting in thevleague, so hopefully to the positive!

We could start by making a few good signings, and if we start to perform more consistently, and blending some raw talent from Auchenhowie into the set up getting a winning mentality back. It will all start with how we perform on the park mate, and take it from there. The support needs a lift, and hopefully it stats again this season.

Hope windass goes , done one decent thing all season and thinks he's the ticket and ssshhh's the bears , no be sssshhh us when he's back on £300 a week with Accrington swifts or whatever pish he came from 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Forest already have players in their positions who are more highly rated than them so I don't think he will.

Forest have also just been bought over by some loaded cunt so they will be shopping in a different market they may even bump Warburton.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Something tells me the guy that's bought them wants automatic promotion!

This is it they may then look to get in someone with more experience as paying him off would be easy for them.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

This is it they may then look to get in someone with more experience as paying him off would be easy for them.

I can't help wondering if they all knew this was in the pipeline from the beginning though. Will be interesting to see how it pans out during the summer.

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

Forest have also just been bought over by some loaded cunt so they will be shopping in a different market they may even bump Warburton.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's binned for a 'bigger names that's usually what happens down there, especially in the Championship.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

"We want to rekindle Forest's past success and we are committed to the club for the long term.

"What the club needs is solid and time-tested management, a professional board, and above all, the best possible football management and players."

Just saw that quote from the new guy. Yeah, I think he's looking for automatic promotion!

1 hour ago, roboscot said:

Spot on ??

At the current level of finances, we would be looking at an almost impossible task to recruit a title winning side in the summer window. If we see an improvement on what we have to a level of finishing in a comfortable second (and maybe a wee European run) then the next couple of transfer windows is where the next step of the improvement should happen. 

Whoever ends up in the squad for next season should have it drummed into them that their only job is to win the next match. I managed my team a few years ago when I was having a season out with injury, we were not the youngest, fittest or most skilful side in the comp but we played smart and won the league and narrowly missed out the following season. 

Point is, one game at a time and lesser players can be turned into a winning team. Look at Leicester last year. 

I actually agree with this. I think with careful spending then it may not take much to turn it around. A winning mentality needs to grow at the club again, and this would be a good place to start.

The gap should be narrowed with the right signings, we have more scope for improvement than the tarriers have. We can bring in far better players than we have now with some proper research, they won't get anyone much better than they have already. The top drawer players they're deluding themselves that they can attract wouldn't be interested in playring in this backwater and getting pumped 7-0 in the Champions League group stages.

40 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Of course its about the odds.

Show me a bookie that makes us favourites to win the league next year and then ill reassess my statement about not expecting to win the league.

Show me a bookie that offers odds on us winnin the league anywhere near a lotto win odds then, and we'll talk. Your the one thats compared the two, not me. 

2 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

I wish he would get himself to the gym and stop being a lightweight. Sometimes he seems to have a bit of technical ability... whilst being snappy. But then he is shoved off the ball and practically shat himself against most players this season. 

I don't think he shat himself. He gives his all and has more heart than several others in our squad. He's just very small and slightly built. 

24 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Show me a bookie that offers odds on us winnin the league anywhere near a lotto win odds then, and we'll talk. Your the one thats compared the two, not me. 

Eh? Think you have got yourself mixed up.

I have literally no idea what point you are trying to make.

Do you think we will win the league next year and therefore think the bookies are wrong?

Or do you expect us to win the league, but think we probably won't?

If your answer is the second option, then you prove my point perfectly.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Eh? Think you have got yourself mixed up.

I have literally no idea what point you are trying to make.

Do you think we will win the league next year and therefore think the bookies are wrong?

Or do you expect us to win the league, but think we probably won't?

If your answer is the second option, then you prove my point perfectly.

I have myself mixed up? No no:

You told another member to "get ready to be disappointed", and I asked if that meant you wouldnt be disappointed of we failed to win the league.

You've then gone and compared the disappointment of not winning the league, to that of not winning the lottery. A comparison between a two team league, and a 150M/1 raffle. I think you're maybe confused, or you maybe don't understand what disappointment actually is. 

I dont have a clue how we'll line up next season, the same as everyone else, but with the correct investment? Yes, I expect us to win the league, yes I think we can, and yes, I think we will. I'll be very disappointed if we dont, but then I'm not the one going out tonight to buy a shoe-in lotto ticket. 

And please, explain to me how I can "expect us to win the league, but think we probably won't"? I wasn't confused at the start, but I sure as fuck am now after trying to figure out that wee beauty. 

5 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I have myself mixed up? No no:

You told another member to "get ready to be disappointed", and I asked if that meant you wouldnt be disappointed of we failed to win the league.

You've then gone and compared the disappointment of not winning the league, to that of not winning the lottery. A comparison between a two team league, and a 150M/1 raffle. I think you're maybe confused, or you maybe don't understand what disappointment actually is. 

I dont have a clue how we'll line up next season, the same as everyone else, but with the correct investment? Yes, I expect us to win the league, yes I think we can, and yes, I think we will. I'll be very disappointed if we dont, but then I'm not the one going out tonight to buy a shoe-in lotto ticket. 

And please, explain to me how I can "expect us to win the league, but think we probably won't"? I wasn't confused at the start, but I sure as fuck am now after trying to figure out that wee beauty. 

Okay, so you think that the bookies are wrong and that we are the favorites to win the league. I dont.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I suspect you will be disappointed.

As for the part in bold, the statement is contradictory, so it is not supposed to make sense. That is the point I am trying to make!