ABOD Parade - Airdrie - 20th May - 12 noon

Hoodster

40 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I take it the weather was bad?

I went down to watch the Greenock Murray club Apprentice boys and Greenock Grenadiers do the return leg but it was cancelled as the got soaked in Airdrie.

Weather was atrocious at some points to be honest.  Marchers were soaked to the skin - some for the second time of the day after their morning walk.

Maybe (if true) Greenock didn't fancy marching again after being in soaking wet gear for hours?   Would be the first time I have heard of a parade being cancelled due to weather / cold / wet right enough. 

As for the band plumbGer - they have a bit to go but decent numbers.  Sounded decent - could do with working on their marching. A bit out of line/step at times, but they are a young band so good luck to them!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hoodster said:

Weather was atrocious at some points to be honest.  Marchers were soaked to the skin - some for the second time of the day after their morning walk.

Maybe (if true) Greenock didn't fancy marching again after being in soaking wet gear for hours?   Would be the first time I have heard of a parade being cancelled due to weather / cold / wet right enough. 

As for the band plumbGer - they have a bit to go but decent numbers.  Sounded decent - could do with working on their marching. A bit out of line/step at times, but they are a young band so good luck to them!

Well the hardest part these days is getting the numbers so they have plenty to work on.

My old man said pretty much the same, he was out with them at 8am for the first part of their day before they went through to Airdrie.

They have a sash bash fundraiser on next week in the Greenock Rangers so i will probably go along to that.

3 hours ago, Hoodster said:

Great parade other than the weather. Some great bands these days - excellent standard and healthy in numbers.  

GPB great as always.  Airdrie Grenadiers are a great little band now. Pollok and Pride of the Grange also stood out for me. 

Airdrie Grenadiers always parade with us at East Of Scotland. Great band. Know a few lads who have went down from north east. They've done 3 parades today.

20 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

Airdrie Grenadiers always parade with us at East Of Scotland. Great band. Know a few lads who have went down from north east. They've done 3 parades today.

Three parades done today. Was soaked to the fucking bones but couple of quick pints had, home to get nice shower and a linky  of the pork kind, and clothes ironed to head back put.  Fuck sitting in a soaking wet uniform .

Still weather was shite 

But who cares? It won't kill you but tarriers will try.  So hey ho. Good parade,  all three from 930 this morning . So aye happy with that.  Well done ABOD