This season is it really that bad considering?

GILLIES

13 hours ago, GILLIES said:

I just wanted to put a post up to see if all this negativity coming through on ssb is the opinion of all the fans or are there others like me lol.

First of all it is bad to finish so far behind Celtic ,they've steam rolled this league this season and I wasn't expecting them to be as dominant as they have been but apart from Them  I remember at the end of last season a lot of rangers fans had said top 6 in our first season would be a good foundation to build on after being out of the premiership for 4 years obviously that went out the window the minute the season started.

We struggled to "gel" but we where coming good and then kranjcar got injured for the season and Barton who we all knew was gamble ,fucked it for himself. But if you look at it from a Warburton point of view that was his starting central pair to build the team around and straight away there out and we are left to fill the starting 11 with what I'd say is the squad players like the crooks, halliday ,holt, windass so that obviously fucked his plans up and we've been scrambling ever since.

Then the bread man bails mid season and we aent what 6 games without a full time manager. Then we finally get one with 10 games to go and in those 10 games he needs to figure out the players and try and do the spectacular on top of that his the team captain is injured and out for the rest of the season.People keep saying if he was a good manager he should be able to make the players hes got play better but let's not forget Brendon Rodgers had a whole pre season to get a team Together caixinha had a week to try and put a team out with squad filler players and the youth team (due to injuries)in my opinion these games mean nothing to Pedro I thinks he's trying to find the players he can work with next season because we can't buy a full team  so he's trying different things to test them and despite all of that we still finished 3rd  (and apart from pride the difference between 2nd and 3rd is minimal) and are in Europe. 

There is people saying get him out the door don't give him the money but fact is he was brought in ,in a small part because he knows players from around the world to try and find gems from the americas and europe and stop us signing league 1 players or retiring EPL player,I think he needs time and patience he's not been left with much but with kranjcar ,rossiter and Wallace back with foderingham in goals I'm buzzing to see who he does bring in and how next season will go.

Anybody agree or am I on my own here :(

Im all for perspective ..but this season is the biggest let down i can remember . Even in the bad days of the early 80s when we came 5th n 4th at least we had some fight when we played ..this lot are embarrassing .

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, GILLIES said:

Again I've said our team is just squad filler and there fuckin frustrating to watch I'm just saying that despite us being dire for the whole season we are still in Europe and I genuinely don't think its as big a rebuild as we think foderingham is solid in goals Wallace for lb if we get alves cb probably need another cb tag will need to do for another season and hopefully with better quality in the team he and McKay LW step up ,kranjcar cm coming back could do with another cm (jack/dorrans) so a decent rm\w is a must and caixinha has already said he wants garner and again hopefully with better service and structure he could start putting some away

Your use of punctuation, capitalisation and grammar is horrendous for someone who is 25. What school did you attend? I'm writing them a letter  

:mutley:

The OP must have had some good gear last night if he thinks this season wasn't bad, we've played the beasts 6 times, lost 16-3 on aggregate, been humped by hearts twice, lost our 26 year old unbeaten record at Ibrox to the mutton molestors!...that and the countless other games we've scraped wins in the last minute against shitey wee no mark teams...

aye the season has been bad, really fukkin bad.

From having so much optimism last summer, then being handed as easy a start to the season as you could possibly expect, we fans were flattened by the horrendous inability of this squad to step up despite millions being spent on it. The management then had an inability to tweak tactics or formation to change the spiralling out of control season, board unwilling to change things before the transfer window opened, MW leaving, the knee jerk appointment of PC and we find ourselves 9points behind a dreadful Aberdeen team (let alone where "they" are) and face completely rebuilding a squad after 1 year in the top league. Aye, it's not all that bad. 

It's been embarrassing. As others have said, if we'd worked on a shoestring budget like Hearts last season and finished 3rd then perhaps the reality would make us accept it. We aren't any other club and everyone else in this country expects us to provide the challenge because no other club will.  Looking at where we are at the end of this season, I fear the worst for several years to come now.  Unless something significant changes, and soon, we will be looking at them disappearing over the horizon and title wins in a row being in double figures. When we dominated and approached our 9IAR, they KNEW they had to do something to stop the rot, I don't think our board have quite cottoned on to that fact yet. 

13 hours ago, GILLIES said:

I just wanted to put a post up to see if all this negativity coming through on ssb is the opinion of all the fans or are there others like me lol.

First of all it is bad to finish so far behind Celtic ,they've steam rolled this league this season and I wasn't expecting them to be as dominant as they have been but apart from Them  I remember at the end of last season a lot of rangers fans had said top 6 in our first season would be a good foundation to build on after being out of the premiership for 4 years obviously that went out the window the minute the season started.

We struggled to "gel" but we where coming good and then kranjcar got injured for the season and Barton who we all knew was gamble ,fucked it for himself. But if you look at it from a Warburton point of view that was his starting central pair to build the team around and straight away there out and we are left to fill the starting 11 with what I'd say is the squad players like the crooks, halliday ,holt, windass so that obviously fucked his plans up and we've been scrambling ever since.

Then the bread man bails mid season and we aent what 6 games without a full time manager. Then we finally get one with 10 games to go and in those 10 games he needs to figure out the players and try and do the spectacular on top of that his the team captain is injured and out for the rest of the season.People keep saying if he was a good manager he should be able to make the players hes got play better but let's not forget Brendon Rodgers had a whole pre season to get a team Together caixinha had a week to try and put a team out with squad filler players and the youth team (due to injuries)in my opinion these games mean nothing to Pedro I thinks he's trying to find the players he can work with next season because we can't buy a full team  so he's trying different things to test them and despite all of that we still finished 3rd  (and apart from pride the difference between 2nd and 3rd is minimal) and are in Europe. 

There is people saying get him out the door don't give him the money but fact is he was brought in ,in a small part because he knows players from around the world to try and find gems from the americas and europe and stop us signing league 1 players or retiring EPL player,I think he needs time and patience he's not been left with much but with kranjcar ,rossiter and Wallace back with foderingham in goals I'm buzzing to see who he does bring in and how next season will go.

Anybody agree or am I on my own here :(

Well said, but if he tries to build his team around kranjcar/Rossiter we will be fucked again. So hopefully he has other plans for our midfield. looking forward to seeing his signings and hopefully an introduction of passion back into the team. 

Never read your post, but aye it's been nothing short of disgraceful.  Pumped 5-1 twice of the bheggers, failed to record a single win in six games against the bheggers, nearly 40 points behind the bheggers, finished third in what should be a two horse race, lost a 26 year old record against the sheep shaggers.  Etc etc  

a fucking disgrace.

I'm not sure this is the place for reasoned discussion OP.

However, I can't help it. This season has been a mixed bag of so-so and down-right diabolical. There were a number of reasons for that.

1. We beat a poor celtic team on penalities which gave a false sense of accomplishment.

2. we beat a bunch of part-timers which convinced warburton there wasn't much of a step up. He totally misunderstood the level of consistency needed.

3. celtic got a decent manager, a big lift and some new players. They've had an extraordinary season which accounts for the number of points they are ahead of Aberdeen this season, not just us.

4. Summer recruitment was a mixture of terrible and unlucky.

5. The players (most of them) have no idea how to play in tough pressure matches and think their life should be one long holiday.

6. 3rd was always a reasonable ambition given the consistency of the top two over the last few years.

7. The big losses to were a result of the team chucking it.

8. We got to the semi-final of the cup and qualified for Europe.

9. We have a new manager who believes in Rangers and our history. he seen who will fight to the end and those are the players he will play and those he will recruit.

10. We dodged recruiting Cathro as our new manager.

The two 5-1s hurt like a perforated ulcer and I expect Caixhina and the Rangers team to heal it and inflict worse damage on our rivals next season 

15 hours ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I agree with everything, except the bold it. Fuck them! Why congratulate teams that hate us and proved they would stab us in the back the first chance they get? 

Teams plural. Don't have to like these other teams, you can even hate them, but sportsmanship in the grown up world means shaking hands and moving on. Without opposition there wouldn't be a game or levels of challenge  (just watch Celtic bomb in Europe again to prove my point). We'd look pretty daft with only 11 men on a field running up and down, even then this Rangers team could f*k it up. Its easier to move on and face the challenge if you can take it on the chin.

You are correct in that a lot of people did say top six finish preferably top three would be acceptable. Then the season started and it was catchup from day 1.  Most would probably accept 3Rd with say a 12 / 15 points deficit (which feels wrong to say that) but a thirty points plus is the hardest part to take. Warburtons experiment of young hungry players from the English lower leagues and then expect them to compete at the top level in Scotland shows that he under estimated the competition. Granted Kranjkar was unfortunate and Joey Barton..  Well least said the better on that one. Glad this season is over.

This season has been horrendous but it could have been worse. MW's signings have shown up to be very poor and mostly Championship standard not Rangers standard. Pedro has came in and experimented to see who has any qualities that he can work with and it is apparent very few have the fight and skill needed. This has cost us in septic beating us badly, but this where Pedro really starts to earn his corn and ships out those who can't and brings in those who can. If he can do this quickly, then I would be a happy man but we will have some who will not move because of the money they are on and he needs to do something with them. I don't expect to win the league next year but I hope we do. It is now down to Pedro and the cash he is given, interesting times ahead for Rangers, a revolution as we take the tims on or major car crash? We will soon find out. Hang on to you'r hats and drawers as our roller coaster of next season is about to get started early. 

4 hours ago, saintbob1969 said:

Teams plural. Don't have to like these other teams, you can even hate them, but sportsmanship in the grown up world means shaking hands and moving on. Without opposition there wouldn't be a game or levels of challenge  (just watch Celtic bomb in Europe again to prove my point). We'd look pretty daft with only 11 men on a field running up and down, even then this Rangers team could f*k it up. Its easier to move on and face the challenge if you can take it on the chin.

Sportsmanship in the grown up world? :lol:

Yes, scottish football was very grown up and sportsmanlike when they thought 'Rangers are in trouble, lets all gang up on them and try to get rid of them, by finding them guilty, before they get found innocent'.

Shaking hands, moving on and taking it on the chin? FUCK THAT AND FUCK THEM!

Finishing behind Aberdeen, letting them win at Ibrox and not making any finals, it's a disastrous season from a Rangers POV.

Circumstances weren't perfect but we went down without a fight in some games, it was painful to watch, getting beat 5-1 twice off those tarrier bastards and getting pumped 4-1 off a terrible Hearts team, unforgivable. 

Also, the board unwilling to dig deep and bring in a top manager is a major let-down, Pedro is going to get his own players and we'll see how it goes but it's hard to feel positive about him just now. 

The season has been a shambles and I can't wait until that final whistle goes tomorrow and we can put it behind us, finally. 

17 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Sportsmanship in the grown up world? :lol:

Yes, scottish football was very grown up and sportsmanlike when they thought 'Rangers are in trouble, lets all gang up on them and try to get rid of them, by finding them guilty, before they get found innocent'.

Shaking hands, moving on and taking it on the chin? FUCK THAT AND FUCK THEM!

Every successful club with a history like ours will have enemies. In Spain how many want to see Real Madrid fail? How many people hate Man U? Seriously if you are not hated you are not feared. Nobody hates Partick Thistle because, well, they are meaningless. Waste too much time hating Celtic and Hearts and Aberdeen then you are giving them way too much oxygen, and way too much of your attention. Pedro may well be right about one thing, Aberdeen have most likely seen their best, things change and nothing of value is ever easy.

3 hours ago, saintbob1969 said:

Every successful club with a history like ours will have enemies. In Spain how many want to see Real Madrid fail? How many people hate Man U? Seriously if you are not hated you are not feared. Nobody hates Partick Thistle because, well, they are meaningless. Waste too much time hating Celtic and Hearts and Aberdeen then you are giving them way too much oxygen, and way too much of your attention. Pedro may well be right about one thing, Aberdeen have most likely seen their best, things change and nothing of value is ever easy.

Wanting to see a successful club fail and wanting to kill them by stabbing them in the back (at their own cost) is 2 different kettles of fish. Scottish football is unique and the hatred goes beyond any of the examples you mentioned. That is how it has always been and that is why scottish football will always be pish. The little people will always be happy to cut off their noses to spite their faces. It's great for us or scottish football, but for them, it must in some perverse way make them feel hard or something. I suppose they are looking for pity rather than success.

On the contrary, I don't think I've quite come to terms with how bad it's actually been.

When you take into consideration that clubs like Leicester, Atlètico and Monaco - not considered their nation's powerhouses, some much less than others - have been able to ease their way towards league success against the odds through consistency, it begs the question; how on fucking earth are we almost 40 points behind them?

It's fucking pathetic. An utter humiliation and an embarrassment. I'm fucking ashamed by what our club has put us through this season.

I can't even be fucked going today, to be honest. It'll be shite on the park and the atmosphere will peak when Joe Garner tries to fight someone for nothing. I wonder if the St Johnstone fans will sing his song...

I hope Pedro, as is suggested, makes wholesale changes this summer. Heads must roll for this season.