Alnwick

jbm26896

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any reason why he shouldn't challenge for number 1 spot next season. Wes doesn't fill me with confidence, decent shot stopper but his all round quality isn't great. Distribution and command of his box in particular let him down. Often absolutely rooted to his line. 

Started nervously I thought and flapped with one.  Then settled down and had a few decent saves, one which prevented an equaliser which will be the one he will remember.  Also we had a very young back line in front of him -  who all in all played well.  Good debut.

Our keepers are OK and nothing more than that. Probably the weakest number one and two I can remember whilst watching Rangers. There were times with Goram/Klos etc that you felt that even if we had just sat down and let celtic shoot they would still save everything. Watching the looks of disbelief on their faces was almost as good as watching us score. You just don't have that assurance with our current keepers, not helped by bombscare defending. 

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

Our keepers are OK and nothing more than that. Probably the weakest number one and two I can remember whilst watching Rangers. There were times with Goram/Klos etc that you felt that even if we had just sat down and let celtic shoot they would still save everything. Watching the looks of disbelief on their faces was almost as good as watching us score. You just don't have that assurance with our current keepers, not helped by bombscare defending. 

On a side note Goram turned up for a doo last night and offered the wifes cousin back for a ride :huh:

25 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Personally think fod is very overrated on here by a lot of people, Alnwick deserves a shot at the number 1 jersey but neither are of the quality that will be needed in the future. 

Agree with your opinion of Fod but unless you've seen Alnwick playing before he came here I think it's a bit harsh to pass judgement on him after 1 game.

Although it doesn't say much for him that it's took until the last game of the for him to be given a shot.

Wouldn't mind seeing more rotation of the keepers, or even a leagues/cups keeper rotation like we had with shagger and Alexander. Alnwick is a good keeper and deserves more minutes, I just think he hasn't come in with much chance as fod hasn't been injured and for the most part has been decent this season, influential in some games so it's hard to drop him because of that. But with a new season and new cup competitions id like to see alnwick getting a few games 

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Wanted him to be given a chance for a long time now. Don't rate Foderingham at all and hope he moves on with his mates in the summer.

You'll be disappointed , Fod will not be going anywhere and is the least of our problems at the moment.

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Personally think fod is very overrated on here by a lot of people, Alnwick deserves a shot at the number 1 jersey but neither are of the quality that will be needed in the future. 

If Pedro genuinely thought Alnwick could be the number 1, he'd probably have given him more than one game at the end of the season.

We've not had someone between the sticks that you felt totally confident in since McGregor fucked off and left us.  Speaking of McGregor where the fuck is he now? Since some seem to be welcoming other snakes with open arms back why not get the other snake back aswell. 

12 minutes ago, GOAT said:

We've not had someone between the sticks that you felt totally confident in since McGregor fucked off and left us.  Speaking of McGregor where the fuck is he now? Since some seem to be welcoming other snakes with open arms back why not get the other snake back aswell. 

Hull, was on loan at Cardiff.

34 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

You'll be disappointed , Fod will not be going anywhere and is the least of our problems at the moment.

I don't care where he ranks in our list of problems tbh the fact is he's still a problem that needs dealt with and for the record that argument is amongst the most retarded things I read on this forum.