Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Cunts arent going to spend fortunes advertising at the 3rd best team in Scotland though no matter how big we are, exposure is everything and winning trophies/champions league participation is the big thing 

If you have the possibility of putting your brand in from of 50k (or more) folk every other week ... of course they will

42 minutes ago, Ace said:

If you have the possibility of putting your brand in from of 50k (or more) folk every other week ... of course they will

Clearly not given the lack of multi million pound sponsorship offers since we went into the bottom league, 50k fans is fuck all, tv exposure to millions world wide is everything, 

9 hours ago, HG5 said:

Correct.

Old world thinking maybe, but this is the same sort of smoke & mirrors distraction as the 'director of football'.

Time to launch this was on the back of a successful (ish) promotion season, not when we've finished a distant third, are clearing out half (or more) of a team & haven't a clue who, if anybody, will be wearing the colours next season.

I agree.    I'm of an age whose experience is rooted in old world thinking, and I make no apology for it because it served me very well over the years.   I do accept that things change though so will wait and see if this venture is a success.   Let's hope that whoever is signed for the coming season, and the skills and leadership of the Manager, combine to put out a proper Rangers title-challenging side.  Then the stats wizards can play to their hearts content with the numbers and graphs.   I'm an analogue man in a digital age.......but some things never change one of which is first things first, and that means a recognisably proper Rangers side competing next season.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

I agree.    I'm of an age whose experience is rooted in old world thinking, and I make no apology for it because it served me very well over the years.   I do accept that things change though so will wait and see if this venture is a success.   Let's hope that whoever is signed for the coming season, and the skills and leadership of the Manager, combine to put out a proper Rangers title-challenging side.  Then the stats wizards can play to their hearts content with the numbers and graphs.   I'm an analogue man in a digital age.......but some things never change one of which is first things first, and that means a recognisably proper Rangers side competing next season.

Spot on?

Think this is excellent. A positive move. Will generate a good bit of revenue from us i suspect if they manage it correctly. I think getting stats up etc is good for conversation at half time etc . We need these kind of plans being executed to assist the team and the club.

A good step forward , something has to change and this has to be step in the right direction .

I think however the Rangers brand has taken a severe beating over the last few years . The board will maybe be wishing they and their predecessors defended the club and it's fans with extreme vigor .

Being associated with Rangers is unfortunately not what it used to be  .

19 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

In my view the only thing people really remember and really care about is who won.  Nobody remembers the second places or the also rans.  And nobody gives a fuck about the stats they generated but which still did not lead to winning success.   Such stats are cold comfort distractions.   Winning is the only thing that matters.  History gets to be written by the winners and that's all that matters when it comes to stats and graphs.

And if they didn't win who gives a fuck about how fast they ran, how much distance they covered, how many completed passes they made, how many attempts on goal in each half, how many saves, and so on.....all nicely packaged in a digital display and with el wizzo graphics to go with it.  A sort of digital fireworks display......except that if its not accompanied by winning a game or winning the league or winning a cup then actually, who really gives a fuck?

Its the sort of distracting thing you do when you're not winning enough or not winning leagues.  That's maybe why Watford and Crystal Palace like it.  They have no realistic chance of winning the EPL and their goal season after season is survival in the EPL.   We are Rangers.  Winning titles is what we are about.  Winning football games and winning enough of them to win titles is the matchday experience that no amount of digital powerpoint-type charts and graphs will ever be a substitute for.    

I hope this malarkey is affordable  Added to the expense just announced this week for more staff at Auchenhowie I hope all this investment in staff overhead and in gizmo technology is really worth it.    It would be carts before horses if this spending is not followed by players arriving this summer who are patently better quality players than those we saw last season then I'd question the wisdom of the spending priorities.   Let's see what new players arrive and whether they are definitely better quality because if they are not then the el gizmo digital stats thingy is likely to be throwing up numbers and graphs next season that may not make for good reading .....never mind not making a good match day experience. 

Oh and 'Executive Club'.  What a crap name for something relating to football.  Having an exclusive product or service offering or even an el wizzo digital thingy does not mean its for 'executives'. Or does it?  Is that the aim for the Club.....to turn support into some sort of executive privilege?    Seems to me not enough execs at the Club have stood long enough in the old fashioned terraces or sat with the wider Support.     Cosseted they are.  Cosseted.  And it shows in picking names like 'Executive Club' for a product offering.  

In case its not obvious enough.  I'm not impressed.   I'll be more impressed if the players we sign are obviously of a much better quality than those we've seen this season in which case this Executive Club thing can be relegated in my mind to a sidebar distraction while the real action and really meaningful nformation takes place by winning on the pitch.

Seriously some of our fans are a nightmare...whinge like fuck about lack of commercial awareness....the club does something positive and we whinge like fuck....basically what you are saying is 'don't care about any progressiveness...we can only move forward linearly and not look at 1st team players and commercial ideas at the same time......perish the thought we could do both at the same time.... ffs

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Clearly not given the lack of multi million pound sponsorship offers since we went into the bottom league, 50k fans is fuck all, tv exposure to millions world wide is everything, 

And they haven't tried anything like this since we got sent down to Div3.

What are they supposed to do, stop all commercial activity because the teams shite?

1 hour ago, Ace said:

And they haven't tried anything like this since we got sent down to Div3.

What are they supposed to do, stop all commercial activity because the teams shite?

obviously not, but given how long things take to progress with on field matters (DoF imminent) it would be more heartening to think that the club is fully focused and all priorities are on the team and squad before we spend time and money on stuff like this

getting pumped 5-1 at home off the tarriers isnt any easier sitting in a comfy seat or room instead of a normal seat in the stands

We are in a third world of football here and they come up with this brainstormer, in fact we are in the third world never mind football! ??? IT would be a big thing if we could get basic wifi to work and connection, anyway as they say onwards and upwards, fuck me!

image.thumb.jpeg.342b5056be05d60df98bfcfe6dec9cc3.jpeg

image.gif.617b4bc1b3922b52df722c3ba8fab0fc.gif

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

obviously not, but given how long things take to progress with on field matters (DoF imminent) it would be more heartening to think that the club is fully focused and all priorities are on the team and squad before we spend time and money on stuff like this

getting pumped 5-1 at home off the tarriers isnt any easier sitting in a comfy seat or room instead of a normal seat in the stands

They can do both you know ... managers takes care if the team, commercial dept (completely devoid from team operations) takes care of stuff like this.

I don't see the problem 

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Extremely small minded. 

Aye.

I usually arrive 15 mins before kick off, buy a bovril, take my seat and remain there until the final whistle, then leave. If we've played good football, scored goals and won the game then I'm happy. What other 'experience' am I missing out on that will improve my 120 minutes inside Ibrox?

8 minutes ago, FSM said:

Aye.

I usually arrive 15 mins before kick off, buy a bovril, take my seat and remain there until the final whistle, then leave. If we've played good football, scored goals and won the game then I'm happy. What other 'experience' am I missing out on that will improve my 120 minutes inside Ibrox?

I love my pre game rituals, always walk round to the ground for 2.15ish, get a programme, go for a pee, put a bet on then into my seat.

Then the usual, old guy comes in who sits next to me, talks to me about his work then he tells me that if we score one he fancies us for 4 or 5. He says this every game. ???

I've had a change of heart.

If it's going to provide a load of statistics, it'll provide bags of ammunition to shoot down those who think Windass/Garner/fill your own choice in here are players!

We could introduce a rule - you don't get a song if your stats aren't up to scratch!

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I've had a change of heart.

If it's going to provide a load of statistics, it'll provide bags of ammunition to shoot down those who think Windass/Garner/fill your own choice in here are players!

We could introduce a rule - you don't get a song if your stats aren't up to scratch!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That gets my vote mate ..... on the condition they also don't get paid if their stats don't tally up .... :p:

:UK: