Prosecution rests in Craig Whyte fraud trial

Bad Robot

1 hour ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

He may give evidence if we get to a defence case

If ? Do you think there are strong enough submissions to be made on his behalf that would preclude the necessity of hearing defence evidence? I'm aware he can't be compelled to give evidence on his own behalf.

Think most are missing the point here, possibly not a case of 'hope the bastard gets done' 'he better not get away with it' but if he is found not guilty we need to divert our attention to who is really responsible. From all the information I've seen so far that is pretty clear.

I believe Whyte was nothing but a scape goat he's no great con artist! Just an idiot and a chancer and I would rather we went after the parties who lead him along. 

36 minutes ago, Davhow said:

Think most are missing the point here, possibly not a case of 'hope the bastard gets done' 'he better not get away with it' but if he is found not guilty we need to divert our attention to who is really responsible. From all the information I've seen so far that is pretty clear.

I believe Whyte was nothing but a scape goat he's no great con artist! Just an idiot and a chancer and I would rather we went after the parties who lead him along. 

David Murray was desperate to sell us for 4/5 years before he did .It would not be without the realms of possibility .

That he was a patsy used, knowing he would be protected further down the line .By somebody that truly wanted to hurt our institution ..Someone with incredible power to conceive a well structured  plan that involved quite a few others for it to come to fruition .

Just now, eejay the dj said:

David Murray was desperate to sell us for 4/5 years before he did .It would not be without the realms of possibility .

That he was a patsy used, knowing he would be protected further down the line .By somebody that truly wanted to hurt our institution ..Someone with incredible power to conceive a well structured  plan that involved quite a few others for it to come to fruition .

The Pope? 

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Fenian rat of a brother in law tried to noise me up about this the other night saying "craigy whytes a legend he's gonni walk"

Crossed the line, fell out with him and my sister now.

Fuckin leave a pair of burds breeks under the front seat of his motor for yer sister tae find. Then we will see who the fuckin legend is?

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Fenian rat of a brother in law tried to noise me up about this the other night saying "craigy whytes a legend he's gonni walk"

Crossed the line, fell out with him and my sister now.

Why dont you just kick his baws?

EsmlrgWNx5v0Y.gif

I think he will be found guilty but walk. The judge won't have any idea what we have been through as a support nor care.

None of the individuals innvolved in our downfall have got what they deserved and Whyte probably won't either.

Most likely get banned from being a director for a while, get a fine that he will avoid playing and a few hundred hours of community service that he will try and dodge.

Our support is mainly made up of working class people. The government, the legal profession and businessmen don't give a fuck about us. We are just there to be taken advantage of and never receive real justice.

6 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I thought I'd put this here so most Bears know a verdict is coming soon and the Mods can move to the B&F forum as they see fit.

I'm unsure how long the jury will sit but perhaps others might take a guess. 

I also presuming this case is open to an appeal is certain circumstances and again, I'm sure others such BNB will know better than me.

If this cunt gets a guilty then our association and clubs really need to have a right look at the way these bastards treated us.

The prosecution case against former Rangers owner Craig Whyte has concluded at the High Court in Glasgow.

Advocate Depute Alex Prentice QC told the jury of eight men and seven women that no further evidence would be led by the Crown.

Mr Whyte is accused of acquiring Rangers by fraud. He denies the charge and another under the Companies Act.

A total of 17 witnesses have given evidence so far - including Sir David Murray, Walter Smith and Ally McCoist.

During the conclusion of the prosecution's case, Mr Prentice made a number of changes to the charges faced by Mr Whyte, including the date of the alleged fraud.

Locations were also deleted from the charges along with a number of individuals said to have been "representatives" of Mr Whyte.

Mr Prentice concluded: "With that, I formally close the Crown case."

Jurors were then sent away for the day as legal discussions took place.

The trial, before judge Lady Stacey, continues.

Knowing Scotland, the cunt will get a get out of jail free  card and the shit will explode once again.

8 hours ago, billscott said:

i am no legal expert but from what i heard and saw in reports i think the bastard will get off  it annoys me that the juries were asked if they had any link to rangers but no one questions if they had a link to the tims you can bet your boots that any juror supporting that mob will want him found not guilty

It's not just jurors with links to the tims that concern me, it's any of them with links to hibs, hearts, Aberdeen etc etc etc and then there's the Catholic Church and the snp.

I was hoping loads of snakes involved would all get their just desserts, and there is a long list, seems Whyte is the last man standing and my gut instinct is telling me  he is going to get let off pretty lightly, our club got taken to the brink but it was no ones fault!

7 hours ago, gsa said:

You really need to deal with this brother in law. 

I've only read two of your posts mentioning him, don't know either of you, and even I'm starting to hate him!

He'll be dealt with in due course.

6 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think he will be found guilty but walk. The judge won't have any idea what we have been through as a support nor care.

None of the individuals innvolved in our downfall have got what they deserved and Whyte probably won't either.

Most likely get banned from being a director for a while, get a fine that he will avoid playing and a few hundred hours of community service that he will try and dodge.

Our support is mainly made up of working class people. The government, the legal profession and businessmen don't give a fuck about us. We are just there to be taken advantage of and never receive real justice.

But what happened to all the Masonic strength the beggars claim we have over everyone .

9 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

What does that mean?

Did the PF not call him or was that restricted due to the defence using him and are there more witnesses to appear ?

I am guessing the Defence made a no case to answer submission. If that is refused then the defence may call him to give evidence or they may not call anyone. The Burden of Proof always rests with the Crown and the Defence need not do a thing. The Crown can never call an accused but if he does give evidence they can cross examine him.

8 hours ago, reallyruff said:

If ? Do you think there are strong enough submissions to be made on his behalf that would preclude the necessity of hearing defence evidence? I'm aware he can't be compelled to give evidence on his own behalf.

I have no idea, the news reports never go into enough detail for me to judge that.