Keepers

He doesn't command his box enough, in fact doesn't come for balls which should be a keeper's all day long. 

Cost us silly goals against the taigs.

Good shot stopper, but don't know if it's a confidence thing or what, and not saying he can't get better at it, but he needs to come out and take balls like decent keepers do. 

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

He doesn't command his box enough, in fact doesn't come for balls which should be a keeper's all day long. 

Good shot stopper, but don't know if it's a confidence thing or what, and not saying he can't get better at it, but he needs to come out and take balls like decent keeper's do. 

Don't worry, it's Bruno's box now

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Good shot stopper, but don't know if it's a confidence thing or what, not saying he can't get better at it, but he needs to come out and take balls like decent keeper's do. 

Would you prefer Alnwick got his chance? Haven't seen enough of him but he had a good keeper reputation before we signed him.

7 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I think keepers are fine for now. All available investment should go into other areas of the park.

Agree, next season will be a good time to looking into a better No.1, our defence this season alone should be stopping more opportunities than the previous clowns.

28 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Good shot stopper, but don't know if it's a confidence thing or what, and not saying he can't get better at it, but he needs to come out and take balls like decent keepers do. 

Not many keepers nowadays do that; I assume that is down to coaching keepers to stay on their line.

Klos very,very rarely came for crosses, Goram was the same, and I think Chris Woods or  Ginsberg was the last of our keepers who did that.

It's the least of our problems. 

Wes is a good keeper, ideally I would replace him for an improvement but our limited resources and scouting need focused in other areas. 

Foderingham can look panicked at times.  I think other teams can see that and are pressing him trying to force a mistake.  Other than that he's a pretty solid keeper and I'm sure he's good enough for us at the moment.

2 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Probably find that with a more commanding defence around him Wes will be more confident in coming and claiming the ball! 

I am a fan of Big Wes. He is a great shot stopper and good on one on ones. There were a few games last season he kept the scoresheet reasonable.

Yes, he may not be commanding in the box....Was Klos?

We have been spoiled for years with great keepers from Gorum to shagger so naturally our expectations are high but i do think with a good back line Wes is fine.

The manager when he came in said he was looking for a squad of I think 24 which included 3 keepers so something may happen during the transfer window but I would not have thought it was his main area of concern. It will be interesting to see what happens with Kelly and McCrorie . I would suspect both will go out on loan but I hope at as high a level as possible  

I think Wes is a good keeper who will hopefully improve with our new GK coach. Only gripe i have is that his decision making under pressure is poor and can often miss out on counter attacks. Id like to see another GK come in and challenge him but cant see it being Pedro's priority.

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

The manager when he came in said he was looking for a squad of I think 24 which included 3 keepers so something may happen during the transfer window but I would not have thought it was his main area of concern. It will be interesting to see what happens with Kelly and McCrorie . I would suspect both will go out on loan but I hope at as high a level as possible  

I'd expect one of the young lads would be number 3 for now if he has shown enough in other matches. Ideally we need to be focussing on defence, midfield and up front for now. A good chance for Alnwick and the younger lads to get better experience playing against the European teams this season.