First Two Signings Surpass all of the Magic Hats

Just to say there are more about these first two signings than in all of whatshisface's multitude of guys, "who I will coach to be superstars"

No pish about hydration, pitch geography etc etc.

The modern player should have this as second nature, not getting told it week in week out by the Boss .

The first is a Big European centre half with an air of authority, not a last minute no mark from Switzerland, which was a panic buy in the extreme.

The second the captain of a team which finished above us in the league, whatever your feelings on his signing, he's been a good player against us and the others in the league. 

He can use us to progress as a player and get better, improve our midfield and push on to a successful season. At 25 we should get the best out of him.

I just think that there is a wee bit more cache in these signings, solid pro's wi an air of authority.

What happens now with players out etc. Will be more of signal to the type of football we will play.

Onwards & Upwards.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

We're gonnae have a squad list long enough to break the internet and a wage bill to match it

That's the thing. Need to be getting rid of a few bodies. I'd image we're pretty confident of doin that. I'd hate to see us miss out on a few targets cause we can't shift dead wood and is also hate to see us end up in the shit with a huge wage bill.

2 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

That's the thing. Need to be getting rid of a few bodies. I'd image we're pretty confident of doin that. I'd hate to see us miss out on a few targets cause we can't shift dead wood and is also hate to see us end up in the shit with a huge wage bill.

This is one of the challenges Pedro faces but given the way he's gone about his business so far I have confidence. 

Folk may have their doubts about his ability as a coach, but he's certainly giving the fans plenty to smile/chat about.

1 hour ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Just to say there are more about these first two signings than in all of whatshisface's multitude of guys, "who I will coach to be superstars"

No pish about hydration, pitch geography etc etc.

The modern player should have this as second nature, not getting told it week in week out by the Boss .

The first is a Big European centre half with an air of authority, not a last minute no mark from Switzerland, which was a panic buy in the extreme.

The second the captain of a team which finished above us in the league, whatever your feelings on his signing, he's been a good player against us and the others in the league. 

He can use us to progress as a player and get better, improve our midfield and push on to a successful season. At 25 we should get the best out of him.

I just think that there is a wee bit more cache in these signings, solid pro's wi an air of authority.

What happens now with players out etc. Will be more of signal to the type of football we will play.

Onwards & Upwards.

I don't really agree with that, Joey Barton in hindsight was a disaster but he was a tremendous coup at the time, we're talking about a guy who played the majority of his football in the EPL and at 33 just came off a very successful season of one of the longest and hardest leagues around, I'm encouraged by the type of player Caixinha is going after but I can't just lie to myself about how I felt this time last year.

20 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I don't really agree with that, Joey Barton in hindsight was a disaster but he was a tremendous coup at the time, we're talking about a guy who played the majority of his football in the EPL and at 33 just came off a very successful season of one of the longest and hardest leagues around, I'm encouraged by the type of player Caixinha is going after but I can't just lie to myself about how I felt this time last year.

:tu:

Agreed mate .... every summer brings the sun .... and the rain unfortunately.

Hindsight is the only true science ..... not affected by trial and error .... fact is all that determines the outcome .... hindsight is that fact.

Warburton is no longer at our Club .... in hindsight he was not as magic as we all thought at the time he was ... but he is now gone .... fact.

Pedro is fast becoming the new favourite and his signings are .... on paper .... looking good ..... only time, aided and abetted with hindsight will prove if he along with his signings has done well.

Hindsight .... the real deal .... I wonder what next season's hindsight will reveal ..... :p:

:UK:

I agree with the sentiments and I think Alves and Jack will turnout to be good signings, but they still have to prove that on the pitch. We all thought Barton would've been a good singing last season and look what happened. I'll judge them after they've played a few games, but the signings do look promising.

2 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I agree with the sentiments and I think Alves and Jack will turnout to be good signings, but they still have to prove that on the pitch. We all thought Barton would've been a good singing last season and look what happened. I'll judge them after they've played a few games, but the signings do look promising.

I think there is not a lot of risk,  Alves has around 90 caps for a quality international side and is still involved in the  set up, and Jack knows the nuts and bolts of the SPL, they will both have a mental toughness about them so sadly lacking in last seasons team

1 hour ago, OhW said:

"who I will coach to be superstars" - Don't remember Warburton ever saying that.

No pish about hydration, pitch geography etc etc - Pedro talks his own brand of pish.

I agree though that Alves and Jack should turn out to be better signings than any of Warburton's.

Oi you, we are here to bash Warburton if you're not down pass your torch & pitchfork to someone else and get away to the off topic forum.

22 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Can't we just enjoy the signings so far instead of constantly looking back.

Pena and Dorrans next hopefully.

Don't even start mate, a thread yesterday about Jamie Walker descended into discussions of VAT accounting 101.

Thought I'd teleported to Kerryfail Street.