First Two Signings Surpass all of the Magic Hats

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see. Always difficult with a big intake of players, but there does seem to be a good balance of youth/ experience, foreign/Scottish. It seems like a considered, measured approach. Hopefully the key guys can stay injury free and im looking forward to seeing them play. 

19 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Been very quiet on here recently from certain posters that are desperate for Pedro to fail.

What ones are they? and what does that have to do with this thread?

This thread is very premature.  We won't know if they're better signings than the last lot until they prove themselves in a Rangers jersey.  Barton and Kranjcar were great signings on paper but it just didn't work out.  Templeton seemed like a great signing but that never worked out either.  Many things can happen in football and calling any transfer a success before a ball has been kicked is mental.

Our fans have a habit of getting ahead of themselves.  Some are already suggesting we'll have the best midfield in the country.  Let's see where we are at the end of the window, and more importantly, how we actually play once the season starts.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If you need an explanation for that then you're even more dense than I gave you credit for.

So you have nothing but silly abuse. Explain your point rather than this surely.:duh:

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

This thread is very premature.  We won't know if they're better signings than the last lot until they prove themselves in a Rangers jersey.  Barton and Kranjcar were great signings on paper but it just didn't work out.  Templeton seemed like a great signing but that never worked out either.  Many things can happen in football and calling any transfer a success before a ball has been kicked is mental.

Our fans have a habit of getting ahead of themselves.  Some are already suggesting we'll have the best midfield in the country.  Let's see where we are at the end of the window, and more importantly, how we actually play once the season starts.

Agree we have to wait and see, I think most are thinking though that they must be able to perform better than what we have.

Just now, Smile said:

said you have nothing but silly abuse. Explain your point rather than this surely.:duh:

Certain posters were very vocal on here about Pedro being hopeless. Various other insults and putdowns were used such as "Warburton with an accent" and so on.

Since his impressive start to the transfer window and addressing our problem areas fairly quickly, these posters seem to have gone quiet. I mentioned it in this thread because it's a thread highlighting how much of an improvement there has been in our transfer business since changing our manager.

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There's certainly a long way to go but our defence and midfield are already significantly stronger than last season just from the first 2 signings we've made.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Certain posters were very vocal on here about Pedro being hopeless. Various other insults and putdowns were used such as "Warburton with an accent" and so on.

Since his impressive start to the transfer window and addressing our problem areas fairly quickly, these posters seem to have gone quiet. I mentioned it in this thread because it's a thread highlighting how much of an improvement there has been in our transfer business since changing our manager.

I think you are jumping the Gun a bit, But it's Good to see we have a wee guy like you righting the wrongs on here as you see them.:sarcasm:

Just now, Smile said:

I think you are jumping the Gun a bit, But it's Good to see we have a wee guy like you righting the wrongs on here as you see them.:sarcasm:

Jumping the gun how exactly?

When things are negative they're on here slating him.

Things, at the moment, are positive and they've went quiet. I'm sure if these signings don't work out they'll be logging straight back on to tell us Pedro us a dumpling again.

At this point I'd like to express my lack of surprise that despite me giving the explanation you asked for, you've still been unable to process it.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Jumping the gun how exactly?

When things are negative they're on here slating him.

Things, at the moment, are positive and they've went quiet. I'm sure if these signings don't work out they'll be logging straight back on to tell us Pedro us a dumpling again.

At this point I'd like to express my lack of surprise that despite me giving the explanation you asked for, you've still been unable to process it.

You seem more invested in this thread than me, so will leave it there.

Unlike PLG, Pedro has done his research on the league. He seems like he is addressing our weak areas and is signing a blend of Scottish and International players. 

I like the way Pedro comes across in interviews and I'm willing him to succeed here.

So far, so good. But we all said that 12 months ago. 

Just now, Smile said:

You seem more invested in this thread than me, so will leave it there.

Not at all. I read the thread and made an observation. I never expected to be asked for an explanation as I thought it was pretty obvious what I was meaning.

I agree with your previous post that everyone surely wants him and his signings to excel. Some are probably just a bit more reluctant to express that after the abuse they've given him recently.

Pedro seems to have looked at our weak areas and identified targets. The window isnt even open and we are already progressing.

Warburton held some buttercups under peoples chins. If it said they liked butter, then they were signed.

Reading what Kevin Thomson said about him after they met and he seems very positive about what he wants to do with us and also Ryan Jack signed on his word that plenty of quality would be arriving so without being too enthusiastic alls good in the hood, so far.

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

There is nothing to suggest they're better signings than Warburton.  Some folk were spunking their drawers over Ally and Warburtons signings. 

Out support have short fuckin memories. Why do folk insist on jumping the gun with every new manager?

He has my support but let's very realistic here,  his signings give me hope but I won't be shouting from the rafters till he's proven himself or failed to do so

Are you sober ?

1 minute ago, M0NTY said:

Find it highly entertaining to watch the reality unfold for teams like the shaggers that were back and taking a player of theirs. Relegated back to to where they should be in the spl table, behind us for the foreseeable future ?

Hopefully there all behind us that needs to be the target.

16 minutes ago, Pedro73 said:

Hopefully there all behind us that needs to be the target.

Of course mate, its just good too see the shaggers back in their place. We were away for a good few years and it got too their heads, their fans mouths got too big. 

Ya got no fans coz yourr shit

35 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Of course mate, its just good too see the shaggers back in their place. We were away for a good few years and it got too their heads, their fans mouths got too big. 

Ya got no fans coz yourr shit

Yeah there beyond shit. Rangers are going back to the top I've  just got that feeling ???