Travel club emails out

Escobar

1 minute ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

So the loyal guys miss out through no fault of their own? That wouldn't be fair either. 

Everyone has to start somewhere, if you are on 0 points then apply for first couple of rounds and by the 3rd round and bigger teams and stadiums people should be ok and get a ticket.

I'm on 3 points but Ill be struggling if we draw a team with a 3000 capacity ground, just the way it goes, guys with 5 and 6 points should rightly be at the front on the queue for tickets.

I'm on full points mate. But guys will really really struggle to get tickets. In fact a lot will have spent twenty quid for nothing really unless we get a side from Spain or something.

I'd have been happy to have a free for all.

I know it's not for all but I find it shit for the new starts. Plus what about the guys who were on travel club Max points and don't have a season book? They're fucked. It wasn't a prerequisite back in the day to be a ST holder to join the TC. So the club have moved the goalposts already and some guys will miss out despite having Max or near Max points 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GovanFrontSince96 said:

So the loyal guys miss out through no fault of their own? That wouldn't be fair either. 

Everyone has to start somewhere, if you are on 0 points then apply for first couple of rounds and by the 3rd round and bigger teams and stadiums people should be ok and get a ticket.

I'm on 3 points but Ill be struggling if we draw a team with a 3000 capacity ground, just the way it goes, guys with 5 and 6 points should rightly be at the front on the queue for tickets.

But who determines "loyal"?

See I think I'm loyal , The next guy probably thinks he should be quoted

The whole process should be reset IMO .

The guys that go all the time ,On 6 pts as you say  will surely get more than their fair share through the next few seasons and beyond .

Like I said . It's been over 6 years now since our last tie versus Maribor

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm on full points mate. But guys will really really struggle to get tickets. In fact a lot will have spent twenty quid for nothing really unless we get a side from Spain or something.

I'd have been happy to have a free for all.

I know it's not for all but I find it shit for the new starts. Plus what about the guys who were on travel club Max points and don't have a season book? They're fucked. It wasn't a prerequisite back in the day to be a ST holder to join the TC. So the club have moved the goalposts already and some guys will miss out despite having Max or near Max points 

Very empathetic of you  tonight 52.:tu:

Someone hit you over the head in the last few days :p:

I think taking points off non ST Travel Club members is harsh and the numbers of these guys is probably higher than most think.

I still think it's the right decision personally as a free for all ballot for the first game could see guys with their first ST getting a ticket ahead of guys who have been watching Gers abroad for years.

I think everyone has a right to watch Rangers abroad whether you are new to going to games or have been to 1000, but  everyone had to start on 0 at one point and catch up on others. 

Once the previous seasons start to drop off it's easier to catch up with guys on full points so they won't always be in front.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Very empathetic of you  tonight 52.:tu:

Someone hit you over the head in the last few days :p:

Believe it or not mate some things I do believe could be done better. Most things I take the piss with but listening to a lot of the boys who've joined for the first time and the excitement they've got yet the chances of a ticket if all the old TC boys have joined are very slim I actually feel for them 

11 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

It's an argument that has no easy answer but I takes all your points on board .

You won't get me questioning bears that give up their hard earned to watch our club in Europe . They will surely think the same as yourself .

Believe it or not mate some things I do believe could be done better. Most things I take the piss with but listening to a lot of the boys who've joined for the first time and the excitement they've got yet the chances of a ticket if all the old TC boys have joined are very slim I actually feel for them 

I'm in tears here mate :bow: Good on you .

1 minute ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

I think taking points off non ST Travel Club members is harsh and the numbers of these guys is probably higher than most think.

I still think it's the right decision personally as a free for all ballot for the first game could see guys with their first ST getting a ticket ahead of guys who have been watching Gers abroad for years.

I think everyone has a right to watch Rangers abroad whether you are new to going to games or have been to 1000, but  everyone had to start on 0 at one point and catch up on others. 

Once the previous seasons start to drop off it's easier to catch up with guys on full points so they won't always be in front.

There's no good way to do it TBH. But a lot of the newbies will have been as well throwing twenty quid away in the street. Unless we get a cracking couple of draws they'll struggle for this season. The full point members will still be on full points and the newbies will still be trying to get their first point.

It could technically be new guys spend 60 quid over three years yet dont attend a match 

It's tough though and no real good way to do it 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

It's an argument that has no easy answer but I takes all your points on board .

You won't get me questioning bears that give up their hard earned to watch our club in Europe . They will surely think the same as yourself .

I'm sure we will get through to the bigger grounds and we won't need to talk about ticket allocations. 

San Siro in round 3!!

2 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

I'm sure we will get through to the bigger grounds and we won't need to talk about ticket allocations. 

San Siro in round 3!!

Yes mate . Now you are talking . Bring it on . Maybe even a trip to Portugal . Now that would be something else

There's no good way to do it TBH. But a lot of the newbies will have been as well throwing twenty quid away in the street. Unless we get a cracking couple of draws they'll struggle for this season. The full point members will still be on full points and the newbies will still be trying to get their first point.

It could technically be new guys spend 60 quid over three years yet dont attend a match 

It's tough though and no real good way to do it 

If they apply they will get points though even if they don't get one. 

5 points will drop off next season from 2010/11 and I'll lose 3 

So if I don't go this year newbies would be ahead of me so it is a fair system which lets you catch up on others eventually.

Just now, GovanFrontSince96 said:

If they apply they will get points though even if they don't get one. 

5 points will drop off next season from 2010/11 and I'll lose 3 

So if I don't go this year newbies would be ahead of me so it is a fair system which lets you catch up on others eventually.

Aw fuck that's right. :lol:

Mate scrub me it's been that long I forgot how it works. I'm.blaming the jetlag

Not getting a tkt doesn't stop anyone going over and buying tkts over there. Done it a good few times. Sat in away end at PSG and Barca with loads of bears. Fiorentina I bought a tkt off a home fan and sneaked in away end. 

Always a way to get in. Best bit of the trips is very rarely the actual game anyway ??

4 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Not getting a tkt doesn't stop anyone going over and buying tkts over there. Done it a good few times. Sat in away end at PSG and Barca with loads of bears. Fiorentina I bought a tkt off a home fan and sneaked in away end. 

Always a way to get in. Best bit of the trips is very rarely the actual game anyway ??

Yes part and parcel of the Euro experience too, going in the home end. 

Auxerre 2-2 was the last I spent in the home end, what a wet night that was.

27 minutes ago, burnbank bear said:

I can't even upload ma photo never minds ticket !! Do they think everyone still has the old Nokia phones to take pics 

Email them a photo and your name and Rangers number and they upload it for you. I did that and received an email back the same day saying it had been done. Adress is travelclub@rangers.co.uk

8 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

Email them a photo and your name and Rangers number and they upload it for you. I did that and received an email back the same day saying it had been done. Adress is travelclub@rangers.co.uk

Done it that way I'll see what happens... thanks