***British & Irish Lions***

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair do's in the end. Came close but NZ probably just the better team and deservedly finishing on front foot. Handling errors killed the lions momentum time after time.

Played in spirit of genuine sportsmanship by both squads.

Lions were lucky Farrell brought his top kicking game, Lions never looked like scoring a try and all they had was kicking. NZ are fucking awesome the depth they have is phenomenal.

That wee chip out to the wing the the slap down for the try had me coming in my y fronts. 

6 minutes ago, ben51 said:

So refreshing to hear Read speaking there. 'The decision isn't the reason we didn't win'. 

Not poisoned by money like footballers, they have genuine respect for each other.

He has shown sheer class and humility throughout the Series..My Dad is giving him a hard time for having all his kids with him now..Fucking moaning sour faced auld swine so he is sometimes..

1 minute ago, Jackal said:

Not a big rugby fan but that series for me was brilliant.

Why though do they not play extra time? 

Probably due to increased likelihood of severe injuries due to lack of concentration. 

29 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Lions were lucky Farrell brought his top kicking game, Lions never looked like scoring a try and all they had was kicking. NZ are fucking awesome the depth they have is phenomenal.

That wee chip out to the wing the the slap down for the try had me coming in my y fronts. 

Agree with you about his kicking, but his decision making right at the start when he floated the pass to the wing (and NZ intercepted and only didn't score due to a brilliant chase down and tackle) instead of cutting inside for a certain try. The big thing was we didn't do enough against 14 men when Kano was off. Still all things considered not a bad result, with plenty of entertainment. 

5 hours ago, Boaby Bear said:

I think we were more lucky Barretts kicking game was atrocious, this week and last. Elliot Daly hit a 55m monster. 

3 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I think we were more lucky Barretts kicking game was atrocious, this week and last. Elliot Daly hit a 55m monster. 

Yup, Barrets failings had  more impact on the results of the last two tests for sure.