Ryan Jack

"Of course it was disappointing to lose the armband," Jack told The Sun. "To be captain of Aberdeen was an honour, it was something very special, because I'd been at Pittodrie since I was eight years old. I came right through the youth teams and made it to the first team, and I captained the side.

"To have that taken away from me a week before the Cup final was heartbreaking. Derek McInnes told me he felt I wasn't in the right frame of mind because of all the stuff that was going on surrounding Rangers. He didn't think my mind was right, and that I couldn't possibly lead the team out. I obviously felt I could have.

"We spoke in the morning and again in the afternoon. We shook hands and agreed we had a Scottish Cup Final to prepare for.

"I didn't want to leave Aberdeen on bad terms and I didn't. I had to respect that decision because that's what the manager gets paid for. I did that, I respected his decision and went out and did my very best for the team, I don't think anyone can say otherwise."

McInnes has went down in my estimations on the back of his treatment of Ryan, either he felt stripping him of the captaincy was correct or he gave into fan pressure, but whatever way you look at it the boy deserved MUCH better and the sheep should be ashamed of their treatment of a lad who's served them well. 

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

"Of course it was disappointing to lose the armband," Jack told The Sun. "To be captain of Aberdeen was an honour, it was something very special, because I'd been at Pittodrie since I was eight years old. I came right through the youth teams and made it to the first team, and I captained the side.

"To have that taken away from me a week before the Cup final was heartbreaking. Derek McInnes told me he felt I wasn't in the right frame of mind because of all the stuff that was going on surrounding Rangers. He didn't think my mind was right, and that I couldn't possibly lead the team out. I obviously felt I could have.

"We spoke in the morning and again in the afternoon. We shook hands and agreed we had a Scottish Cup Final to prepare for.

"I didn't want to leave Aberdeen on bad terms and I didn't. I had to respect that decision because that's what the manager gets paid for. I did that, I respected his decision and went out and did my very best for the team, I don't think anyone can say otherwise."

McInnes has went down in my estimations on the back of his treatment of Ryan, either he felt stripping him of the captaincy was correct or he gave into fan pressure, but whatever way you look at it the boy deserved MUCH better and the sheep should be ashamed of their treatment of a lad who's served them well. 

A bit childish from McInnis, if true, to take away the captains armband just because he was leaving to join a bigger, better, more loving, world record holding, club of Rangers stature.

Hopefully he'll be able to chuck all his runners up medals away, since he'll be winning only winners medals, as per usual, at Rangers..??

Derek Mcinnes showed what a fantastic manager he is (or is that stupid bastard) by getting involved in Ryan Jacks immediate future literally hours before a major cup final.

Mcinnes lost the final and WONT be next manager of Sunderland.

In short Mcinnes is an absolute  prick.

Your captain should be committed to the club.

If you know he is leaving, better to give the captaincy to someone else who is staying.

Maybe timing could have been better.

Maybe due to the length of service the boy gave the club he should have been treated better.

Can see both sides of the argument.

Disappointing from McInnes. His own playing career would have been insignificant had he not played for us. We gave him that opportunity and he should know how special that is. To punish the lad is petty and typical of the attitude towards our great club.

If McInnes had real balls he'd have went the whole way and dropped him but that's the whole thing in a nutshell. He's one of their best players, as he showed in the cup final, and that's why they're all squealing like lost little lambs!

7 hours ago, ianferguson said:

fucking hell what a stupid post.  

Why on earth would you be in the least bit bothered what happened?? Why are you not celebrating the fact this is a massive GIRFUY to a wee wanky club? With a wee wanky manager?

6 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

McInnes done it to appease the raging, jealous, pathetic sheep support.

They're all a shower of bitter wankers. Some are still living in the 80's and think they are and will continue to be a long term rival with the old firm.  

8 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

My Mrs is pals with him and his family ( she comes from Aberdeen) and some of the post to his FB page from his pals are unreal. Mcinnes has made a cunt of it for himself and won't be Aberdeen manger for much longer 

Nobody has posted anything too bad on his page. And he won't be worried about returning to Aberdeen, he's from the roughest part of Aberdeen and most of the people there are utter fannies. All their fans will disappear now they have lost all their best players and are about to resume being absolute shite anyway ?