Offloading the deadwood

Will this be harder than it should be?

I'm not sure what would be more difficult: finding a buyer for our unwanted players or them being willing to take a potential pay cut.

Hopefully that department will go as smoothly as Pedro's recruitment is currently going though.

I dare say that some of the better of the poor performers will go with some difficulty, but will go. Players such as Martyn Waghorn and maybe Jason Holt for example. But I'm afraid we will probably be stuck with Rob Kiernan, Harry Forrester and probably Andy Halliday unless we are willing to terminate contracts. Which is money we probably don't have.

2 minutes ago, ZeeFour said:

I dare say that some of the better of the poor performers will go with some difficulty, but will go. Players such as Martyn Waghorn and maybe Jason Holt for example. But I'm afraid we will probably be stuck with Rob Kiernan, Harry Forrester and probably Andy Halliday unless we are willing to terminate contracts. Which is money we probably don't have.

I'd keep Halliday to help with the Ibrox tour.

I don't know about it being harder than it should be, getting rid of the deadwood was always going to be the hardest task the club faced this Summer, I facepalm whenever I see folk talking about getting rid of them as if it's a foregone conclusion, some of them are on the beat money of their loves and the beat deal they'll likely ever get while ALL of them are at the biggest club they'll ever play for.

expecting them to go to a diddy club and play in front of 4/5/6/7/8/9k crowds and take a massive wage hit for doing so is utterly unrealistic, I'm hoping that the standard of player Caixinha brings in will raise the standards of those already there, at best i can see the club loaning out a few players next year just to get a fraction of their wage off the wage bill

Young guys want to play football and prove themselves and if they're told they won't be in the first team squad money will likely become not so important. I hope so anyway. They'd still earn decent money compared to the rest of us. 

There's plenty money in England. They all came from down there, so there's no reason why they wouldn't be wanted. Most of them will do a job in leauge 1 for similar money.

It's just they can't handle the pressure of winning every game. 

Personally, I'd sell most of the boys who came from England, or try to. You'd think you'd get offers for guys like Forrester and Windass, even Waghorn who are still at a decent age. Tav will certainly get offers imo, but he's probably worth keeping. Fuck knows about Garner.

9 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'd get them pished, or slip something into their drink. Get a compromising photo of them doing something wrong. Then blackmail them to leave the club with their reputation, off the field, intact. They can take the photo with them, if they so choose.?

Rigged drugs tests for the lot. Off you fuck lads.

9 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'd get them pished, or slip something into their drink. Get a compromising photo of them doing something wrong. Then blackmail them to leave the club with their reputation, off the field, intact. They can take the photo with them, if they so choose.?

Good of you to offer to take one for the team :bow: