Braehead Clan ice hockey

Anybody on here goes or been to see the braehead clan (glasgows ice hockey team) ? I'm heading into my 4th season going after stumbling across them one night while in braehead shopping centre , excellent night out , get a beer while watching the game to , usually get crowds of 3 and a half thousand and face off usually 7pm sat nights so I head straight from ibrox if both gers and clan at home , thoroughly recommend it if you have never been 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Big ice hockey fan here. I've been going on and off, since the first season.

It's good sitting with a pint and watching the game, which usually involves a fight or two.

PURPLE ARMY!

Class night out mate , fuck knows what icing is but good fun haha 

Been once with ma pal who has a season ticket. Bit cringed but a feel good day out. I do like how much his boy gets to interact with the team and that big horned mascot thing, the wee man loves it all 

Ma pals heavy bought into it too, think he was down in Nottingham the other month to watch a game. Think he may have bought tickets in anticipation BC where going to get to whatever match it was, but ended up just going down to see the other teams it ended up being.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Class night out mate , fuck knows what icing is but good fun haha 

Our lad ,is a season ticket holder at Belfast Giants,they pull in crowds of up to 8000,he travels to about 5 or 6 games away each season,loves it. He has been across to Braehead a few times but states best away fixtures are Cardiff and Nottingham

img_2147.jpg

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Been once with ma pal who has a season ticket. Bit cringed but a feel good day out. I do like how much his boy gets to interact with the team and that big horned mascot thing, the wee man loves it all 

Ma pals heavy bought into it too, think he was down in Nottingham the other month to watch a game. Think he may have bought tickets in anticipation BC where going to get to whatever match it was, but ended up just going down to see the other teams it ended up being.

that was the play offs..they are held in Nottingham every year

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

I did the same mate haha ended up watching us pump the sheep in the pub down in Nottingham, big horned mascot things called clangus haha , agree the songs etc bit cringey but the night in general top notch ????

10 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Our lad ,is a season ticket holder at Belfast Giants,they pull in crowds of up to 8000,he travels to about 5 or 6 games away each season,loves it. He has been across to Braehead a few times but states best away fixtures are Cardiff and Nottingham

img_2147.jpg

Class mate ????, It's getting more popular all the time , wouldn't mind a trip to Giants away game  but my Saturday  night in Belfast is always spent in benidicts haha , I dinny like the hockey  that much to ditch benidicts ?????

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

The only drawback is it seems the rival fans get along with each other:lol:

Haha aye mate it's all very sporting and yer no allowed to swear either , hard making the transition from ibrox in the afternoon to the hockey at night haha 

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Haha aye mate it's all very sporting and yer no allowed to swear either , hard making the transition from ibrox in the afternoon to the hockey at night haha 

When the lad goes over he stays in the homes of Cardiff fans...

It's a bit poofy (not in the same raging homo league as wrestling though), but oddly one of those things I keep saying I'll go to watch just to see what it's like. A bit like I keep saying I'll go to see the Glasgow Warriors at some point, considering I live a few mins from the stadium. Been saying that for years mind you.

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

It's a bit poofy (not in the same raging homo league as wrestling though), but oddly one of those things I keep saying I'll go to watch just to see what it's like. A bit like I keep saying I'll go to see the Glasgow Warriors at some point, considering I live a few mins from the stadium. Been saying that for years mind you.

You'd enjoy it mate , not heard anyone that hasn't , never get to the heights of football but good for something to do some Saturday nights 

1 hour ago, FSM said:

I'd rather be a paedo than be you.....

Worked in Bracknell for a week and took in a game with a colleague who loved hockey. Think it was the Ayr team they were playing, was in the nineties

Was an ok night but game was pretty tame. Never been again and doubt would go to  Braehead even though it is 2 mins along the road.

• 2 months later...