Much improved recruitment media leaks

Having just read about the boy from helsinki who apparently we have already agreed a fee for - has anyone else been impressed by the way we've gone about our business in this window?

The last few seasons, we've been linked to players in the press weeks before there seems to be any progress on a deal, and then missing out on targets publicly for everyone to get their jibes in...

Feels like there's good stuff happening behind the scenes at the moment, on the playing side at least - lets just hope that the players turn out to be better than the shite we've signed the last few years

25 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Having just read about the boy from helsinki who apparently we have already agreed a fee for - has anyone else been impressed by the way we've gone about our business in this window?

The last few seasons, we've been linked to players in the press weeks before there seems to be any progress on a deal, and then missing out on targets publicly for everyone to get their jibes in...

Feels like there's good stuff happening behind the scenes at the moment, on the playing side at least - lets just hope that the players turn out to be better than the shite we've signed the last few years

Pedro said something in one of his early interviews. Along the lines of "If we are doing a deal and I read about that deal in a newspaper, then the deal is finished". Im happy with that.

I don't know what's going on but I like it. We are not fucking about and that can only be applauded. 

Our rush will probably be because of the Europa League qualifiers but the quicker they are signed and bedded in, the better it is for us.

The silence in signing players is only a benefit to us because it stops any bidding wars.

13 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I don't know what's going on but I like it. We are not fucking about and that can only be applauded. 

Our rush will probably be because of the Europa League qualifiers but the quicker they are signed and bedded in the better it is for for us.

The silence in signing players is only a benefit to us because it stops any bidding wars.

Try telling some of the roasters on here that.

They start doing their dinger if there's no rumours in two days.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Gilligan has left. 

I thought that as well but may not be the case it just seems to tie in with him leaving, These thing always happen though as everyone will badger anyone connected with the club for Info, if i knew someone i would be asking them all the time. 

49 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

I'm well pleased with this and with the other stuff that's happening too. How it should be of course. 

33 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Pedro said something in one of his early interviews. Along the lines of "If we are doing a deal and I read about that deal in a newspaper, then the deal is finished". Im happy with that.

So we're signing Michy Batshuayi?

Yasssss

1 hour ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

EDIT:

Fuck sake poster above beat me to it should have ready the replies first?

Its getting like the old days when first you heard was on the news 

Can remember seeing on friday night wilkins had signed  and in the squad next day

Its not just the club thats needs to keep hush,these days of agents and instant communication make secrecy difficult

While I'm chuffed with the signings so far and the imminent signings of Pena and Herrera etc Ive still got this big lump of caution biting away at me stopping me from being ecstatic, the reason- I thought Warburton was the real deal only to be completely let down and gutted, I thought his signings were the real deal only to be left gutted by the utter shite they turned out to be, so cautiously optimistic that Pedro is a true professional going about his business in the way it should be done and these signings turn out to be what we need to challenge the scum and the journalist that think their clever and know what's going on have been left chasing their tails and only report deals when their at conclusion.

The quickness and earliness of the transfer business has been the most particularly impressive thing about the window. 

More impressive than the standard of player we've brought in, purely because alot are unknown quantities.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Its getting like the old days when first you heard was on the news 

Can remember seeing on friday night wilkins had signed  and in the squad next day

Its not just the club thats needs to keep hush,these days of agents and instant communication make secrecy difficult

Did we play Hearts the day he made his debut?  I'd travelled up on the nightrider train from Euston with the London branch for that match, bought a paper Saturday morning at Central Station and it was on the back page.

1 hour ago, Graham Roberts iPhone said:

Did we play Hearts the day he made his debut?  I'd travelled up on the nightrider train from Euston with the London branch for that match, bought a paper Saturday morning at Central Station and it was on the back page.

You are right I am sure it was Hearts at Ibrox and we won 3-2 . I think Wilkins said he never had seen a game of the speed before 

4 hours ago, Graham Roberts iPhone said:

Cant remember who the game was against, i was still a schoolboy at the time,but can remember (back before transfer window) that now and again souness would pull a rabbit from the hat ,i think trevor francis and andy gray were signed similarly 

I understand the sentiment of the OP, but apart from the young striker mentioned, haven't all our targets been discussed for at least a few weeks on here? Herrera, Alves, Jack, Pena, Dalcio etc were all being discussed ages before anything was agreed and before they came over.

13 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I understand the sentiment of the OP, but apart from the young striker mentioned, haven't all our targets been discussed for at least a few weeks on here? Herrera, Alves, Jack, Pena, Dalcio etc were all being discussed ages before anything was agreed and before they came over.

:lol:

Oh! yeah mate .... but it was only amongst us Rangers supporters on hear ... so kept well away from prying eyes ..... :p:

:UK:

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

We've been linked to any Portuguese/mexican players who have any association with Pedro, some of them are bound to stick!

The last few years it seemed that we were linked with players who's agents or clubs were leaking details of offers, details of contact etc all over the place and then we'd enter protracted negotiations where the scent went cold for weeks - all done through the press.

I don't believe there's any players who's details haven't become news until after we've begun negotiations, with perhaps the exception of dorrans.

Could just be that the journos here don't have the skills to get these stories at an early stage when they're outside of the UK - but to me it definitely feels like we're doing better business, quickly and quietly