windass interest from 3 clubs

Smile

JOSH WINDASS has emerged as a summer target for English trio Fleetwood, MK Dons and Peterborough.

Rangers boss Caixinha is looking to offload several players before the season starts

nintchdbpict000315410734-e1496962203543.

Former Accrington Stanley ace Windass is one, just a year into the four-year deal he signed 12 months ago.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

Uwe Rosler could make a move for the 23-year-old as he looks to add to his Fleetwood squad after they lost in the play-off semi-finals.

Robbie Neilson is also thought to be keeping tabs as he enters his first summer transfer window since taking charge at MK Dons.

Grant McCann is another believed to be considering whether to try to tempt Windass to 

nintchdbpict000287212776-e1496962232570.

Former Hearts boss Neilson is keeping tabs on the midfielder

Windass is one of several fringe men expected to exit over the close-season to make way for Caixinha’s signings.

Rob Kiernan, Joe Garner, Martyn Waghorn, Matt Crooks, Andy Halliday and Harry Forrester all face uncertain futures.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would keep.

Would also keep Forrester, our best player.

I'm not sure we'll keep either tbh, we're signing quite a lot of midfielders, and I have a feeling Pedro would prefer youth players like Barjonas as backup if needed.

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I'm not sure we'll keep either tbh, we're signing quite a lot of midfielders, and I have a feeling Pedro would prefer youth players like Barjonas as backup if needed.

I'm pretty sure ForeverAndEver made his comments in the font known as sarcasmo.

8 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

If Windass could improve his decision making, he would be good in my opinion.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm pretty sure ForeverAndEver made his comments in the font known as sarcasmo.

No, 100% serious.

Windass has potential i think but theres no time for potential in our team just now. He looked bright towards the end of the season especially against Hearts where he made some great runs supporting the attackers and got a man sent off for them but theb failed to turn up the next game. Would like to see him stay and devlop but wouldnt be too bothered to see him go either.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

If Windass could improve his decision making, he would be good in my opinion.

I get the sense that if he stayed he'd be backup to Pena, Dorrans and Jack and I just don't think he's the kind of guy that's happy to be a fringe player. 

I could be wrong tbf, he's probably picking up a decent wage here that he might not get down south so he could be content as a backup, I don't really know for certain.

Missed too many games through injury & couldn't get a run of games to get himself a permanent berth in the starting X1. 

It just didn't happen for him here at Ibrox. I'm not sure he'd get much game time next season anyway , so probably better for all concerned that he moves on.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Forrester should have been thrown under a fucking bus after that lack of a fucking pass on New Year's Eve.

Raging bender that he is

Doesn't take away from the fact though, made a cunt of a decision :lol: (Don't think I've seen it back)

Handsome bastard.

The lad shows flashes of skill and technique at times. I wish him well in his futute career, but he lacked the bottle to fill our shirt.

His efforts rarely resulted in a Rangers goal so it was a mismatch.

He lacks the grit and determination required to be a Ranger. I don't blame Dean for that, i blame MW for signing yet another player without the innate winning mentality we demand as a support.

I Hope Windass goes to a team better suited to his style of play. Scottish football is far too fast and physical for him.

Hope he dumps the camp hearband and gets a short back and sides too. :whistle:

Half a mill or bolt. If we could get around 800k-£1M for Windass and Crooks I think we would be doing fantastic and given Scunthorpe want Crooks after him impressing I think we would be right in asking for some form of transfer fee close to the 3/400k mark. I do think Caixinha likes Windass given he played him in most games since he came in.

Believe we got Crooks and Windass for under 120k so I would hope we can get 250k for them each.

Small profit wish them well and move forward 

Seems to be a decent bit of interest in both of them, we are covered in midfield so I dont see it difficult shipping these two out.

Moh and Waghorn next please