Europa league qualifiers

spireblue

Spent the day looking at our possible oponents in the draw on 19th June.

In recent years UEFA have had a rough regionalisation for the draw split into three regions North,Central and South.

There are 50 seeded teams and 50 unseeded at this 1st round stage (We are in the seeded teams at this stage).

I found there is a close split for the regions with a few that could be in North or Central, and a few in Central/ south, so nothing is really set in stone.

In my estimation there are approx ....

Seeded....................50........18 north,16 Central and 16 south.

Unseeded...............50.........20 North,19 central,11 South.

So in theory a few teams that can be classed in either/or regions it can be grouped reasonably well.

So my thoughts on our possible UNSEEDED opponents will come from the following 10 countries...

1,ICELAND,  VALUR REYKJAVIK.

1,ESTONIA, FLORA TALLINN.

2,LATVIA , FK JELGAVA,FK LEIPAJA

3,FAROE ISLAANDS ,B36 TORSHAVN, KI KLAKSVIK, NSI RUNAVIK.

3,ULSTER? COLERAINE, DERRY CITY,BALLYMENA UNITED

2,IRELAND , SHAMROCK ROVERS,CORK CITY,

1,FINLAND, SJK SEINAJOKI

3,WALES, CONNAHS QUAY, BALA TOWN, BANGOR CITY.

3,LITHUANIA ,ATLANTAS KLAIPEDA, SUDUVA MARIJAMPOLE, FK TRAKAI

1,FINLAND , VPS VAASA

THAT IS ONE FROM 20.  TWO OTHER POSSIBILITIES COULD BE FROM SAN MARINO IF THEY ARE PUT IN THE NORTHERN REGION...

2,FOLGORA FC AND TRE PENNE.

OTHER BORDERLINE POSSIBILITIES ARE FROM ANDORRA

2,SANTA JULIA AND UE SANTA COLOMA. A  POSSIBLE CURVE BALL COULD BE TEAMS FROM: 3 in LUXEMBOURG,2 in MALTA,2 in GIBRALTAR.

So there we have it ,No obviously nightmareish trips really as long as I have presumed rightly and the draw is regionalised.

Much better prospects than trips to Albania,Armenia,Georgia,Moldova,Bulgaria or any of the slavic region countries (Serbia,Montenegro,Kosovo,Bosnia,Macedonia,Slovakia

Whittles it down a little for your travel research,hope it helps.

Me ? I will follow follow wherever we may go,see you in Europe...its good to be back.

Jim ,Chesterfield.

Look out for my flag on your travels,see you there,

NORTH DERBYSHIRE LOYAL RSC ON TOUR.

Determined to get to our first European game since the shit hit the fan, two problems though, firstly might not get a ticket if we get wee shitey stadiums since the point system is there from before and secondly I'm in Spain for the second leg so need it to be the first leg for the away game.  Here's hoping.  

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

See if we get a team from Norn Ireland; would they move it to Windsor Park?

We would easily take in excess of 10,000 fans over IMO! Not to mention the bears there.

I wonder what will happen if we get shamrock rovers. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I wonder what will happen if we get shamrock rovers. 

Play it at the Aviva or whatever it's called! ?

Possibly move it to Tranmere or something like the Shelbourne game.

Just now, ally62 said:

Is that London Derry ?

Cannae believe someone bit at that. :lol: 

btw who's the team from londonderry?  I know coleraine is County Londonderry but you're still talking a good hour away from the city. 

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Play it at the Aviva or whatever it's called! ?

Possibly move it to Tranmere or something like the Shelbourne game.

Imagine the carnage, a few thousand bears in Dublin. :lol: 

20 minutes ago, GOAT said:

btw who's the team from londonderry?  I know coleraine is County Londonderry but you're still talking a good hour away from the city. 

You'll note from the ? it's a question not a statement...was looking for information......

35 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Imagine the carnage, a few thousand bears in Dublin. :lol: 

I was at a Linfield game a while back and one of their fans was saying the IRA give them a guard to the Republic when they play in the cup to make sure nothing happens to them. So we should be ok! ?

41 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Nice 1 mate, spent a lot of my youth in Chesterfield as my Gran stayed in Tupton, a great wee miners village?

I am just a mile down the road from Tupton,althoufh I was born in Drumchapel,Glasgow.

I just cannot fucking wait to get back in to European games again, I'll settle for the Europa this year but I honestly don't know how I will handle next year hearing that Champions League music back at Ibrox in a packed stadium, back where we belong 

With me not having a season ticket and them not allowing non season ticket holders membership to the TC hoping we get a decent sized ground to visit. Obviously I will have to get a ticket one way or another. Even booked a provisional 3 days off depending on the draw and my likelihood of obtaining a brief. Would be great to be there 'officially' but for whatever reason as a non season ticket holder I have no option.

Anyway looking forward to the draw.

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

Derry City are currently playing at Finn Harps over in Donegal while their ground is being redeveloped, so the trip is going to be a wee bit further. It would probably get moved for 'security' reasons.