Rangers Fans Scupper Canadian Business By Not Signing Up to Tim Cards

COFFEE chain Tim Hortons’ global loyalty scheme is on hold in Glasgow — amid fears Rangers fans might refuse to carry the trademark Tim Cards.

The Canadian company dishes out the famous prepay accounts at its 4,500 cafes worldwide, with punters encouraged to personalise their plastic with a photo.

Glasgow store on the day it launched

But it is yet to offer the scheme to customers at its only European branch.

There are concerns diehard Gers could be put off the shop by the unwitting nod toCeltic’s Tims nickname.

Last night one source said: “Punting the Tim Card here could potentially alienate half of Glasgow.

“Celtic fans would probably clamour to get one. But I can’t imagine Gers supporters being quite as keen to sign up as card-carrying Tim fans.

MORE GREAT STORIES FROM THE SUN

“Nobody is suggesting we should encourage any form of Old Firm divide.

“But realistically, it probably doesn’t make sense to promote this card in a city where there are thousands of diehard Rangers fans who could take their business elsewhere.”

We told how hundreds queued at the fast food firm’s city centre store when it opened this month.

Last night company bosses denied ditching the Tim Cards because of the footie divide.

The Tim Card for loyal customers

A spokesperson said: “Our first restaurant only just opened and at the moment, no loyalty scheme is in place.

Since we opened in Glasgow, the response from everyone has been amazing.”

gail.cameron@the-sun.co.uk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... and someone thought this is worthy of a bears den thread?

which I Have now posted in - damm!

i suppose a wee boycott is fine after all the tims have probably been boycotting the build a bear shops ! :pipe: 

utter pish! 

What an absolute piling steam of utter shite. 

How the fuck these rags are still in print is fucking beyond me. Waste of fucking good trees. 

Anyone that spends a penny on these rags is a fucking lunatic. My eyes are burning from just reading a cut and paste. 

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

How the fuck these rags are still in print is fucking beyond me. Waste of fucking good trees. 

Anyone that spends a penny on these rags is a fucking lunatic. My eyes are burning from just reading a cut and paste. 

I don't know how they can pay journalists to make up stories. A source last night....absolute cringeworthy

44 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

:lol::tu:

I was looking for any news on trouble last night in Glasgow and this popped up, couldn't even be arsed highliting it in a post. I couldn't give a fuck about some card, but I bet no Rangers Supporter has said fuck all about this and these cunts are dragging this shite out for a response and to make us look like the old bigots again, can't help themselves, should be taking more time to investigate there beloved tartan skirt wearers for making a cunt of themselves and throwing bottles, wankers.