• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

The more successful Hamilton is the more humble he has become,not everybody's cup of tea but I think he's a great champion.

He has become more grounded and I remember watching about the work he puts into a car close season he is close with his team and shows respect to them all.

Vettel is a wee cunt but everyone loves a villain and he is a cracker bit like MS always hated him but now respect just how good he was. 

22 hours ago, chris182 said:

Quality, 4 titles. Most successful British driver ?

? ? ? ? 

Certainly Britain's most successful but by no means THE BEST..This isn't a personal attack on Hamilton himself it is just a fact that with the modern technology no one driving in F1 is a World Class driver.(Great drivers and talented no doubt). All the cars could be run from the pits via computer today..Drivers like Clark/Lauda/Fangio and any from the era prior to the great advances in technology were REAL drivers, They had to translate what they felt was wrong with the car and even work on them. Modern drivers get orders telling them exactly what is happening with a minor bolt or washer..

I hardly watch F1 these days, But I am not trying to piss all over Hamilton's great achievement..Hope Verstappen will provide more of a challenge next season..

11 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Certainly Britain's most successful but by no means THE BEST..This isn't a personal attack on Hamilton himself it is just a fact that with the modern technology no one driving in F1 is a World Class driver.(Great drivers and talented no doubt). All the cars could be run from the pits via computer today..Drivers like Clark/Lauda/Fangio and any from the era prior to the great advances in technology were REAL drivers, They had to translate what they felt was wrong with the car and even work on them. Modern drivers get orders telling them exactly what is happening with a minor bolt or washer..

I hardly watch F1 these days, But I am not trying to piss all over Hamilton's great achievement..Hope Verstappen will provide more of a challenge next season..

I can sort of see your point, but by the same token could the best of the older drivers have handled the new cars?

The technology, the acceleration, the cornering...

18 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I can sort of see your point, but by the same token could the best of the older drivers have handled the new cars?

The technology, the acceleration, the cornering...

That's a very valid point..who knows ?

We won't ever get the answer to that.

I just think the huge gaps in performance in the past with Stewart,  G Hill, J Clark etc were less down to the car and more down to driver skill. Too much is dependent on the dominant car now. 

We will never know but Senna's performance in Brazil when his gearbox decided to let him only use one or two gears, could any of the modern drivers have done that? Also the whole aerodynamics thing where most of the overtaking is done under DRS seems a bit phoney.  

I would love to see these guys battle it out in the exactly same car for ten races or so. I reckon Alonso would show up much better.

On 23/10/2017 at 00:09, sandyinroyalblue said:

Verstappen,Vettel and Hamilton are all really good racers as well as being really quick,if Red Bull get their act together and provide Verstappen with a decent car F1 will be really competitive again with three top drivers and teams fighting to be number one.

Wee Lewis prefers the No.2 slot.