Jump to content

where to buy rangers badges?


ofb1988
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Does 'Tam the Badgeman' still sell them outside the stadium, great guy and an accountant IIRC who used to do it as a hobby and make some spare cash.

My old man used to take me to him every game, 3 for a fiver at the time, just became part of our match day. My old dears still got them all in the cupboard, alteast 2 scarfs full. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WWTC said:

My old man used to take me to him every game, 3 for a fiver at the time, just became part of our match day. My old dears still got them all in the cupboard, alteast 2 scarfs full. 

We do that for my grandson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, jintybear said:

We do that for my grandson. 

Crackin wee pre-match ritual, they fair stack up aswell. Ive actually not seen them in years, l'll need to get them looked out.

I ran out of Rangers options a few times and started buying the odd foreign one. Plus YCV, UDA, red hands... my da had a cunt of a time trying to explain it to my ma ?

From memory, my personal favourite was a forget me not ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, WWTC said:

My old man used to take me to him every game, 3 for a fiver at the time, just became part of our match day. My old dears still got them all in the cupboard, alteast 2 scarfs full. 

he sent me a bunch for my son when we were living overseas, genuine bear.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WWTC said:

This, definitely. If he's still there thats atleast 30years hes been doin it. Same spot every week

Where is it he sells them? Only got 3 or 4 in my collection and need to build that up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, West_Side said:

Where is it he sells them? Only got 3 or 4 in my collection and need to build that up.

He used to be set up at the corner of the East Enclosure and the Copland mate. Across from the John Greig statue on the stadium side of the road. 

Edit: just to confirm hes got a small stand alone stall type thing, not the ones against the fence with the banners n that. Might have changed, but he use to only sell badges and rarer programmes. He'd the best collection round the whole stadium though. 

Double edit:  directly across from him use to be the best place for programmes. I've got some crackers from the 30's and 50's and almost all were bought there

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Crackin wee pre-match ritual, they fair stack up aswell. Ive actually not seen them in years, l'll need to get them looked out.

I ran out of Rangers options a few times and started buying the odd foreign one. Plus YCV, UDA, red hands... my da had a cunt of a time trying to explain it to my ma ?

From memory, my personal favourite was a forget me not ?

Forget me not - saved many a jew.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, WWTC said:

He used to be set up at the corner of the East Enclosure and the Copland mate. Across from the John Greig statue on the stadium side of the road. 

Edit: just to confirm hes got a small stand alone stall type thing, not the ones against the fence with the banners n that. Might have changed, but he use to only sell badges and rarer programmes. He'd the best collection round the whole stadium though. 

Double edit:  directly across from him use to be the best place for programmes. I've got some crackers from the 30's and 50's and almost all were bought there

There used to be a guy across from the entrance to the west too. My boy just made a box in school and he said he wants to collect Rangers badges to keep in it so I hope they are still about as I said the best way to collect would be buying them on match days. Looking forward to the day he buys his 55 badge ??

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

There used to be a guy across from the entrance to the west too. My boy just made a box in school and he said he wants to collect Rangers badges to keep in it so I hope they are still about as I said the best way to collect would be buying them on match days. Looking forward to the day he buys his 55 badge ??

I sat in the Section O of the main stand when i was young and we parked at the Ibrox Library so we had to pass Tam on the way!  Even when we moved i still went to him, he always had the odd one or two you couldnt get anywhere. 

Crackin thing to collect, if you're buying yer fucked mate!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

I sat in the Section O of the main stand when i was young and we parked at the Ibrox Library so we had to pass Tam on the way!  Even when we moved i still went to him, he always had the odd one or two you couldnt get anywhere. 

Crackin thing to collect, if you're buying yer fucked mate!

Cheers mate. I was just thinking that myself. I was never into badges but my brother was and I think they were a couple of quid each but frightengly that was over 20 years ago. I imagine they're a bit more expensive these days. I might need to change it one a season "it'll make them more special" Hope he buys that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Does 'Tam the Badgeman' still sell them outside the stadium, great guy and an accountant IIRC who used to do it as a hobby and make some spare cash.

Where abouts does he set up on match day? Been to a few different guys selling badges outside the ground, but don't know exactly who he is. No doubt probably used him loads of times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 21 January 2022 19:45 Until 21:45
      0  
      Rangers v Stirling Albion
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Cup
×
×
  • Create New...