Jump to content

Pedro's 'plan A' formation for next season?


Recommended Posts

Anyone have an idea of what they think might be his preferred formation?

Obviously we still need to wait until the window closes to know exactly what we have, but I don't think his formations at the end of last season will hold any clues as he was basically trying to get the best out of the shite he had.

Whatever he uses there's no doubt he'll have a plan B in order as it's clear he's not shy of chopping and changing when need be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Providing we secure all our targets I think his strongest 11 will look something like this:

Fod

Tav  Alves  Cardoso  Wallace

Rossiter  Dorrans

Candeias Pena McKay

Morelos

McKay probably the only question mark but I'd personally keep him.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd imagine it'll look something like:

4-1-2-3-1, with Pena or Dorrans breaking forward. 

               Fod

Tav Alves Cardoso Wallace

               Jack

        Dorrans Pena

Candeias             Dalcio

             Herrera

With the likes of Miller, Moreles, McKay, Kranjcar, Rossiter, Wilson, Hodson as options off the bench. 

Squad supplemented with the likes of Dodoo, Holt, Baronjas, Bates, Beerman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I'd imagine it'll look something like:

4-1-2-3-1, with Pena or Dorrans breaking forward. 

               Fod

Tav Alves Cardoso Wallace

               Jack

        Dorrans Pena

Candeias             Dalcio

             Herrera

With the likes of Miller, Moreles, McKay, Kranjcar, Rossiter, Wilson, Hodson as options off the bench. 

Squad supplemented with the likes of Dodoo, Holt, Baronjas, Bates, Beerman. 

From what I've read I'd guess it's possible Morelos will be first choice? If he lives up to the expectation, of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Providing we secure all our targets I think his strongest 11 will look something like this:

Fod

Tav  Alves  Cardoso  Wallace

Rossiter  Dorrans

Candeias Pena McKay

Morelos

McKay probably the only question mark but I'd personally keep him.

 

Tav is questionable too, be I'd say it's fair enough to say he deserves another season. Perhaps having stronger players in the team will enhance his game.

I'm also expecting Wes to look a lot better without a dodgy defence asking too much of him at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Tav is questionable too, be I'd say it's fair enough to say he deserves another season. Perhaps having stronger players in the team will enhance his game.

I'm also expecting Wes to look a lot better without a dodgy defence asking too much of him at times.

Foderingham didn't do much wrong last season.

Actually made a lot of really good saves that kept us in games at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Foderingham didn't do much wrong last season.

Actually made a lot of really good saves that kept us in games at times.

I agree mate but what I'm meaning is that our shite defence put him under unnecessary pressure last season.

If our improved defenders can limit mistakes and general poor defending, Wes won't be exposed as often.

We know he's a very good shot stopper, so if opposition strikers are only able to attempt long shots then that plays to Wes's strengths nicely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JograBear said:

He was part of that shit defense. He does not command his box at all!

I think he has earned another season to prove himself. If he's not ticking boxes this year then he can join the rest of Warburtons duds playing for diddy teams in the low leagues of England.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pedro's plan 'A' is to do plan 'B' better!

seriously though I've been thinking about this and I think it will be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. Buying wingers I assume we'll play them. I think he might even play Morelos wide with Herrera through the middle. I don't know why I think that but just have a feeling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I'd imagine it'll look something like:

4-1-2-3-1, with Pena or Dorrans breaking forward. 

               Fod

Tav Alves Cardoso Wallace

               Jack

        Dorrans Pena

Candeias             Dalcio

             Herrera

With the likes of Miller, Moreles, McKay, Kranjcar, Rossiter, Wilson, Hodson as options off the bench. 

Squad supplemented with the likes of Dodoo, Holt, Baronjas, Bates, Beerman. 

Jack won't start, I dont think. I reckon Morelos will probably start as well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jack won't start, I dont think.

 

I think he might, we really need a proper dedicated holding midfielder. Let's the rest of the team play, and it's not a glamour position. 

It might be Rossiter, but who knows what his fitness situation is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

From what I've read I'd guess it's possible Morelos will be first choice? If he lives up to the expectation, of course.

I'd be surprised. Think he's only 20 or so, and has only played at a pretty low level. 

Herrera has done it at international level for Mexico (for a short period albeit). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With signing Herrera and Morelos for big money im now thinking its going to be 4 4 2

                          Fod

Tav          Alves         Cardoso       Wallace

Candeies     Pena     Dorrans      Dalcio

                Morelos        Herrera

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

With signing Herrera and Morelos for big money im now thinking its going to be 4 4 2

                          Fod

Tav          Alves         Cardoso       Wallace

Candeies     Pena     Dorrans      Dalcio

                Morelos        Herrera

I don't think you are allowed to play a 4-4-2 anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking 442 don't think we'd have bought 2 strikers otherwise,could maybe see Dorrans playing wide midfield like Davis used to for us with maybe Candieas playing RB and asked to provide the width on that side with McKay or hopefully Walker on the other side 

 

                       Wes 

Candieas Alves Cardoso Wallace

Dorrans Jack/Rossiter Pena McKay

              Herrera Morelos

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 13 August 2022 14:00 Until 16:00
      0  
      Rangers v St. Johnstone
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...