Pedro's 'plan A' formation for next season?

1 hour ago, bluchoo said:

With signing Herrera and Morelos for big money im now thinking its going to be 4 4 2

Fod

Tav          Alves         Cardoso       Wallace

Candeies     Pena     Dorrans      Dalcio

Morelos        Herrera

Was thinking the same thing.

Means we have a classic strike partnership but also only 3 starters from last years team.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I don't think he will but I'd go with 3 at the back - 

Wes

Cardoso Alves Wilson

Tav    Pena  Dorrans   Wallace

Kranjcar

Herrera   Morelos

Like this but I'd swap kranjcar with pena

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I don't think you are allowed to play a 4-4-2 anymore.

The classics never die mate

Leicester won the league with it, Bayern used it this year

Lets call it 4-4-1-1 for the Football Manager and Fifa generation tho

2 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Anyone have an idea of what they think might be his preferred formation?

Obviously we still need to wait until the window closes to know exactly what we have, but I don't think his formations at the end of last season will hold any clues as he was basically trying to get the best out of the shite he had.

Whatever he uses there's no doubt he'll have a plan B in order as it's clear he's not shy of chopping and changing when need be.

Hopefully we don't need to hear about plan a, b etc. again! 

Had enough of hearing that from the last pretender picking our teams.

2 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

From what I've read I'd guess it's possible Morelos will be first choice? If he lives up to the expectation, of course.

what expectation? We didn't exactly beat loads of clubs to clinch his signature 

I would lower our expectations for next season. I definitely think we will improve but I still don't think we will ultimately win the league. 

Goes without saying that I hope these words get rammed down my throat but I'm keeping my expectations at a subdued level 

52 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

what expectation? We didn't exactly beat loads of clubs to clinch his signature 

I would lower our expectations for next season. I definitely think we will improve but I still don't think we will ultimately win the league. 

Goes without saying that I hope these words get rammed down my throat but I'm keeping my expectations at a subdued level 

Perhaps I'm being too hopeful.

I'm also not realistically expecting to win the league next season, even though that'll always be our aim.

But as you said, hopefully any doubt we have will be proved wrong. I do have a better feeling about this season, though, from what I did when the season ended and we hadn't yet signed anyone - it's good to see Pedro getting his first targets.

32 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Perhaps I'm being too hopeful.

I'm also not realistically expecting to win the league next season, even though that'll always be our aim.

But as you said, hopefully any doubt we have will be proved wrong. I do have a better feeling about this season, though, from what I did when the season ended and we hadn't yet signed anyone - it's good to see Pedro getting his first targets.

Main thing giving me hope this year is the fact Pedro seems to have sorted the defence out,compare that to Warburton last year scraping the barrel at the last minute then panic buying fucking Senderos 

5 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Foderingham didn't do much wrong last season.

Actually made a lot of really good saves that kept us in games at times.

The shit Wes gets when he had a cluster fuck of a defence in front of him is something that really gets on my goat. Alright he can improve at his corners and going for the ball I have the arse with that but he made some great instinct saves since he has been here.

every keeper makes a mistake though and it will be over egged by the fans as it is the worst thing that can happen when your keeper fucks up and they score, but what about the other 10 people in front of him, were they trying to help?

Hope to fuck this is our squad next season

Wes Foderigham
Jak Alnwick 
Liam Kelly (LOANED OUT)
Robby McCrorie 

Lee Wallace 
Jose Abella 
Fabio Cardoso 
Bruno Alves 
Danny Wilson 
David Bates (LOANED OUT)
Aidan Wilson 
Myles Beerman 
Jordan Houston 
Ross McCrorie (LOANED OUT)

Graham Dorrans
Carlos Pena
Kenny McLean 
Ryan Jack 
Jordan Rossiter 
Niko Kranjcar
Jamie Barjonas 
Liam Burt 
Jack Thomson 

Alfredo Morelos 
Vladimir Weiss
Jamie Walker 
Eduardo Herrera 
Kenny Miller
Daniel Candeias
Dalcio Gomes (LOAN)
Joe Dodoo (LOANED OUT)
Serge Atakyi
Ryan Hardie (LOANED OUT)

Of that squad I hope we play 4-2-3-1 like this : Foderingham; Abella, Cardoso, Alves, Wallace; Dorrans, Pena; Walker, McLean, Weiss; Morelos.

40 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Hope to fuck this is our squad next season

Wes Foderigham
Jak Alnwick 
Liam Kelly (LOANED OUT)
Robby McCrorie 

Lee Wallace 
Jose Abella 
Fabio Cardoso 
Bruno Alves 
Danny Wilson 
David Bates (LOANED OUT)
Aidan Wilson 
Myles Beerman 
Jordan Houston 
Ross McCrorie (LOANED OUT)

Graham Dorrans
Carlos Pena
Kenny McLean 
Ryan Jack 
Jordan Rossiter 
Niko Kranjcar
Jamie Barjonas 
Liam Burt 
Jack Thomson 

Alfredo Morelos 
Vladimir Weiss
Jamie Walker 
Eduardo Herrera 
Kenny Miller
Daniel Candeias
Dalcio Gomes (LOAN)
Joe Dodoo (LOANED OUT)
Serge Atakyi
Ryan Hardie (LOANED OUT)

Of that squad I hope we play 4-2-3-1 like this : Foderingham; Abella, Cardoso, Alves, Wallace; Dorrans, Pena; Walker, McLean, Weiss; Morelos.

A 28 man squad???

Foderingham in goal, the defence of Tavernier, Alves, Cardoso and Wallace. The forwards of Herrera and Morelos for big target striker and quicker player to play off of him. The only area I am not sure about is the midfield and the formation of this. 

I like the idea of two up top. Its ok creating and getting the ball out to the wings but we did that enough last season and were simply popping the ball into the box where one striker was against 2 or 3 defenders. Both Hererra and Merelos look like the type of players who work well with someone alongsode them up top where i think Kenny will be useful.

Also see a lot of people mentioning Dalcio in the starting 11 but i'm worried he is another Dodoo. Hasnt featured much for anyone and apparently he is more of a midfielder than out and out winger. Hopefully Jamie Walker arrives and fills one of the wide roles.

I think he has shown already he's interchangeable even during games. 

I would suggest he will play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 more often than not but I reckon Morelos and Herrera may strike a partnership and force him to go with two up top. 

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I'd imagine it'll look something like:

4-1-2-3-1, with Pena or Dorrans breaking forward. 

Fod

Tav Alves Cardoso Wallace

Jack

Dorrans Pena

Candeias             Dalcio

Herrera

With the likes of Miller, Moreles, McKay, Kranjcar, Rossiter, Wilson, Hodson as options off the bench. 

Squad supplemented with the likes of Dodoo, Holt, Baronjas, Bates, Beerman. 

Looks decent. I assume the extra man behind the striker is the fans egging herrera on? :V

3 hours ago, zanderbear said:

I have read Pedro's preferred formation is 4-4-2 (6) which is known as having a double 6. Google it for info

4-4-2-soccer-systems.png

Looks more like a 4-1-2-1-2 to me mate. CDM covering the defence, 2 central midfielders and a CAM feeding balls in to the top two. Can't see it being that if Pedro wants to play the wide game with the likes of candeias and potentially walker signing on? 

3 hours ago, zanderbear said:

I have read Pedro's preferred formation is 4-4-2 (6) which is known as having a double 6. Google it for info

4-4-2-soccer-systems.png

The double 6 has two sitting midfielders effectively a 4-4-2 with 2 DMs where one is the water carrier as they say and the other gets further forward.

Arsenal were well rebound for playing it with Petit/Gilberto and Vieira

abBVXV0acd.jpg

i read that Caixinha liked that but everything last year suggested 4-2-3-1 or some variation of that.

As others have said the thing that leads me to believe the formation will be different is the signing of two different strikers who I don't think either are coming to make up the numbers.

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The double 6 has two sitting midfielders effectively a 4-4-2 with 2 DMs where one is the water carrier as they say and the other gets further forward.

Arsenal were well rebound for playing it with Petit/Gilberto and Vieira

abBVXV0acd.jpg

i read that Caixinha liked that but everything last year suggested 4-2-3-1 or some variation of that.

As others have said the thing that leads me to believe the formation will be different is the signing of two different strikers who I don't think either are coming to make up the numbers.

I think last year he was utilizing players he inherited who couldn't get to grips with his tactics or were not able to. This season it's his players chosen for his system so I'd guess its 4-4-2 double 6 either CM can be holding or be attacking, hence the term double as both can do either job.