Sponsorship Deal with 32Red Extended!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This surprises me, why would they want to stay with us when theyve just a had a year with virtually no tops being sold so nowhere near the exposure they would have expected? Im surprised they werent asking us for their money back

Still good that we've came to a deal hopefully they announce the retail deal is sorted soon this whole fiasco has gone on long enough

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This surprises me, why would they want to stay with us when theyve just a had a year with virtually no tops being sold so nowhere near the exposure they would have expected? Im surprised they werent asking us for their money back

Still good that we've came to a deal hopefully they announce the retail deal is sorted soon this whole fiasco has gone on long enough

The exposure from being on TV is far greater than punters buying jerseys.

2 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Might be a sign that the shirt deal did get sorted out. Also they still get exposure on TV and fans who watch the games but don't buy the shirts. 

3 minutes ago, james_85 said:

will defo be wearing the same strips next year then

I'm not that fussed about the idea of that, really liked these strips. 

Sponsorship on the back from somewhere else perhaps???

Matt Booth, Chief Commercial Officer at 32Red commented: “We have enjoyed three fantastic years as the official club sponsor of Rangers FC and we are thrilled to confirm a further two year agreement that will see the 32Red brand feature on the front of the players shirts.

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Aye but surely missing out on say minimum 10,000 wearing the top say 10 times a year is a lot of lost exposure all the same

That's not how advertising/sponsorship works mate. All that matters is people are seeing "Red32", because they'll get more money from people using their app/website than people buying the strip. 

7 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

it seems a way has been found apparently that will allow the strips to be bought. Maybe 32red know this.

but surprised it's still them. Ach well lol 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The exposure from being on TV is far greater than punters buying jerseys.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbf to 32 RED, they've stuck bye us through the banter years so probably deserve their brand displayed on Euro stage etc.

These two comments go hand in hand. If we do well at the Euro games, then TV exposure will be worldwide... (moreso than it is for Old Firm games and Rangers TV broadcast abroad). 

Also... big Bruno wearing a 32 Red top would have sweetened it :)

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

That's not how advertising/sponsorship works mate. All that matters is people are seeing "Red32", because they'll get more money from people using their app/website than people buying the strip. 

Yes but much more people see the shirt sponsor on a daily basis when Bears are all buying tops and wearing them all the time. If we had all been buying tops then folk would be seeing 32RED all over the place every single day not just when they watch Rangers games.

I guess its not a deal breaker or as big a deal as I thought but id imagined it would have been something the sponsor would have been at least a bit concerned about.

And I know its a different matter altogether but id be interested to hear PUMAs thoughts on all this

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbf to 32 RED, they've stuck bye us through the banter years so probably deserve their brand displayed on Euro stage etc.

Yeah im actually quite proud of them. Not going to go wild and join their site or anything but they have my praises :lol:

Edit - ive decided to do my bit and ive visited their site so at least they'll get a hit from me even though im not joining :lol: other bears should do the same https://www.32red.com/

Just now, Rfc52 said:

it seems a way has been found apparently that will allow the strips to be bought. Maybe 32red know this.

Did you not call this?

10 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Aye but surely missing out on say minimum 10,000 wearing the top say 10 times a year is a lot of lost exposure all the same

There's 50 million Mexicans addicted to gambling 

And now Rangers - it's a win win

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

no mate.

At NARSA they said a new sponsor will be announced.

However it was made clear it would be the same strips again. 

Great. So it's only been a fortnight since Vegas and there's bullshit being called awready.

11 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

There will always be ways to expose the name to more people but given we don't put the logo on kids tops now anyway (which afaik are far bigger sellers than adults kits generally) it's not as huge drop off as you'd think

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye. You go into the  Megastore, put down your money and, voila, you've bought a strip. That's the way it works.