Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

1 hour ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Floyd's trouble is his hands are gone and he fully admits that. That's why he's taken up a defensive style. You're talking about a guy whos taking hard hits with punches, kicks, knees, elbows and is still incredibly hard to knock out. I just don't see it happening.

Some people just have stronger chins than others.

He has had chronic hand problems since long before he stopped knocking people out though. In fact I can't remember a time when he wasn't complaining about his hands.

1 minute ago, JamieD said:

He has had chronic hand problems since long before he stopped knocking people out though. In fact I can't remember a time when he wasn't complaining about his hands.

But after multiple operations, ageing and the damage they've taken. They're substantially worse than they ever have been previously.

He literally attributes his defensive style to his poor hands. If you think he's knocking out someone that's used to taking far worse than a punch on a regular basis without getting knocked out, then you're just mental ?. 

I reckon he wins over 12 rounds by UD. But I'd love nothing more than McGregor to knock him out.

To utterly laugh at the idea of Mayweather knocking him out is delusional :lol::lol:

He will be tagging Mcgregor over and over. These will take their toll.  Not saying he will definitely KO him, but to rule it out is the sign of a mong.

4 hours ago, TheQueensEleven said:

But after multiple operations, ageing and the damage they've taken. They're substantially worse than they ever have been previously.

He literally attributes his defensive style to his poor hands. If you think he's knocking out someone that's used to taking far worse than a punch on a regular basis without getting knocked out, then you're just mental ?. 

I reckon he wins over 12 rounds by UD. But I'd love nothing more than McGregor to knock him out.

He has never, ever taken accumulative blows from a world class, accurate puncher over 12 rounds and if you think that's irrelevant, you're mental.

Caught some of these so called press conferences. I don't know if MMA is used to this but it was just the two of them walking about shouting bitch at each other like some x rated version of WWF. Just a load of bollocks and bad for the image of both sports. The two of them must feel like clowns doing it. Is that what the promoters think fans of both want to hear? I suppose people do get wrapped up when their is some genuine animosity but this was just silly by any standards.

Was going to splash some savings on this but the Haye-Bellew farce has made me change my mind. Might see what I can get on Mayweather inside 6 rounds. If he can't get that done against a guy who is not even a boxer then he'll look a bit silly given his TBE claims.

I'm also thinking now that it will be such a poor fight that he won't care about padding it out and will want to wrap it up quickly because the shorter the fight the less chance the other boy gets lucky. The money's banked anyway and so the crowd don't matter so he'd be as well just being ruthless with all Mcgregors mistakes.

Anybody get me the odds on that with Coral or Betfred as only planning to stick 50 on it and don't want to go into the shop and look a right mug if it only gets you a tenner. Will be on my phone for the rest of the day and those betting sites just fuck my screen up.

3 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Caught some of these so called press conferences. I don't know if MMA is used to this but it was just the two of them walking about shouting bitch at each other like some x rated version of WWF. Just a load of bollocks and bad for the image of both sports. The two of them must feel like clowns doing it. Is that what the promoters think fans of both want to hear? I suppose people do get wrapped up when their is some genuine animosity but this was just silly by any standards.

Was going to splash some savings on this but the Haye-Bellew farce has made me change my mind. Might see what I can get on Mayweather inside 6 rounds. If he can't get that done against a guy who is not even a boxer then he'll look a bit silly given his TBE claims.

I'm also thinking now that it will be such a poor fight that he won't care about padding it out and will want to wrap it up quickly because the shorter the fight the less chance the other boy gets lucky. The money's banked anyway and so the crowd don't matter so he'd be as well just being ruthless with all Mcgregors mistakes.

Anybody get me the odds on that with Coral or Betfred as only planning to stick 50 on it and don't want to go into the shop and look a right mug if it only gets you a tenner. Will be on my phone for the rest of the day and those betting sites just fuck my screen up.

1-3 9/1

4-6 9/2

I'll tell you what the bookies aren't as sure on Mayweather if they have mcgregor at ONLY 4/1.

10 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

1-3 9/1

4-6 9/2

I'll tell you what the bookies aren't as sure on Mayweather if they have mcgregor at ONLY 4/1.

Cheers m8. I can't believe that for McGregor. Just seems strange as fuck. Is that the only way they do the rounds? Can you not get 4-7? 

54 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

1-3 9/1

4-6 9/2

That does not mean they aren't sure, just means that mongs are getting on McGregor and the bookies are ripping it out of them.

22 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

That does not mean they aren't sure, just means that mongs are getting on McGregor and the bookies are ripping it out of them.

Yeah just been thinking that. Bookies making sure if the upset did somehow happen they don't lose a fortune. Do you know if you can go into a bookies and get a price on Mayweather stopping him between rounds 4-8? I'd be happy as fuck with that bet if the odds were like the ones above.

16 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

To utterly laugh at the idea of Mayweather knocking him out is delusional :lol::lol:

He will be tagging Mcgregor over and over. These will take their toll.  Not saying he will definitely KO him, but to rule it out is the sign of a mong.

Exactly

People are going on as if he could only KO him with a single shot, if he's teeing off on him for 5/6 rounds the damage will add up.

I do think he will KO him with one flush shot though.

On 19/07/2017 at 9:58 AM, William McBeath said:

Yeah just been thinking that. Bookies making sure if the upset did somehow happen they don't lose a fortune. Do you know if you can go into a bookies and get a price on Mayweather stopping him between rounds 4-8? I'd be happy as fuck with that bet if the odds were like the ones above.

Cant see specific betting for round 4-8 but have a look at these

IMG_9662.PNG

IMG_9663.PNG

5 hours ago, Jamie29 said:

Cant see specific betting for round 4-8 but have a look at these

IMG_9662.PNG

IMG_9663.PNG

Cheers mate. Already found a closer one with coral of 11/4 for Mayweather between rounds 5-8. Think I'll stick 20 quid on it even though I'm starting to think the whole thing could be staged to make sure UFC doesn't look too bad and Mayweather gets his win. It's just that I've seen Mayweather praising it and Dana White. That's not like him and I would not be surprised if he's looking to invest in it or promote it in some way. The guy loves his money and probably doesn't give a shit if he gets a bit of a slagging for not setting about this Irish guy as quickly as possible. Could be he's just promoting the fight but it's not like him to suck up people's arses. I'm only sticking something on it now because I know he loves his undefeated record and McGregor will struggle to carry the fight for so many rounds. He's only went the distance in MMA twice and is supposed to tire quite easily. When he does Mayweather will have no choice but to lay it on him. Think the ref stopping it in round eight would suit both. I wouldn't be surprised if it was loosely planned to go that way even if McGregor doesn't know as Floyd and this White go way back. 

Got to laugh at the Irish clown though. He said he'd KO Canelo. It's obvious why he pursued Mayweather as a defensive less brutal boxer like him is less likely to cause him serious damage. Canelo or Golovkin would seriously hurt him if the ref or his corner wasn't quick enough to stop the fight. 

Freddie Roach said he's tried before to do something like this but UFC said they'd never allow it because it could damage their reputation. That's what makes me think this could be staged because why are the willing to  do it now when it's obvious a top class boxer going all out would completely embarrass their guy? He doesn't even jab and outwith all the kicks and other MMA stuff his tactics are mostly just single punches. The whole thing is strange from a UFC perspective unless some sort of behind the scenes assurances have been given. I'm only convinced Mayweather will stop him now because I think even he will care enough about his reputation not to be took the distance by a guy who's never fought as a professional boxer.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope McGregor wins this fight. Im a UFC guy and have been since 2009, so I'll be supporting the UFC fighter in this fight. 

Also, I think McGregor could actually do it, his left hand is lethal.

Also not bothered about what country he is from or even if he supports them (Don't think he does).

46 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

I hope McGregor wins this fight. Im a UFC guy and have been since 2009, so I'll be supporting the UFC fighter in this fight. 

Also not bothered about what country he is from or even if he supports them (Don't think he does).

Good on you mate, good to see a guy putting our biggest rivals to the side when it comes to this exhibition fight. 

20 hours ago, EMRFC said:

:lol:

Believe me he is, he's also a fan of the IRA and saying "Fuck the Queen", look at his twitter history for proof. Or simply google "Conor McGregor Celtic fan" for all the proof you'll need

He's a filthy republican cunt, can't wait to see him get humiliated in the ring 

32 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Believe me he is, he's also a fan of the IRA and saying "Fuck the Queen", look at his twitter history for proof. Or simply google "Conor McGregor Celtic fan" for all the proof you'll need

I try hard to seperate UFC and football/politics. Honestly, Conor McGregor for me is a person hard to try and not like, he's hell of a fighter and entertaining as fuck, but I also haven't looked in to his political views either. 

Also the "fuck the queen" thing came from when he was criticised for wearing a poppy by the Irish and he told them, "You drink beer and wear a Celtic jersey in your local, fuck you and the queen." So maybe he doesn't really care what anyone thinks.

43 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

IMG_7234.PNG

50 minutes ago, ChrisMcb said:

Surely you've spent a score on worse stuff lol , ma hangover munches cost a score at least and they end up in the bin or the toilet 

Actually anyone who pays for it in America is even worse, 100 dollars for that. The only way you could justify it to some degree if it was a get together and make a night of it. But if your on your own don't bother.