Jump to content

Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

The world seems happy enough to pay their money and watch it, so I don't see where the problem is. 

There's no current boxers Floyd felt would be worthy of coming out of retirement for. it took an mma guy, think that says a lot about the current state of boxing.

I think it's good for both sports, gets people talking and invested again.

It is daft, but people will watch anything. MMA definitely doesn't need it, as it has grown hand over fist in the last 10 years, and is still growing. Whether FM needs it for tax etc who knows, but he wouldn't be the first multi millionaire to run into money problems!
It is nothing but a money making exercise for both men. 

If I am up, I will watch on a stream, but I wouldn't pay a penny for it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ridiculous amount of people giving the old "aye but how long would Mayweather last in MMA" patter. McGregor is a puncher from a boxing background who went in to a fight where he could only use a

Disgusting the amount of Rangers fans that like this cunt 

#mongos

Posted Images

The rattlers getting in on the act :lol:

What an embarrassment to the country and football in general. Pure ambulance chasing glory hunting fuckwits. There can't be any lengths they won't go to for publicity and to be seen to support the Irish.

Too bad their boy will imitate their team's performance in Barcelona last year. Sad sad people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

mate this is WWE in disguise. Its all made up nonsense. Nobody is getting murdered.

I know it's a farce as a contest and a money making exercise but do you not think they will be fighting for real? I've got money on this, so they'd better fucking be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

I know it's a farce as a contest and a money making exercise but do you not think they will be fighting for real? I've got money on this, so they'd better fucking be. 

no I dont. Have you seen mcgregor box? if this was real he would be seriously hurt. Its a show. A few punches might look a little sore, buts its a show

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

no I dont. Have you seen mcgregor box? if this was real he would be seriously hurt. Its a show. A few punches might look a little sore, buts its a show

I posted a while back in this thread that I was dubious as to why the UFC would allow their guy to fight in a boxing match as it could look bad for them if their man stinks.

Also seen Freddie Roach saying he'd tried before and they said they'd never do it. Add to that the fact Mayweather and Dana White go way back it does look as if it could be a fix where Mayweather allows the guy to go the distance, pockets the cash, and UFC doesn't take any damage to it's reputation. 

But then I thought even though it's a mismatch and a farce that to go to the extent of rigging a fight with all the hundreds of millions spent on PPV and bets would be too serious a fraud for the likes of these. Don King probably would but just don't think they'd take the risk to save a daft tit from Dublin getting a beating. I know he's the most popular in UFC the now but they rise and fall quickly over there and the company is getting paid out of this. I got to thinking they were just cashing in on the lad before he eventually defends his titles and takes another beating before fading. Surely he's not worth match rigging over?

Boxing is well known for dodgy dealing right enough. If Mayweather comes out and just coasts I'll be raging even though I only put small bets on. Imagine how all the big spenders splashing out on this will feel. No doubt people are betting millions and seats are going for ten grand. Hope your wrong but think you might be right to some extent. It will be obvious as fuck as well as we all know how smart and lightning quick Mayweather is in the ring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A hope he gets ko'd.

If that happens in happens.

It's just when a fighter gets tired and takes a sustained beating before getting ko'd, that's usually when things don't end well. Probably more so for a fighter that doesn't know how to properly defend in boxing.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

He's never been floored in his career, if he goes down at all he'll lose.

Canny see McGregor getting anywhere close to him.

He's had two light flash knock downs where his gloves kept him up but was only counted on one against a boy called Hernadez. The other was Zab Judah. Both were more from being off balance through dodging and not the power of the punches. He seems to be tough as fuck when he gets hit with hard shots and doesn't seem to get enough credit for being a hard little fucker because of his backtracking defensive style. Read he sometimes gets ready for fights with 30 minute sparring sessions were they rotate a few guys every 3 minutes so he's fighting people who are fresh throughout. The wee guy must be proper hardcore underneath all the pretty boy Floyd and high living image. Makes sense if you've seen his family. All rough and funny as fuck. I think he's tougher than this Conner guy and wouldn't be surprised if he hits just as hard too. Conner and his fans seems to think he's by far the harder guy because he's MMA but he's in for a bit of a shock in this one if Mayweather doesn't take the piss with this fight.

Hopefully his talking about Mayweather hitting his Mrs in front of his kid has pissed Floyd and his family off because it will make the fight funny as fuck with the way McGregor walks around and talks as if he's the world's hardest man :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of people taking this 'staged pantomime' as serious is laughable. 

The outcome will already have been agreed, it'll be the one to make as much money of naive as fuck people and little boys as possible. Might even gave a rematch agreed as well, again dependant on how much they can take the piss out i'of gullible idiots. 

Fair play to them though, literally, I do mean literally, laughing all the way to the bank. A fool and his money eh. I'll probably watch the 'highlights' :lol: On utube the next day if I'm bored. The Moscow state circus is in town, better value, and they don't insult people's intelligence with their clown show. 

Enjoy, suckers ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think FM will get hit badly in the first 3 rounds but if he holds off then he will win the distance.

Only way CM can win is if he lands an early blow.

FM will use his movement well and pick him off.

Neither fighter will want the fight lasting 1 round so it will be dragged out a bit for some value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2017 at 1:21 PM, William McBeath said:

The rattlers getting in on the act :lol:

What an embarrassment to the country and football in general. Pure ambulance chasing glory hunting fuckwits. There can't be any lengths they won't go to for publicity and to be seen to support the Irish.

Too bad their boy will imitate their team's performance in Barcelona last year. Sad sad people.

Spot on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Siam69 said:

The amount of people taking this 'staged pantomime' as serious is laughable. 

The outcome will already have been agreed, it'll be the one to make as much money of naive as fuck people and little boys as possible. Might even gave a rematch agreed as well, again dependant on how much they can take the piss out i'of gullible idiots. 

Fair play to them though, literally, I do mean literally, laughing all the way to the bank. A fool and his money eh. I'll probably watch the 'highlights' :lol: On utube the next day if I'm bored. The Moscow state circus is in town, better value, and they don't insult people's intelligence with their clown show. 

Enjoy, suckers ...

What evidence is there to suggest they are fixing the fight? I know a lot of people don't like the idea of this fight but some of the hyperbole surrounding it is a bit over the top. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlueMexican said:

I think FM will get hit badly in the first 3 rounds but if he holds off then he will win the distance.

Only way CM can win is if he lands an early blow.

FM will use his movement well and pick him off.

Neither fighter will want the fight lasting 1 round so it will be dragged out a bit for some value.

Fuck sake :lol:

1 hour ago, lidorfc said:

What evidence is there to suggest they are fixing the fight? I know a lot of people don't like the idea of this fight but some of the hyperbole surrounding it is a bit over the top. 

Wait and see what happens ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...