Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

38 minutes ago, gogzy said:

this isn't going to happen IMO.  Not that easily anyway.  The closer this gets, the more i think Connor is going to spark him out early on.

Floyd isn't a power puncher and Connor, if he lays a glove on him, could KO him quite easily.

Gogzy man wtf :dunno:

4 hours ago, gogzy said:

this isn't going to happen IMO.  Not that easily anyway.  The closer this gets, the more i think Connor is going to spark him out early on.

Floyd isn't a power puncher and Connor, if he lays a glove on him, could KO him quite easily.

You're talking about an amateur boxer knocking out a world class boxer that rarely takes a hit to the face in the ring though. Floyd will win.

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

You're talking about an amateur boxer knocking out a world class boxer that rarely takes a hit to the face in the ring though. Floyd will win.

I am talking about a younger, fitter, stronger man, who knocks people out for fun.... fighting a retired, older, slower guy who doesn't knock out many people.

If floyd can avoid being hit ( which is pretty much his thing) Then yeah, he will win, probably on points.   if Connor can lay a decent glove on him, Mayweather goes night night.

31 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I am talking about a younger, fitter, stronger man, who knocks people out for fun.... fighting a retired, older, slower guy who doesn't knock out many people.

If floyd can avoid being hit ( which is pretty much his thing) Then yeah, he will win, probably on points.   if Connor can lay a decent glove on him, Mayweather goes night night.

But he is wearing 10oz gloves now though, not 4oz like UFC. It will make a huge difference. 

46 minutes ago, gogzy said:

You're talking about one of the greatest boxers of all-time in the ring against a guy that has never boxed before. 

Throwing punches in the UFC isn't boxing; McGregor's technique and footwork will be badly exposed and he won't get near Mayweather.

Reckon a mid-late KO for Mayweather.

50 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

You're talking about one of the greatest boxers of all-time in the ring against a guy that has never boxed before. 

Throwing punches in the UFC isn't boxing; McGregor's technique and footwork will be badly exposed and he won't get near Mayweather.

Reckon a mid-late KO for Mayweather.

Mayweather won't knock mcgregor out. 

If mcgregor is going to ko Mayweather it will be in the first 4 rounds. If Floyd can weather that first initial storm then mcgregor is in for an absolute lesson, mcgregor will unload too much early on but I don't think Floyd will KO him. 

I honestly think Mayweather wipe win on points to set up an even bigger payday for the rematch. 

Just now, Creampuff said:

I don't see why not.

Mayweather hasn't knocked many boxers out recently, but he's not boxing a boxer...

He's boxing a guy who takes bigger hits from guys with lighter gloves. I don't see any reason why he WILL knock Mcgregor out. 

Mayweather hits a lot harder than folk are saying. Sure, he doesn't tend to go for knockouts, but ... if McGregor gives any opportunity, he will realise that the combination of Mayweathers, technique, timing and power is superior to anything he has ever faced in UFC.

I see a KO coming with Mayweather timing McGregor walking on to something.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

He's boxing a guy who takes bigger hits from guys with lighter gloves. I don't see any reason why he WILL knock Mcgregor out. 

Remember, he doesn't have to spark him for it to be a knockout.

If Mayweather is constantly catching him, with little or nothing coming back from McGregor, then there is a good chance the ref will stop it.

Regardless, I would fancy Mayweather to spark him if he feels like it. His punches will be considerably harder than the kind of punches that McGregor is used to facing. GGG or Canelo would spark him out for sure, Mayweather may just choose not to.

If Mcgregor wins its a fix, simple as that. A fix with another staged rematch in mind. Watching that pish took me back to a  years ago when my boys were into WWE, you can just imagine chris Jericho and triple h spouting the same nonsense. The difference is everyone over the age of 11 knows that's purely theatre.

11 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Conor is ripping the cunt a new one.

Pity it's all staged 

He ripped Showtime boxing more than Mayweather, which I enjoyed.

I feel the same way as I did in the first presser, as soon as Mayweather starts talking money and how Dana is the boss, Conor is completely neutered, and all he can say is "Fuck You".