Just got a DM from Alfredo on twitter

julescotia

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

So you can't support the team you love if you aren't a loyalist? 

I don't defend them, or what their club has done and covered up, but I'm not Irish so I don't feel the need to bring religion into matters of who I support. I'm an Atheist and a proud rangers fan (with my shite £20 tattoo)

I certainly wouldn't mock any loyalists or older fans for having their beliefs, that's fine, but it's a cuntish thing to slag fans with no political/religious affiliation just because you have your views. 

No one's slagging fans with no religious or political leanings

Just those who would have us forget our history and traditions to suit their own agenda. 

I have no issue if people of other races religions religions and politics want to support us, but they should remember we have a history of Protestant Unionist and Loyalist traditions that we're proud of

And If those traditions offend someone to the point they want us to stop them then they can fuck off and support someone else

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many people have been taken in by taig propaganda

There's nothing wrong or shameful about being a Protestant or Unionist or Loyalist, I'm proud to be part of the PUL community and always will, I'll never be ashamed of the Queens picture being in Iron or when we sing the Sash or Derrys Walls and nor should anyone else

The taigs have been trying their best to make us feel like we should be ashamed of our history when they are afraid to even speak of theirs

I'm not religious in fact I'm anti religious but I'm not calling for us to forget our Protestant heritage because it's part of our history that got us where we are.

It's one thing to not have PUL beliefs it's another thing to disrespect the Club and the Club's history and act like it's something to be ashamed of

13 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Too many people have been taken in by taig propaganda

There's nothing wrong or shameful about being a Protestant or Unionist or Loyalist, I'm proud to be part of the PUL community and always will, I'll never be ashamed of the Queens picture being in Iron or when we sing the Sash or Derrys Walls and nor should anyone else

The taigs have been trying their best to make us feel like we should be ashamed of our history when they are afraid to even speak of theirs

I'm not religious in fact I'm anti religious but I'm not calling for us to forget our Protestant heritage because it's part of our history that got us where we are.

It's one thing to not have PUL beliefs it's another thing to disrespect the Club and the Club's history and act like it's something to be ashamed of

you can't be part of the PUL community if you are not a protestant surely? If you are anti-religious then you are anti - protestant, as being a member of the PUL community relies on your Protestant, christian beliefs - no?

:huh: 

33 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

you can't be part of the PUL community if you are not a protestant surely? If you are anti-religious then you are anti - protestant, as being a member of the PUL community relies on your Protestant, christian beliefs - no?

Im a Unionist and Loyalist and I come from a Protestant family, I dont believe in God however.

Im anti religious in the sense I believe that Church should be separate from Government which is something im sure most Protestants agree with. So i suppose saying im anti-religious is a bit too far but im non-religious. I have no issue with people having their own beliefs, I personally dont believe in God. And im sure theres many people who would identify as Protestant even if they dont believe in God, its not something I would do though.

44 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

How exactly does God come into being a Unionist?

I understand what you're saying in regards to being a Protestant, but a Unionist is a completely different thing. 

9 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Im a Unionist and Loyalist and I come from a Protestant family, I dont believe in God however.

Im anti religious in the sense I believe that Church should be separate from Government which is something im sure most Protestants agree with. So i suppose saying im anti-religious is a bit too far but im non-religious. I have no issue with people having their own beliefs, I personally dont believe in God. And im sure theres many people who would identify as Protestant even if they dont believe in God, its not something I would do though.

Ok, fair doo's - I'm not gonna debate what you feel or believe - but it is a confusing picture you paint...

One thing though! the song Derry's walls has the line - 

God bless the hands that broke the boom,
And saved the Apprentice Boys!

and the song you posted earlier "Quis Separabit" - is indeed about asking "who shall separate us from the love of christ" adopted by the UDA...

as I say I'm not going to get into anyone for what they feel about religion....  :tu:

12 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

There will be some, in our support, that do care about these things.

Bobby Shearer said many years ago ," if Rangers  play with 11 catholics and celtic with 11 protestants Rangers would still be the protestant team". That's the words of a great Rangers captain. 

13 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Google translate is gonna be busy this season.

I wonder if any of our new Catholic players bless themselves as they enter the field of play??

Looks like we'll have a whole team of papes playing for us this season. It's going to really fuck with the Tims heads..??

We're gonna be ra orange papes.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

How exactly does God come into being a Unionist?

I understand what you're saying in regards to being a Protestant, but a Unionist is a completely different thing. 

It doesn't and I agree -

but surely being part of a PUL community (like what the poster said) there are strong links to a christian faith through being a Protestant  - otherwise you are just a Unionist Loyalist?

26 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ok, fair doo's - I'm not gonna debate what you feel or believe - but it is a confusing picture you paint...

One thing though! the song Derry's walls has the line - 

God bless the hands that broke the boom,
And saved the Apprentice Boys!

and the song you posted earlier "Quis Separabit" - is indeed about asking "who shall separate us from the love of christ" adopted by the UDA...

as I say I'm not going to get into anyone for what they feel about religion....  :tu:

Fair enough, there are some people who would say you dont even have to believe in God to say that youre  Protestant, im not one of those which is why I wouldnt say I am. But plenty of people who are technically atheist or agnostic would identify as Protestant or Catholic or Muslim or whatever.

And culture is heavily influenced by religion. Pretty much everyone comes from one religious background or another. I come from a Protestant family with family who are in the Masons and the OO, ive always celebrated Protestant culture as its part of my heritage that im proud of, and whether or not I believe in God wont change that.

52 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Fair enough, there are some people who would say you dont even have to believe in God to say that youre  Protestant, im not one of those which is why I wouldnt say I am. But plenty of people who are technically atheist or agnostic would identify as Protestant or Catholic or Muslim or whatever.

And culture is heavily influenced by religion. Pretty much everyone comes from one religious background or another. I come from a Protestant family with family who are in the Masons and the OO, ive always celebrated Protestant culture as its part of my heritage that im proud of, and whether or not I believe in God wont change that.

I think you need to have a look at what being a Protestant is if you think you can be one and not believe in God!!

You're  a loyalist not a Protestant!

16 hours ago, julescotia said:

Chanced it on the off-chance he might reply .... he did!

DM_zpshlweg8qy.png

His reply translates as ...... "Hello friend, we are finished with the visa issue, everything is ready"

Hate to get back on topic, but I imagine that's an autocorrect error. It doesn't translate as it's finished.it translates as, roughly, we're just finishing.

2 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I think you need to have a look at what being a Protestant is if you think you can be one and not believe in God!!

You're  a loyalist not a Protestant!

Try using your eyes or learning to read :lol: my whole post is me saying that im not a Protestant and that I wouldnt say I was 

8 hours ago, deco19761 said:

To be fair any Muslim or catholic who feels the need to bless themselves or kneel in front of fans as they enter the play of field no matter what religion they should be told. Do it in the changing room before you go play. 

And ps... remember to kiss you hand and place it . On the picture of OUR majesty when you actually leave the dressing room.!!!

Jimmy bell i hope has kept Pedro in check regarding this, pedro then dictates to the players...

On 15/06/2017 at 8:08 AM, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

The one that Partick Roberts did when he came on the pitch against us makes him look like a cock (bigger than he is) the wee conductors finger then pointing and looking up at the sky. Wonder how often he goes to church/chapel etc the cunts English FFS.

This

the wee fanny would be trying to get a reaction from us so they can go greeting to the mhedia and keep portraying us big bad rangers fans as bigots 

On 2017-6-15 at 8:38 AM, born a blue nose said:

We had a lot more fun when we didn't sign caffliks

I don't mind us signing Roman Catholics. I do think we need a spine of Rangers men in the team, but signing foreign RC players isn't that big of an issue to me. I don't, however, want to see us sign too many taigs. I highly doubt the likes of Amo, Reno, Albertz etc were singing IRA songs before signing for us. 

14 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I don't mind us signing Roman Catholics. I do think we need a spine of Rangers men in the team, but signing foreign RC players isn't that big of an issue to me. I don't, however, want to see us sign too many taigs. I highly doubt the likes of Amo, Reno, Albertz etc were singing IRA songs before signing for us. 

Catholic people in Ireland dont even sing IRA songs.

It is the plastic paddies here that promote all their rhebel oirish... but have never actually stepped a foot on the island nor even looked into their own ancestry.