Rangers FC should be proud of our Protestant 'leanings'!

I think the club is responsible for this nonsense that we shouldn't LINK Rangers with Protestantism! It's got to the point were no-one at Rangers FC will even mention the word Protestant!!!

We should be rejoicing our links with Protestanism, and rejoicing our links with the Orange Walks - NO NEED TO BE ASHAMED OF EITHER!!! :Edwinb2:

My take on it is that Rangers weren't formed as a Protestant club - our leanings were a reaction to the Tarriers across the City, people said "if they're proud to be Tims, then why shouldn't we be proud of our religion, and why shouldn't WE have a team..."!

We should rejoice in our Protestant Leanings - but we aren't exclusively a Proddie team, there's plenty of the Asian and Jewish Faiths that follow Rangers (probably because of our 'supposed' link to the Tory Party...)

Everyone is welcome at our great club - WE AREN'T SECTARIAN!!! :pipegreen:

I think the club is responsible for this nonsense that we shouldn't LINK Rangers with Protestantism! It's got to the point were no-one at Rangers FC will even mention the word Protestant!!!

We should be rejoicing our links with Protestanism, and rejoicing our links with the Orange Walks - NO NEED TO BE ASHAMED OF EITHER!!! :Edwinb2:

My take on it is that Rangers weren't formed as a Protestant club - our leanings were a reaction to the Tarriers across the City, people said "if they're proud to be Tims, then why shouldn't we be proud of our religion, and why shouldn't WE have a team..."!

We should rejoice in our Protestant Leanings - but we aren't exclusively a Proddie team, there's plenty of the Asian and Jewish Faiths that follow Rangers (probably because of our 'supposed' link to the Tory Party...)

Everyone is welcome at our great club - WE AREN'T SECTARIAN!!! :pipegreen:

spot on the taigs shout it from the rooftop yet if we shout, then we are just big bad proddy bigots.

Why should we be proud to have links to any religion?

Nothing wrong with being Protestant, Catholic, Jewish or any other religion but why bring it to the football?

When I lived down south one of the first questions I would be asked is which team do I follow, I say Rangers and normally I get a response of being a Protestant. Being non-religious I honestly hate having this casted over myself as I'm a footie fan.

Why should we be proud to have links to any religion?

Nothing wrong with being Protestant, Catholic, Jewish or any other religion but why bring it to the football?

When I lived down south one of the first questions I would be asked is which team do I follow, I say Rangers and normally I get a response of being a Protestant. Being non-religious I honestly hate having this casted over myself as I'm a footie fan.

We should be proud because of one simple fact - IT'S THE TRUTH!!

I'm an Atheist but still proud of my Protestant upbringing!

I don't like having to caste myself either - but i'm not ashamed of it ACTUALLY PROUD TO HOLD MY HAND UP AND SAY "PROTESTANT"!! :cool:

HaHaHaHa you've made me laugh, cheers man

Why call yourself a Protestant when your an Atheist?

Whats the truth?

I'm a Stubborn Atheist!

I say "Protestant" because i'm not ashamed of our links - unlike the folk in control of Rangers!!! I went to a Protestant School so I'M A PROTESTANT and whether or not i'm Atheist holds no meaning to most folk... They'll say "What Religion are you.." and i can say "I'm an Atheist.." and they'll say "Aye, but what kinda school did you go to Protestant or Catholic..."

I'm not gonna deny my upbringing - just to appease the PC world!!!! :pipegreen:

When i fill in a questionairre i input 'Protestant' and i'm happy to do that! :cool: !!

HaHaHaHa you've made me laugh, cheers man

Why call yourself a Protestant when your an Atheist?

Whats the truth?

Cos heez full a pesh :classier_than_pipeguy:

There talks Bin PISH, the man who understands fuck all - but has an opinion on everything... :lol:

Bin PISH has still to come on the Debate Forum and defend his THICK OPINION ON STOPPING AID TO COUNTRIES WHERE FUNDAMENTALISM IS A PROBLEM!

Just don't ask him any pertinent questions YOU'LL JUST GET THE USUAL SHITE!!!!

Im a Proddy but a Billy Boy tae.....there is no end to your drivel

Who are you tryin tae convince...you dont fool me pal :pipegreen:

Fooling you...

Why on earth would anyone WANT TO fool you? It's hardly a challenge FOOLING A FOOL!!!

I just let you off the hook earlier, because i got a few PM's from people feeling sorry for you!!! Do i have to catch you again and give you a few slaps or will i let you swim away and catch you again another day? I MIGHT WANT TO DO SOME EASY FISHING TOMORROW! :lol::cool:

Spot on - and I've always liked the colour Orange and Dutch football but get tarred with the same brush when I want to show this by wearing a dutch shirt - really annoys me

Fooling you...

Why on earth would anyone WANT TO fool you? It's hardly a challenge FOOLING A FOOL!!!

I just let you off the hook earlier, because i got a few PM's from people feeling sorry for you!!! Do i have to catch you again and give you a few slaps or will i let you swim away and catch you again another day? I MIGHT WANT TO DO SOME EASY FISHING TOMORROW! :lol::cool:

Feck the PMs get then oan here ya clown :lol: ...yer tellin porkies again :classier_than_pipeguy:

Fooling you...

Feck the PMs get then oan here ya clown :lol: ...yer tellin porkies again :classier_than_pipeguy:

De Fish is full of De Pish... :lol:

I've had you dangling all day - and i feel sorry for you as well!!! :(

I'll let you swim away noow YA POOR FANNY!!

Fooling you...

De Fish is full of De Pish... :lol:

I've had you dangling all day - and i feel sorry for you as well!!! :(

I'll let you swim away noow YA POOR FANNY!!

Aye you wish...none of ye huv got it in yeez

Ooooo av got the fish danglin...aye right pal, get another thread on thepesh started :lol:

Horse is correct, we have a protestant history, dont deny it its a fact and thats what he is saying, we are not exclusive but it is our history and I for one am proud of it.

As for picking holes in his case, I do that on the debate forum when there are holes to pick, but not on this one, he said he was brought up a protestant and proud of his upbringing, but he now is an atheist.

To me that says he's proud of his upbringing and family, but made a life choice not to follow the ways of his parents, he wasnt advocating anythingelse

So Horse...

You are advocating a belief system for our club which you yourself have chosen to reject ?

Can't speak for Horsey D'Art, but a while back I had a wee thing going with a lady who told me she's an 'ethnic Hindu' - a weegie though, and when I pressed her she told me she loves being part of that Community, that it's an essential part of her character and she enjoys the get togethers and the clothes (which I think look great :Animation44-dont over use: ).

Made me think that although I've left the 'God' thing behind, I'm probably an 'ethnic Presbyterian'.

And I'm very comfortable with Rangers' Protestant heritage, but I don't think I really need to tell you that.

As for Horse, keep on fishing ;)