Rangers Vs Coleraine - Match Report

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

I know it was only a bounce game but it worries me that Pedro is continuing with a 4-3-3.

Why? 433 with an actual decent squad would work well imo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

".............the right stimulations, the right adaptations and the right decisions."   Interesting to see who didn't seem to be involved (other than Thompson no subs seem to be mentioned).    For instance, no Hodson, no Kiernan, no Forrester, no Crooks, and no Garner.    Cases perhaps of not getting enough of the right stimulations, right adaptations and right decisions with the result that they edge closer to exit?   Maybe some of those who did play are only there on borderline or to make up numbers pending new arrivals.   I can't readily believe that players like Waghorn, Windass, O'Halleran and Halliday are the sort of players who are capable of lifting their game to achieve a consistent 7 or better out of 10 performances for Pedro and who 'get' the way Pedro is looking to have the game played.     

6 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

".............the right stimulations, the right adaptations and the right decisions."   Interesting to see who didn't seem to be involved (other than Thompson no subs seem to be mentioned).    For instance, no Hodson, no Kiernan, no Forrester, no Crooks, and no Garner.    Cases perhaps of not getting enough of the right stimulations, right adaptations and right decisions with the result that they edge closer to exit?   Maybe some of those who did play are only there on borderline or to make up numbers pending new arrivals.   I can't readily believe that players like Waghorn, Windass, O'Halleran and Halliday are the sort of players who are capable of lifting their game to achieve a consistent 7 or better out of 10 performances for Pedro and who 'get' the way Pedro is looking to have the game played.     

Hodson was on international duty up until last week so I don't think he has joined up for pre-season yet.

34 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Graham Spiers disnae like this.....

Screenshot at 2017-04-30 19-47-18.png

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

There's different variations of it of course, but generally teams will play 5 in the midfield and outnumber us. 

Teams in Scotland generally sit very far back against us and Celtic, and they're often too slow to get the ball up quickly and counter-attack. I think that's a big reason why Celtic went unbeaten domestically playing a 4-3-3. The trouble with us last season is that our midfield weren't tough enough and we didn't get the ball up quick enough to overrun teams like Ross County etc.

Just now, Young Bob said:

Perhaps he is a better fullback?

Like I said im pretty sure he won't be. Tav is a shite defender and probably not good enough for us but if it came to picking him or moh at right back I think I'd go for tav. Maybe waghorn would be better at left back as he's an awful striker? Just using your logic.