Rangers Vs Coleraine - Match Report

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shouldn't really place any credence on a preseason practice game but slightly worrying that you can still run a coach and horses through our defence.  Although we dominated throughout, Coleraine had some excellent chances which if they had taken, may have been a bit embarrassing.  

Not a great favourite with me but thought Holt was the standout, looked very sharp.  Kranjcar looked classy but, on evidence of this showing, willl need others around him to makeup for his lack of pace and work rate.  Thought Windass looked sharp and busy also when he came on.

Cant say I was greatly impressed by either of our Portugese recruits but far to early to make any firm judgements.

5 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Shouldn't really place any credence on a preseason practice game but slightly worrying that you can still run a coach and horses through our defence.  Although we dominated throughout, Coleraine had some excellent chances which if they had taken, may have been a bit embarrassing.  

Not a great favourite with me but thought Holt was the standout, looked very sharp.  Kranjcar looked classy but, on evidence of this showing, willl need others around him to makeup for his lack of pace and work rate.  Thought Windass looked sharp and busy also when he came on.

Cant say I was greatly impressed by either of our Portugese recruits but far to early to make any firm judgements.

Don't worry.

Capture.PNG

Just watched the game there and already I can't wait to see Rossiter back playing, I know they say on here a player gets better the more he's out but he's winning balls all over the park, coupled with Pena and Dorrans our midfield looks ten times better than last year! 

Cardoso seemed a bit shaky to me when tested defensively. But it's one game, it's a friendly and the first of the season. Not going to get too worried. He was assured on the ball and seemed to communicate well.

Dalcio was probably our poorest player on the day, but again it's early days.

I thought Jack, Rossiter, Windass, Tavernier and McKay all had great games. Kranjcar's passing is unbelievable at times, if we can fit him in the team and find a way to use that ability it will be a massive asset.

Pedro seems like the kind of manager who will assess our opponent and pick a squad who can exploit their weaknesses and combat their strengths. He has a lot of midfield/attacking options and hopefully he'll make smart use of them.