Escobar

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

All based on a quick Google search of them. Going by last year's EL performance I'd prefer to avoid them in the draw.

Mate your better than that , its a sad sad day when a fellow Bear would like to avoid the likes of them 

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/europa-league-draw-preview/

ALMOST six years on since Rangers’ last competitive European outing, continental football returns to Ibrox this season in the shape of the Europa League.

It’s been a long and, at times, painful journey back to playing in a UEFA competition, but the excitement can at last begin in earnest on Monday with the draw for the first qualifying round.

In all, 100 sides enter this stage, with Rangers in the top half of the draw as one of the 50 seeded clubs.

Previously, the draw was roughly regionalised, however, it appears this will not be the case at this stage this year. Therefore, all of the Light Blues’ potential opponents are as follows:

Siroki Brijeg – Bosnia and Herzegovina

CS Fola Esch – Luxembourg

Differdange 03 – Luxembourg

Shkendija Tetovo – Macedonia

Nova Gorica – Slovenia

Sutjeska Niksic – Montenegro

Pyunik Yerevan – Armenia

Dunav Ruse – Bulgaria

Partizani Tirana – Albania

Mladost Lucani – Serbia

Shamrock Rovers – Republic of Ireland

Flora Tallinn – Estonia

Chikhura Sachkhere – Georgia

Lincoln Red Imps – Gibraltar

FK Jelgava – Latvia

SJK Seinäjoki – Finland

Cork City – Republic of Ireland

Zeta Golubovci – Montenegro

B36 Torshavn – Faroe Islands

MFK Ruzomberok – Slovakia

Derry City – Republic of Ireland

FK Liepaja – Latvia

Zaria Balti – Moldova

VPS Vaasa – Finland

Valur Reykjavik – Iceland

Vasas Budapest – Hungary

Atlantas Klaipeda – Lithuania

Suduva Marijampole – Lithuania

SK Tirana – Albania

Gandzasar Kapan – Armenia

Torpedo Kutaisi – Georgia

FK Trakai – Lithuania

Tre Penne – San Marino

Bala Town – Wales

Dinamo Batumi – Georgia

NSI Runavik – Faroe Islands

Balzan FC – Malta

Connah’s Quay – Wales

Bangor City – Wales

UE Santa Coloma – Andorra

Progrès Niederkorn – Luxembourg

Pelister Bitolan – Macedonia

Folgore – San Marino

Floriana – Malta

Coleraine – Northern Ireland

Ballymena United – Northern Ireland

Sant Julià – Andorra

KI Klaksvik – Faroe Islands

St Joseph’s FC – Gibraltar

FC Prishtina – Kosovo

The draw for the second qualifying round will also be made tomorrow. This round features 66 teams (the 50 qualifying teams from the first qualifying round as well as 16 new entrants), and again is split into seeded and unseeded teams (33 of each).

Rangers will be unseeded for this stage, with the 16 new entrants plus the winners of the 17 ties with the highest seeded clubs from the first qualifying rounds the seeded clubs in this instance. Aberdeen come in at this stage, who Gers obviously can’t face, meaning they could play one of these 11 teams…

Utrecht – Netherlands

Galatasaray – Turkey

Luzern – Switzerland

Mlada Boleslav – Czech Republic

Panionios – Greece

Astra Giurgiu – Romania

Sturm Graz – Austria

Hajduk Split – Croatia

Apollon Limassol – Cyprus

Brondby – Denmark

Gabala – Azerbaijan

…As well as the winners of the ties involving these 20 clubs from the first round, with the winners of the tie involving the seeded St Johnstone excluded.

Maccabi Tel Aviv – Israel

Midtjylland – Denmark

Dinamo Minsk – Belarus

Lech Poznań – Poland

HJK Helsinki – Finland

AIK Stockholm – Sweden

Vojvodina – Serbia

Videoton – Hungary

AEL Limassol – Cyprus

Shakhtyor Soligorsk – Belarus

Slovan Bratislava – Slovakia

Red Star Belgrade – Serbia

Trenčín – Slovakia

Skënderbeu Korçë – Albania

Rheindorf Altach – Austria

AEK Larnaca – Cyprus

Inter Baku – Azerbaijan

Beitar Jerusalem – Israel

Ventspils – Latvia

Odd – Norway

Monday’s draw will be held in the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland. The order of the ties should also become clear at the same time (i.e home or away leg first).

Just now, boyd09 said:

Mate your better than that , its a sad sad day when a fellow Bear would like to avoid the likes of them 

If we had some decent pre-season friendlies under our belts and the big hitters were in the team I wouldn't care. But having to depend on Waghorn, Halliday etc in the early rounds gives me the fear.

Just now, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

If we had some decent pre-season friendlies under our belts and the big hitters were in the team I wouldn't care. But having to depend on Waghorn, Halliday etc in the early rounds gives me the fear.

I know its early for us and they are half way through there season , but we are Rangers if we cant beat the likes of them we shouldnt be in Europe 

I agree about some of our players but big Niko would stroll about against this lot  I dont think waghorn and Halliday  would start if Iam honest  not saying they are the answer but if we dont have our new signings Miller and Hardie would score against this lot    

2 minutes ago, boyd09 said:

I know its early for us and they are half way through there season , but we are Rangers if we cant beat the likes of them we shouldnt be in Europe 

I agree about some of our players but big Niko would stroll about against this lot  I dont think waghorn and Halliday  would start if Iam honest  not saying they are the answer but if we dont have our new signings Miller and Hardie would score against this lot    

I still remember going 3-0 down to Shelbourne in Dick's first game. Luckily back then we had the ability to come back to win 5-3. If we went down 3-0 this time we'd be fucked!

PS I hope you're right about Halliday and Waghorn.

2 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I still remember going 3-0 down to Shelbourne in Dick's first game. Luckily back then we had the ability to come back to win 5-3. If we went down 3-0 this time we'd be fucked!

PS I hope you're right about Halliday and Waghorn.

Now that was a good day out in tranmere  I thought how are we going to live this down , Yes different times different Players , couldnt see this current squad at this moment coming back from 3 goals hopefully that doesnt happen next season   

16 minutes ago, GabeMc said:

Same club, mate. Same stadium, fans, songs...even kept some of the players. But don't take my word for it:

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=50121/profile/

The club were liquidated, Gabe.

Believe me, I hurt as much as you did but I've moved on since then.