*** Erskine Ibrox Day Out - Match report

govanblue

And here is the News.

Tonight, read by Iain McG from Erskine Bishopton...

Bishtour1.thumb.jpg.639d389cced3d8db6593

The Residents of Pearson House, Erskine Bishopton had a great day out at Ibrox on Tuesday.

Bishtour2.thumb.jpg.0fec901d600f29c7f69c

The following faces have been blurred - not to protect their identity, but because I think the photographer had had one half too many!

Bishtour4.thumb.jpg.959707c1a6f1eaecff4c

Artist's reconstruction:

Bishtour3.thumb.jpg.4ac9c852d1c6406191eb

Business news now...

Bishtour5.thumb.jpg.42f787ca8ba1f3eda55e

Now over to our reporter, live from the naughty seat...

Bishtour6.thumb.jpg.dc8ede6234e4700d1f34

Archives:

Erskine were delighted to discover that one of the medals that they presented to Rangers a few months ago...

15589976_1146019388848280_30363244629051

...  is indeed proudly on display in the trophy room...

Bishtour7.thumb.jpg.eb4d6f4af6d48cd262d1

And now the Sport.

Here's Old Iain (He's 82 btw) just reminding us all that he's still got it. :lol:

Bishtour8.thumb.jpg.a5051cce41cc4e5b152a

(Sadly' I've had to crop the picture, cos it's just too hot for you guys to handle - and no, I'm not PMing it to you. :p: )

Phew, after all that, I bet they had an appetite...

Bishtour10.thumb.jpg.88d46d7ed78fa3e398c

Luckily the RangersMedia Erskine Fund had laid on a 3 course meal and a pint for everyone.  :cheers:

We're already planning the next one.

And that's why we need your donation!

And tonight's headlines again...

Bishtour9.thumb.jpg.d82f1362801cac7cb060

[camera 1 zoom in for product close-up]

Bishtour12.thumb.jpg.661cc8f16abff4921b70dea6bf2eb1b1.jpg

To donate towards our next Erskine Ibrox Day Out, read here...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/306989-rangersmedia-erskine-fund- the-official-201718-season-pre-season-training-starts-here/

:rangers:

Class mate....absolutely class.

The work you guys do for these amazing people is simply superb and makes me so proud to be a Bear.

You guys deserve some recognition of some sort if not a knighthood for the work you do.

@thedude maybe you could highlight this in some of your articles as some positive press ?

37 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Class mate....absolutely class.

The work you guys do for these amazing people is simply superb and makes me so proud to be a Bear.

You guys deserve some recognition of some sort of not a knighthood for the work you do.

@thedude maybe you could highlight this in some of your articles as some positive press ?

tbh - not seeking recognition (exteranlly at least!) is, I think, a large part of the secret of our success.  

There's always a heavy price to pay for fame. :pipe:

And anyway, See that medal in the Rangers Trophy case?  Well I got mine before them!! :mutley:

GB_Medal2_zpsagfttyl2.jpg

Oh, I forgot....

There was a message along with those photos...

On behalf of all the Veterans who attended an absolutely fabulous day out at Ibrox for the tour and then the Argyle Restaurant for a 3 course lunch (and of a course some wee goldies that the guys loved), I wish everyone from RangersMedia  could have been there to witness the happiness it brought into their lives, as for most of them it was on their Erskine Wish List, which you and everyone in the RM Fund have made possible so many times over the years.  Keep up the fab work, as without your help it just wouldn't be possible .

THANKS A MILLION TIMES OVER GUYS AND GIRLS

PEARSON HOUSE STAFF, BILLY AT REC AND KENNY TRANSPORT

AND OF COURSE ALL OUR ERSKINE VETERANS  WE OWE SO MUCH TO

- ERSKINE HOME BISHOPTON

...like to thank our Tour Guide and all the staff in the Argyle Resturant from all at Pearson House, Erskine Bishopton

I know your not seeking any recognition mate but its so fantastic and admirable the work you do .

I can only stand back on total admiration mate.

This is the sort of things that unite us as a support and remind us of some true values.

Keep up the good work as it doesn't go unnoticed. 

15 minutes ago, jamess said:

Were you brought up in East Germany and joined the stazi from school?

from Kindergarten. :p:

Have you ever noticed that I always call The People "Folk" :craphead:

And capitalise all my Nouns! :sherlock:

4 minutes ago, govanblue said:

from kindergarten. :p:

Have you ever noticed that I always call The People "Folk" :craphead:

And capitalise all my Nouns! :sherlock:

Thought so, had your number for a while.  But can't question the results of your surveillance and control.  Your methods work big time.

1 minute ago, jamess said:

Thought so, had your number for a while.  But can't question the results of your surveillance and control.  Your methods work big time.

The fact that you're free to think that, should indicate that we don't consider you a threat at this time.

Although we do consider some of your bedroom habits unpatriotic.  

:lol:

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

But by a weird coincidence - and totally off topic -  I'm actually watching this at the moment...

Cunning tactics -  keep the trouble makers busy for 1hr 29 min watching a video while you work on the others.

I had the privilege of visiting Erskine Home at Bishopton yesterday and met a few of the veterans (some of whom are in the above pictures). Let me re-iterate how grateful these guys are for the generosity of the members of RangersMedia who support govanblue's efforts (not forgetting  Zetland's efforts too). They were so happy to blether away about the football and the coming season and how much the days out (not only to the matches) mean to them. It really was humbling to see how much of a difference we, as a group here, are making to the guys whose service has made a difference to us and the way we live. 

Also a wee word for the staff too, the Erskine home is a credit to all the people that work there and those that support it. The place was immaculate, relaxed and appeared to be an enjoyable place for our veterans. The staff made us feel so welcome and again they could not stress how much we at RangersMedia mean to the people at Erskine.

At the moment it appears to be fashionable to have a pop at our club and our supporters but yesterday I saw how much we are appreciated by people that really do matter. We should never forget that.