Player Performances Review (Indoors match)

It's from a tarrier who played against us this week but he points out genuine views on some of the players....

The 32-year-old admits he should have scored when he ran clean through one-on-one on goal after peeling away from Cardoso – then joked he wouldn’t make the same mistake at Ibrox.

Bradley said: “It was a great experience to play against the likes of Cardoso and Dalcio. I am glad Rangers gave them an outing and played a strong team.

“It is hard to judge or gauge anybody on 45 minutes of pre-season football.

“Cardoso and Dalcio were playing with their new team-mates for the first time and they will definitely improve.

“They both looked very comfortable on the ball and have decent technique.

Rangers playmaker Niko Kranjcar with manager Pedro Caixinha in training

“I was impressed enough with the Portuguese boys and they both look as if they will be good signings and do a real job for Rangers.

“I think Cardoso in particular will benefit greatly from having the vastly experienced Bruno Alves alongside him in central defence.

“Cardoso is only 23 but you can see that there is a real tidy player in there. Dalcio flitted in and out of proceedings but he has a really nice touch and looked handy enough.

“I actually got in behind Cardoso a couple of times and I really should have scored. I know Coleraine lost 5-0 but to tell you the truth 5-3 would have been a more accurate reflection.

“We created some very good goal-scoring opportunities.

“I ran though one-on-one and tried a wee dink but clipped the crossbar and the ball went over the top. I am sure it was worth a point in Gaelic football!

“Coleraine would now love to land Rangers in the Europa League qualifiers. That would be our dream draw.

“I’m a massive Celtic fan but a lot of our players, board members and supporters are all Rangers fans.

“I have great craic with them and they would love a tie against Rangers.

“It would be amazing for everybody at Coleraine if we got the chance to play them again.

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha

Read More

How Pedro Caixinha's revamped Rangers will line up for the forthcoming campaign

“I hope the Europa League draw is kind to us and we get our wish.

“I definitely wouldn’t miss if I ran clean through at Ibrox – I wouldn’t be able to contain myself!

“All my mates are Celtic supporters and I’m sure they’d be in the crowd.

“You never know if I played well in game of that magnitude then the Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers might even give me a call!”

However, Bradley revealed that it was some of the Light Blues’ tried and tested stars who really caught the eye during the run-out.

The Irishman was impressed by the likes of Barrie McKay, Joe Dodoo, Josh Windass as well as the returning Niko Kranjcar. But he still has reservations over the Croatian midfielder’s fitness levels following his injury lay-off.

Rangers target Mark Allen turned the tide in Manchester and can convince youths to choose Gers over Glasgow rivals

Bradley said: “Pedro Caixinha shaped Rangers up in a 4-5-1 formation with Kenny Miller playing out wide right.

“The Rangers assistant coach Helder Baptista was the more animated of the two managers.

“Baptista was the one doing all the shouting and instructing the players on the park.

“Caixinha never really opened his mouth and he just seemed to take it all in his stride.

“You never heard Caixinha once and he never left his seat all afternoon until the end when he shook everybody by the hand and wished us good luck for the season.

“Caixinha scrutinised everything intently and he appeared to be taking mental notes of everything"

“As for the game I liked the look of McKay as he is just different class and a real footballer.

“You just know Barrie is a quality player and he always had time on the ball and just drifted past players with ease.

“At times he looks a bit disinterested but then he just comes alive.

“He was the real stand-out in the Rangers team.

“Kranjcar also played and he while he looks great on the ball he still doesn’t look as if he is 100 per cent fit to me.

“He is just coming back from a bad cruciate ligament injury though. Kranjcar still possesses a great first touch and can still spread and pass the ball around.

“He looks decent when he has time to do that but it won’t be so easy if Scott Brown is nipping away at your ankles.

Pedro Caixinha will have Rangers fired-up and ready for our punishing Europa League schedule, says Ryan Jack

“Windass was a player that I liked and he looked very good. Dodoo was another one who was on really good form during the game.

“Thursday was a great day for everybody at the club. It was brilliant to play against Rangers.

“We are a part-time team and we gave a decent account of ourselves and it was good to go head-to-head with a strong side.

“Now we are all just hoping and praying that Coleraine pull Rangers out of the hat in Monday’s Europa League qualifying draw.

“That would be great as we would all love another journey across to Glasgow this season"

I'd like to echo his sentiments that Coleraine are hoping to draw us on Monday. 50,000 at Ibrox is a far different occasion than behind closed doors at Auchenhowie, especially for a part-time side. 10-0, Garner to score 6.

3 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

I'd like to echo his sentiments that Coleraine are hoping to draw us on Monday. 50,000 at Ibrox is a far different occasion than behind closed doors at Auchenhowie, especially for a part-time side. 10-0, Garner to score 6.

Garner disnae play for us...........

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

FFS a tarrier and he never called us sevco once.

What he says about McKay is true but he only shows it in dribs and drabs. This could be his biggest ever season coming up 

If he doesn't sign a contract he should be moved on

58 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Got as far as "it's from a tarrier" and stopped reading .....we have officially hit rock bottom with the threads in this place:duh:

It's from a fucking player who just played against us giving what appears a decent assessment of a view on opposition.

It's not an anti Rangers piece ffs.

But if your uberness prevents you reading about our players in a game most of us didn't see them fill your boots.

2 hours ago, MisterBlueSky said:

"I actually got in behind Cardoso a couple of times and I really should have scored. I know Coleraine lost 5-0 but to tell you the truth 5-3 would have been a more accurate reflection.

Aye, cos i'm sure Rangers never missed any chances.

6 hours ago, AyrshireBlue said:

"In behind Cardoso"

He wishes the fuckin batty boy..

He actually did, and not only him, as I said in the " what player excites you most" thread, Cardoso didn't look to clever, and looked slow, I hope my bad feeling about him disapates quickly.

3 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

He actually did, and not only him, as I said in the " what player excites you most" thread, Cardoso didn't look to clever, and looked slow, I hope my bad feeling about him disapates quickly.

Thinking the exact same thing hopefully it's just cause it's pre-season and nothing to look into