Which new signing excites you the most?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to taking Ryan Jack to Pitttodrie.

Love the stark difference in attitude between him joining us and Hayes going to them.

Hayes gets all the "thanks Jonny, all the best" messages but Jack is a judas. 

The rest of Scottish football will forever live in our shadow and they can't even hide their disdain and bitterness. Love it.

6 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Looking forward to taking Ryan Jack to Pitttodrie.

Love the stark difference in attitude between him joining us and Hayes going to them.

Hayes gets all the "thanks Jonny, all the best" messages but Jack is a judas. 

The rest of Scottish football will forever live in our shadow and they can't even hide their disdain and bitterness. Love it.

Aye but he got them a fee ? and then you're like 'fuck off ya water balloon, he's still strengthening your supposed biggest rivals' ??

Just now, King Jela said:

Aye but he got them a fee ? and then you're like 'fuck off ya water balloon, he's still strengthening your supposed biggest rivals' ??

Aye, they're a fickle wee support who've developed some sort of love-in with the unwashed over the last few seasons. 

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Perhaps big Bruno is his best pal and tapped him up sure he has enough cash now to play for 20k a week ?

I'm certain Ronaldo could survive playing for free given how rich he is but we don't have £200m to pay Real Madrid for him. ?

Morelos . Think we've been missing a prolific/natural goalscorer like a Boyd or McCoist . Morelos could be that man , hopefully . 

Slightly OT , but I think Jack will surprise a lot of people and be our most underrated signing .

5 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Morelos . Think we've been missing a prolific/natural goalscorer like a Boyd or McCoist . Morelos could be that man , hopefully . 

Slightly OT , but I think Jack will surprise a lot of people and be our most underrated signing .

Morelos for me, like you said we haven't had a prolific goalscorer since Boyd, it would be a great feeling again if this lad becomes the real deal.....imagining going into every game with a player you are confident if scoring most weeks:bow:

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Morelos for me, like you said we haven't had a prolific goalscorer since Boyd, it would be a great feeling again if this lad becomes the real deal.....imagining going into every game with a player you are confident if scoring most weeks:bow:

I know , it seems ages since we had such a player , specially when we're really talking about Boyd's first time here .

I am surprised people are so excited about a 20 year old Colombian from the Finnish leagues. 

Honestly the only player we have signed that I have heard of was Alves. Didn't even know anything about Ryan Jack. 

I am excited about the new season but not particularly because of any individual signing. I just like that we seem to have identified the problem areas and moved to strengthen them. I like that Pedro take nae shite from the pre-madonnas and for better or for worse he is stamping his mark on the team. 

If pedro is unsuccessful it won't be because he wasn't backed by the board 

Teams like Aberdeen stood back as cellic shafted the rest of the league, and stood back when they took players from the likes of Hibs and Dundee United only cause they could, yet now the dons are slagging us for allowing a player to move on to a team where he could actually win things. I would say they're second rate, but they couldn't even do that properly in our absence. Now third rate and on the slippery slopes, good riddance. 

Ryan Jack for me symbolises for me our real return to competing as Scotland's best. 

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Alfredo Morelos.:happy:

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

no one likes a spellchecker :lol:  YOu kow what I meant.  I will start calling him Alfred.

Funnily enough there is actually a player called Alfredo Morales too. Plays for FC Ingolstadt. Found him when I spelt Morelos wrong as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfredo_Morales

Just now, OhW said:

Funnily enough there is actually a player called Alfredo Morales too. Plays for FC Ingolstadt. Found him when I spelt Morelos wrong as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfredo_Morales

Fuxache, hope we got the right one. Would it be possible for a manager to sign the wrong guy, especially a really famous manager once connected to Rangers ?

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

It's between him and having Alves and Cardoso in defence. Really want to have a solid defence again.

Tbh seeing how the entire team ends up being excites me. 

2 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Pena and Morelos. 

Tbh all of them are intsresting. Like Williamson said as well, i'm desperate to see us solid at the back again. It's something we really took for granted with Walter, on our day we could shut out just about any team in the world from about 2007-10. For the rebuild we're undertaking and the gap we need to close becoming hard to beat has to be first priority, we were probably the easiest team in the league to prepare for last season. 

I just got a sickly feeling last night as I watched the extended highlights of the Colraine closed door game, and was shocked at how easily Colraine's forwards were able to get onto balls lofted over the top, if their forwards weren't so poor they could easily scored a couple, I know it was only a friendly but Cardoso didn't look to clever, I hope to God that I'm not reading to much into this.