U13s in Germany.

jcb

33 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

Heard it was 0-0 and they lost on penalties.

You are right. 3-1 on penalties although it seems to have been a slightly unusual shootout with it being a 3 penalty shoot out rather than the usual 5.  

9 hours ago, BallochBear said:

FFS, it's always about winning for the Germans, they can't take defeat, it shows weakness.

Winning is a by product of development for their younger teams. If it comes, great but they're more interested in getting kids into the right habits for future 

5 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Winning is a by product of development for their younger teams. If it comes, great but they're more interested in getting kids into the right habits for future 

Believe me mate I am a senior manager for a worldwide German headquartered organisation and they always want to win at everything and make it a habit.

1 hour ago, BallochBear said:

Believe me mate I am a senior manager for a worldwide German headquartered organisation and they always want to win at everything and make it a habit.

That's got fuck all to do with football to be fair.

Even Scottish kids football is trying to catch up with our European counterparts and make early years football more technique orientated than about winning.

Hard when the fathers are all about win at all costs. But I've no doubt the Germans are well ahead of us in the long game than we are.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Yes, one of which is winning.

1 hour ago, BallochBear said:

Oh, don't get me wrong they like to win, but at kids football it's not seen as the most important thing.  I'm not long back from 10 years there and being involved in kids football for most of it.  A conversation I had with a particular coach still resonates...we'd just won a game and was chatting, we (as always) were complimented on our desire but we were "warned" not to play them in 10 years as "technically our players will be far superior". When you see how the structure of youth football is set up over there it's not really a surprise they're in it for the long game.

6 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Just be glad that you lived through both wars mate.

I'll outlive you ya cheeky young bassa if you keep that up :guns:

Hope you are keeping well, young Deccy :cheers: Looking forward to the new season, or dreading it?:hmmm: