MILLER:This is not ideal for Rangers

KENNY MILLER: THIS CAXINHA DECISION IS NOT IDEAL FOR RANGERS

Rangers forward Kenny Miller states that it is not “ideal” for the club to be undergoing a huge summer overhaul of players.

Manager Pedro Caxinha has decided to make drastic changes at Ibrox ahead of next season and has already recruited five new players, with several more still expected to follow.

Bruno Alves, Ryan Jack, Fabio Cardoso, Dalcio and Daniel Candeias have all agreed deals with the Scottish giants.

Portuguese boss Caixinha has been keen to bring in players he can trust and four of the new additions are from his homeland.

Gets striker Miller believes that so many new faces at the club is not an ideal move, but accepts that Caixinha’s decision may be necessary as they need vast improvements next season.

“Is it ideal bringing ten players in? No, it’s not, but if that’s what the manager feels is right, we’ve got to roll with it and make sure it works,” Miller said, as quoted by the Scottish Sun. “You can’t mump and moan because we’re signing players, because clearly we need to sign players.

“With how far back we were last year, we need better players and we need better competition in the team.”

Miller, 37, was one of the few players last season to standout for Rangers despite his age.

The forward made 47 appearances across all competitions, scoring 14 goals and supplying eight assists in return.

He was unable to prevent Rangers going through the campaign without any silverware and saw them slip to third in their league table.

The Ibrox outfit finished a huge 39 points adrift of table toppers Celtic and have a huge deficit to overturn if they want to compete with Brendan Rodgers’ side next year.

We're needed gutted head to toe in my opinion. Is Caixinha doing the right thing?

“Communication in the team is key. So that will have to be addressed. But if there’s an understanding of what we’re trying to do, if we’re all on the same page, it’ll make it a lot easier.

“Some teams gel rapidly, with others it takes longer.

“Is it ideal bringing in 10 new players? No, it’s not. But if that’s what the manager feels is right at this time, we have to roll with it and make it work.”

they don't even try anymore, I would say that first bit is pretty key to giving context to what Miller was talking about. Scummy pricks.

The full interview is in the other rhag, and is actually worth a read with some of Millers thoughts on the new boys.

Can someone else copy and paste?

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

After sitting through that absolute shit-show last season i would say it's absolutely ideal to change the whole team more or less.

You're missing the point mate.

It's essential that we change the team, but it isn't ideal.

Ideally we would have a fair percentage of the team already settled and good enough, and only have to bring in a couple to imporve it.  But we don't, so we have to change,  definitely not ideal.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

You're missing the point mate.

It's essential that we change the team, but it isn't ideal.

Ideally we would have a fair percentage of the team already settled and good enough, and only have to bring in a couple to imporve it.  But we don't, so we have to change,  definitely not ideal.

No mate i get the point you (and Kenny) are making, but drastic times call for drastic measures.

What i mean is, say we signed 3 or 4 players to improve our very poor squad, because we didn't want to upset the squad with a huge turnover.

That would be less than ideal.

We cannot afford another disaster of a season like that.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No mate i get the point you (and Kenny) are making, but drastic times call for drastic measures.

What i mean is, say we signed 3 or 4 players to improve our very poor squad, because we didn't want to upset the squad with a huge turnover.

That would be less than ideal.

We cannot afford another disaster of a season like that.

I am not sure that you do,  or you are misunderstanding what "ideal" means.

Ideal is what would happen if things were going our way.  Essential is what we need to do.  They are two different things. There isn't a scenario out there where it's ideal that you change nearly your entire first team.

I think we were all saying that the whole team needed shifted apart from 3 or 4. It's now happening as it's what's required and yes it's not the usual way or the easy way but we just need to hope Pedro has got it spot on and the squad click from the first competitive 90 minutes.

We do need to believe this is going to work as those cunts with back to back trebles would fkn destroy me.

9 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I am not sure that you do,  or you are misunderstanding what "ideal" means.

Ideal is what would happen if things were going our way.  Essential is what we need to do.  They are two different things. There isn't a scenario out there where it's ideal that you change nearly your entire first team.

No, i do get the point.

I know in an ideal world it's not great to change an entire team.

That season we just had was anything but ideal, so obviously changes were required.

The headline is set to make it look like Kenny is having a go, which i'm sure he isn't.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No, i do get the point.

I know in an ideal world it's not great to change an entire team.

That season we just had was anything but ideal, so obviously changes were required.

The headline is set to make it look like Kenny is having a go, which i'm sure he isn't.

we are on the same page essentially mate.  the headline was definitely a bit of shenanigans.

8 minutes ago, gogzy said:

we are on the same page essentially mate.  the headline was definitely a bit of shenanigans.

Well here's hoping we see the new team quickly gel and hit the ground running to give them no option to print good headlines.

I just want to forget about last seasons disaster.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

The players needed changes Miller and the rest of the team let us down. As usual the Headline never really matches what he say's and is just click bait.

To say Miller let us down last season is absolute bollocks.