Macaroon Bars and Chewing Gum

54 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Remember going to a midweek game at the piggery , 79 or 80 I think , where they scored the only goal in the last minute and it literally rained bottles at the Rangers End.

Pretty sure someone got a serious injury at that one. But the amount of stuff thrown was unbelievable.  

Yip. It was a boy I went to school with who ended up with brain damage and the prick who threw it walked away probably unaware of the life that he had ruined...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Remember going to a midweek game at the piggery , 79 or 80 I think , where they scored the only goal in the last minute and it literally rained bottles at the Rangers End.

Pretty sure someone got a serious injury at that one. But the amount of stuff thrown was unbelievable.  

Mcgarvey last minute match .

12 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Yip. It was a boy I went to school with who ended up with brain damage and the prick who threw it walked away probably unaware of the life that he had ruined...

Really mate .That is brutal .Jesus I was there on many occasions with bottles whizzing past .That was extremely unlucky to happen and sad for the guy 

I remember a story from a previous thread about a few lads walking to an OF game and a gang of taigs start chasing them down the street until 2 Rangers buses stop and all the bears pile out to do them :lol:

My dad told me about when we played Milan in the 80s I think and he was on and bus to the game and as soon as they got to Milan every window on the bus got panned in and they had to drive home for 3 days in the middle of winter with no windows on the bus :lol:

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Really mate .That is brutal .Jesus I was there on many occasions with bottles whizzing past .That was extremely unlucky to happen and sad for the guy 

Yeah. Guy was a good footballer and all the other stuff and ended up being fed by his parents and although he recovered of sorts was obviously never the same again.  Scary thinking that it literally could have happened to anyone...

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Watched a pomagne bottle fly throw the air at Parkhead and head down towards the track where it smacked a copper full on the face. Poor cunt crumpled in a heap. Next day it was reported in Sunday Post that he suffered fractured jaw and broken nose, thankfully he recovered,

Imagine this copper was a bear and suffered this from one of his own. I just say this as my uncle was a copper and a bear. Still is a bear ?

Remember a wee :taig: signed for Hearts around 72 and came to Ibrox and sat on the ball,and almost positive Sandy J went out to get the wee cunt and he jumped up off the ball as Sandy got to him,put a ball in and hearts scored,all hell broke loose and a bottle skelped about 3 heads before it broke and there were cunts knocking lumps out of each other and I got knocked over and the polis just came running in grabbing bodies and I spent 2 nights in Helen Street and a £20 fine for a breach.
The fuckin taigs name was Bobby Prentice.

24 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Terrible what happened and to think all he did was go to a football match . Back then you really could be up against it at big matches and we usually stayed up the back of the terraces for that very reason . Thankfully times have changed since then . 

Remember going to Somerset early 70's and was pissed as a fart and was walking behind this guy playing his flute and we were having our very own Parade when I was rear ended by a van and knocked over,got up and kicked his headlight in,then had a look up to see 2 big polis in the van and one of them is heading out the door,so I decide to try and stop him getting out only for the other cunt to run round and grab me.
2 nights in Charlotte Street,Ayr and a £30 quid fine for BOP and malicious damage.

I remember being at cappielow in the late 80s and the wee pie seller(pies on a board thing with a neck strap)slipped down the grassy banking at the side of the terracing,pies went fucking everywhere,he just picked them up and shouted"er yir hoat pies".

24 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Watched a pomagne bottle fly throw the air at Parkhead and head down towards the track where it smacked a copper full on the face. Poor cunt crumpled in a heap. Next day it was reported in Sunday Post that he suffered fractured jaw and broken nose, thankfully he recovered,

Imagine this copper was a bear and suffered this from one of his own. I just say this as my uncle was a copper and a bear. Still is a bear ?

In those days mate . There would have been a 90% chance he was

Nowadays it would 60% that he wasn't

15 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yep. We had a disallowed goal too iirc . Redford , I think . 

We were shite that night mate in a boring game .

The one after few weeks later was the one that broke my heart . It will never heal

But it proves something was brewing that night

Quality thread.. my old mans told me some good stories about going to the games in the 60s and 70s I can remember him telling me about an old firm game once and there was a pitch invasion at the end with both sets of fans on the pitch having a bust up. Said he had to duck down as there was bottle after bottle going over his head.. sounds mental and would of loved to of seen it for myself to experience it! 

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Got arrested at that game for over reacting to their goal. Plod dragged me out the terracing and down on to the track. Marched me in front of the crowd, arms behind my back as they used to do in those days. What a buzz for a young drunken fan. Gave them plenty of verbal. "I've done nothing and I've got witnesses." About a half hour later, sitting outside in the police black mariah there was a bit of a kefuffle as my witnesses were led on board. Mates all arrested as well.

Because a boy had been seriously hurt the polis were arresting everyone they could. The cells were overflowing that night.

Got a lawyer and got off with the charges  :tu:

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

My dad told me about when we played Milan in the 80s I think and he was on and bus to the game and as soon as they got to Milan every window on the bus got panned in and they had to drive home for 3 days in the middle of winter with no windows on the bus :lol:

Just like when we played in Dublin. Every bus got stoned on the way back north. Windows all put in and bloody freezing. 

I remember the times well, we and my mates always stood in the Derry shed just near the under terrace exit except when we played them when due to the stench from them we moved to our end near the infamous stairway 13.

On the subject of the delicious comestables available there was always the guys with the cardboard boxes selling the 'fishal' milk chocolate spearmint chewing gum macaroon bars, and the ham and cheese rolls wrapped in cling film and probably made in his manky kitchen.

Oh happy days.  :dance:

11 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Just like when we played in Dublin. Every bus got stoned on the way back north. Windows all put in and bloody freezing. 

Indeed . Don't know if it was my imagination , but the garda took us out through every nook and crannie of dublin. 

Cant believe the penny didn't drop when we got off the ferry at Larne and the buses had been changed to old clapped out Ulsterbuses :lol: 

4 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Booze was tolerated but in my day you couldn't flaunt it like take a crate through the turnstile.

Was at a game when the cans and bottles were flying and saw a pommagne bottle smash on a blokes head. He just rubbed it and walked away without a cut. Some games were scary. If you watch a movie like 300 where they group under their shields while hundreds of arrows rain down it was like that except cans and bottles. I kid you not.

Edit: Hampden was the worst place. Not so bad at Ibrox

Happened to my mate at the end of the 1980 cup final. He was on the top of the fence ready to jump on to the track and a Pomagne bottle came flying down from the back of Section J and caught him full on the napper, although it didn't break. He fell back into the terracing then walked back up none the worse, too pished to feel any pain.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Indeed . Don't know if it was my imagination , but the garda took us out through every nook and crannie of dublin. 

Cant believe the penny didn't drop when we got off the ferry at Larne and the buses had been changed to old clapped out Ulsterbuses :lol: 

After the game there were 2 lines of garda and the support had to walk between them like a gauntlet. They then began to hit their shields with batons nice and slow. Then the tempo increased and the banging increased. Someone shouted run and as we did the garda chased us and laid into everyone with their batons. Fuck knows if they just dont like Rangers, or if someone did something to really piss them off, but they were dirty bullying bastards