• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Took far too long, BP9 gets more abuse and isn't anywhere near as bad as him.

Neither of them should be banned. I don't agree with some of WW's stuff, and he goes too far with things like this thread, but a ban? Sorry, but there's behaviour that's been alot worse than that towards various groups in the Politics section that hasn't resulted in a ban. If we're saying it only applies to comments made about the Orange Order or Rangers fans then we need to toughen up a bit. It's only the internet. 

I've heard Rangers fans with opinions like his before. They do exist, and they're entitled to their opinion. They should be argued with and shown up if you don't agree with them, not banned IMO. There is a line, but I don't believe he's crossed it.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Neither of them should be banned. I don't agree with some of WW's stuff, and he goes too far with things like this thread, but a ban? Sorry, but there's behaviour that's been alot worse than that towards various groups in the Politics section that hasn't resulted in a ban. If we're saying it only applies to comments made about the Orange Order or Rangers fans then we need to toughen up a bit. It's only the internet. 

I've heard Rangers fans with opinions like his before. They do exist, and they're entitled to their opinion. They should be argued with and shown up if you don't agree with them, not banned IMO. There is a line, but I don't believe he's crossed it.

Anything to do with OO, flute bands or whatever, he posts in just to be an utter cunt. 

"Along with exactly the kind of Rangers-supporting mutants who are the worst ever shat into creation; the ones who have been dragging the club down for donkeys years." That's ridiculous, cunt is as bad as a taig.

By far the worst poster on here since I joined.

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Good riddance he's a sanctimonious prick 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Anything to do with OO, flute bands or whatever, he posts in just to be an utter cunt. 

"Along with exactly the kind of Rangers-supporting mutants who are the worst ever shat into creation; the ones who have been dragging the club down for donkeys years." That's ridiculous, cunt is as bad as a taig.

By far the worst poster on here since I joined.

Yeah, I read it. You shouldn't be banned for being a bad poster or offending some Rangers fans.

I agree it was poor. But so what? Some of the same people wanting him banned would be the first to complain about people 'not wanting to be offended these days' and all that stuff.

I ask whether Rangers fans are so sensitive that they can't take something that's no worse than what others have taken on this forum without it resulting in a ban? 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I read it. You shouldn't be banned for being a bad poster or offending some Rangers fans.

I agree it was poor. But so what? Some of the same people wanting him banned would be the first to complain about people 'not wanting to be offended these days' and all that stuff.

I ask whether Rangers fans are so sensitive that they can't take something that's no worse than what others have taken on this forum without it resulting in a ban? 

I highly doubt anybody is offended tbf.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I highly doubt anybody is offended tbf.

Really? Doesn't sound like it to me from some of the recent posts. And there's nothing wrong with being offended. I'm sure we've all been by various things.

And as we're told repeatedly by people complaining about snowflakes etc, etc, there's no right for anyone to be protected from it.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Really? Doesn't sound like it to me from some of the recent posts. And there's nothing wrong with being offended. I'm sure we've all been by various things.

And as we're told repeatedly by people complaining about snowflakes etc, etc, there's no right for anyone to be protected from it.

fuck him he is a cunt who couldnt wait to spout his bile on anything to do with the PUL community...if there is a thread you dont agree with then do not visit it just to stir shit..

Just now, bluedylan said:

fuck him he is a cunt who couldnt wait to spout his bile on anything to do with the PUL community...if their is a thread you dont agree with then do not visit it just to stir shit..

Likewise, if you don't like him and his input put him on ignore if you feel you need to. Banning isn't supposed to be for getting rid of posters we don't like, or at least I don't think it should be.

I agree he lets himself down sometimes, but I don't see any reason for a ban. I especially don't see why he's been banned when certain others haven't been.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Nobody is going to be offended because the post wasn't directed anyone in particular.  However, for the record, I thought it was a shocking post about a large section of our own fan base. If it had been a lower count poster that posted it we wouldn't be having this conversation.  However, for the record, I didn't act unilaterally and I am not the only mod/admin that thought as I did. Hence the ban.

I am turning off for the night as I am up early tomorrow as I am off on holiday - and probably won't be on here for a wee while. Have a word with @gogzy if you think I have overstepped the mark. Again, personally I thought it was a shocking post from a rangers fan.

Goodnight.

Just now, Inigo said:

Likewise, if you don't like him and his input put him on ignore if you feel you need to. Banning isn't supposed to be for getting rid of posters we don't like, or at least I don't think it should be.

I agree he lets himself down sometimes, but I don't see any reason for a ban. I especially don't see why he's been banned when certain others haven't been.

Every time someone puts something on to do with Linfield or loyalism he calls them knuckledraggers...he is a cowardly cunt..again fuck him

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Name them? Please? :lol: 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Name them? Please? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

BTW this is a Rangers forum not a Celtic one were his posts wouldnt seem out of place.....fucksake have a word with yourself

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Nobody is going to be offended because the post wasn't directed anyone in particular.  However, for the record, I thought it was a shocking post about a large section of our own fan base. If it had been a lower count poster that posted it we wouldn't be having this conversation.  However, for the record, I didn't act unilaterally and I am not the only mod/admin that thought as I did. Hence the ban.

I am turning off for the night as I am up early tomorrow as I am off on holiday - and probably won't be on here for a wee while. Have a word with @gogzy if you think I have overstepped the mark. Again, personally I thought it was a shocking post from a rangers fan.

Goodnight.

I'm not going to make any demands, and I'm in no position to be making such demands or to be making the decisions. I'm just giving my opinion.

Of course people are offended, you can see that from the replies. And why shouldn't they be? I agree it was a poor post I still say 'so what'. Where does it end? So he referred to a group of rangers fans knuckledraggers. So what? It's an opinion that some Rangers fans have, like it or not. And what about the other abuse that some people have put up with that's no better? They're Rangers fans too. If I were to highlight some pretty poor examples recently (I won't) will they be banned too?

Seems rather selective to me, and I think people should have a thicker skin.