TNS 'Friendly'

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

Spot on mate. Tavernier, Wallace, Holt, Waghorn all started. That is almost half a team of the same shite from last season. These guys aren't good enough. We know that. It's concerning that they are still being played in these friendlies as they are likely going to be playing in the vital Euro qualifiers for us. 

It seems we have no choice with some of them just now, but no less worrying if we end up relying on these players.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Spot on mate. Tavernier, Wallace, Holt, Waghorn all started. That is almost half a team of the same shite from last season. These guys aren't good enough. We know that. It's concerning that they are still being played in these friendlies as they are likely going to be playing in the vital Euro qualifiers for us. 

Thats one way of looking at it...the other way is that it is good psychology from the manager. You want your chance to show you've improved with the new players coming in and deserve a jersey....nope you've shown that you are all to a man piss poor. These guys had a chance to play out their skins....make no mistake about it some of these lads are playing for their Rangers careers. Yet again though they showed that they lack bottle and fight, as we saw all too often last season. People saying the result doesn't matter, perhaps miss the point that it was a massive opportunity for some of these players...

Could be an indication of things to come, could mean fuck all. 

In the grand scheme of things I'd rather the shite results in behind closed doors friendlies. 

The real indication come next Thursday. 

21 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

Aye tbf since that lad Gaz said about the 7-0 pumping of Linfield last season, I felt a bit better. It is a friendly, would rather a win every time but it's not killing my buzz, man :pipe:

What you mean we beat them 7-0 then went on to get pumped 5-1 in the next game.

My only gripe is that Holt played. 

The gaffer generalised on how the team did, but something I took from the video is those operating in final third getting a thinly veiled dig or two. 

I might just be me but I get the feeling Pedro with tell interviewers one thing but his real message will only ever go to the players in the dressing room. 

Other than that I would rather we had won, but accept that its early doors and a friendly. 

It's a closed doors friendly where the whole team was subbed at one point. It's all about just getting the legs going in what's essentially a half paced friendly. 

Before the days of social media no one would ever have known, or cared. 

I'll judge the team on their performance, and Pedro on his tactics and selection next Thursday. 

Guest Lloyd72
35 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Did Hearts no beat Man City in a friendly the year they won the league :lol: 

Think it was Dundee that beat Man city, it was 2-0 iirc

4 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Kranjcar, Waghorn and Holt must go. 

Tavernier must be upgraded on , Miller cannot play a supporting role and Bates cannot get anywhere near the first team. 

Its as simple as that, and it's not anything we didn't already know. 

Pretty much.... except I'm a fan of Niko (on his day).

45 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Think it was Dundee that beat Man city, it was 2-0 iirc

Yer right got the scores mixed up, Hearts lost 2-1. That just shows but, Friendlies literally mean zilch never mind 45 minute bounce games at Auchenhowie :lol: 

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I'll call Uber for you.

Cheers SD, should only cost me a tenner. Should I pay before or after I jump? 

No' think some of the posts on here are a joke, this is the reason I hate pre-season full of either "we are gonna Fuck everyone"  or " we are pyoor shite " it is pathetic.