• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Correct! But if he was fleet footed he wouldnt be near us 

Think he can play an important role this season though. 

I'm really interested to see where and when Caixinha uses him, for me he's an impact sub for late on in games.

We have to see real improvement against St Johnstone no more Miller on the Wing and Waghorn up front it doesn't work.

St Johnstone easily beat this welsh team 3-0 so will be a tougher test for us.

I sat and watched both games yesterday as I had a long weekend, for me we played ok, what was interesting is that we didn’t sit in, but pressed high up the park putting pressure on as a unit, was worried we were going to be just a counterattacking team in Scotland, but doesn’t look like it. We definitely need Dorrans,walker and Pena...( if he is as good as we think he is) in the midfield as that would tie in with either Jack or Rossiter who both looked very good. 

My team, going by these two games only - ignoring Herrera and Pena and..Alves...etc as they were not present.

Fods

Tav   Cardosa    Mcrorie   Wallace

Rossiter               Jack 

Windass             Krancjar              Mackay       

Morales      

The games had subs constantly so:

Players:

GK:

Fods & Alnw, -both didn’t have much to do in either game – Fods will start next season.

Defence:

Wallace:- Like Tav looks good going fwd – nearly cost us a goal vs TNS as he pushed up…standard though, at this level no issues.

Beerman:

Terrific going fwd – had a couple of runs, never a LB in his life !

TAV & MOH

Both good going fwd and MOH scored a great goal vs Coleraine – I really like Tav and think he will play better in a better team – or have a back 3 behind him. MOH would work in a team where we are hitting on the break….Peds obvs fancies him as an attacking FB.

Cardoso – best defender on the pitch(s) buy a mile !! We have a winner.

Bates -sigh..won headers…? Just shit on the ball.

A Wilson & McCrorie – both did well better on the ball than Bates – think McCrorie was unlucky to be on loan or would have had Bates slot last season…both better than Bates.

Midfield:

Jack – Really well – never lost the ball always found a player always looking to intercept…played well both games.

Rossiter – as above, probably not enough creativity between them but in big games can see them both in a 4231.

Dalcio- terrible vs Coleraine.(fullstop) Much better vs TNS needs to gel with his team mates but didn’t really go past his man once, still there were flashes of good play vs TNS.

Kranc – best player on the park vs Coleraine by a street  – less space vs TNS and was the worst player..hmm got to be a sub when the game has slowed down.

Holt – did well both games, really worked hard but not enough creativity

Thomson – nice touches but doesn’t drive fwd with the ball.

Windass – played well going fwd vs TNS – he has something just not consistently.

Mackay – a standout – when he came on we looked dangerous…don’t know if PEds rates him though..Dalcio worked harder without the same ability.

Dodo – meh played wide…nope.

Halliday – played well and never put a foot wrong – drove past people …and beat them definitely better attacking and away from the defence..just can't get last year out my head.

Strikers:

Miller – worked hard was completely at fault for the TNS goal – really wasn’t at the races tbh…spent more time in midfield.

Waghorn – got involved held the ball up and worked hard on the high press..fair play but …still can’t shoot.

Morales – will create his own chances held the ball well – first touch isn’t glue ! …strangely reminds me of a young Kenny miller when he first got here at 19/20….will miss heaps but stills score goals.

Hardie: played well for the time he was on the pitch and finished well 1v1 vs Coleraine….if he goes on loan it must be to a SPL side otherwise it’s pointless...should stay in the first team squad though as he scores goals.

If you got to here...well done.