Retail Deal News incoming

Guest Lloyd72

15 minutes ago, the drummer said:

king has made a deal with the devil anyway has anyone seen this  contract  it will come back to haunt him

Thats what you do, you make deals with people if that's what benefits you. Or do you think we should have just carried on with the status quo that benefitted no one, in other words cutting youre nose off to spite youre face.

3 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Thats what you do, you make deals with people if that's what benefits you. Or do you think we should have just carried on with the status quo that benefitted no one, in other words cutting youre nose off to spite youre face.

Aye cause then he could keep throwing mud at the board and hope some would stick....Its been a really hard summer for those that love to kick our board 

34 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So gentlemen .... if I'm following this thread correctly ...... everyone is in agreement that :grouphug:MA is a good guy now .... right? ..... :p:

:UK:

So Gentlemen & Ladies.....if I am reading between the lines correctly, MA is not so much a good guy......as a not so bad as he once was guy!! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, the drummer said:

king has made a deal with the devil anyway has anyone seen this  contract  it will come back to haunt him

How exactly? It's a one year deal, when it was 7 previously. 

Even if it was a dreadful deal now (which I don't think it is) then how would having it for 1 year be worse than 7? 

My take on it is that we've done good business, regardless of percentages or profit shares we've done away with a 7 year deal, and got it down to 1. 

We've got rid of Rangers Retail Ltd, and will now see the income from the shirt deals (not to be confused with merchandise) directly through Rangers. 

We can be completely free of MA / SD in a years time and it will be within our control where we go next. 

Tough pill to swallow for those who've been constantly engaged in a King vs Ashley war, as they are temporarily both on the same side. 

There's simply no negatives to be found, and any that have been put forward are fabricated to be negative towards King, Rangers or the fans. 

I am just happy to be finally putting all this behind us.Its a win win here.Coin in the money from this years strip as the majority of Bears haven't bought one then do likewise next season when we are free to negotiate wherever we please.Just think the bargaining power all these sales will provide for the club going forward!!

As an aside the Megastore will be my choice for Rangers strips for family but any sports related purchases will be and have been since the boycot with Greaves Sports who supported the clubs stance and refused to sell the strip.Always feel it's good to support those that supported us at the time.God knows we haven't had many!!!

Just now, Rfc52 said:

The new tops ie the 2nd and 3rd tops will be sold at standard price.

home top has been a score for ages 

I suppose you can't put the price up now, if they've been sold for £40 before, but it just seems a wasted opportunity to make better money from them, seeing as they will be selling in large numbers. Just a small groan, really. Nothing that can be done about it now, I guess.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

My take on it is that we've done good business, regardless of percentages or profit shares we've done away with a 7 year deal, and got it down to 1. 

We've got rid of Rangers Retail Ltd, and will now see the income from the shirt deals (not to be confused with merchandise) directly through Rangers. 

We can be completely free of MA / SD in a years time and it will be within our control where we go next. 

Tough pill to swallow for those who've been constantly engaged in a King vs Ashley war, as they are temporarily both on the same side. 

There's simply no negatives to be found, and any that have been put forward are fabricated to be negative towards King, Rangers or the fans. 

Agreed totally until the last paragraph, biggest negative is we gave Ashley a way to get the stock sold and make a killing. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

I suppose you can't put the price up now, if they've been sold for £40 before, but it just seems a wasted opportunity to make better money from them, seeing as they will be selling in large numbers. Just a small groan, really. Nothing that can be done about it now, I guess.

I think it's more important just now to get the tops sold and more importantly see the younger generation wearing them. We bought 3 tops last night 1 each for us (to wear to Ibrox only before I get slated) and one for the wean. Ours were £20 and the weans was £15. TBH if they had been £40/£50 each I wouldn't have got one because we just can't afford £150 at this time (I know the weans wouldn't have been £50 but probably about £35). I'm more excited to see the glorious blue tops rather than just they green rags!