Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorting the retail deal with SD is a big plus for the Club.  No doubt about that.   The strategy of issuing a termination notice for SD default on the RRL deal was very very risky though.  Had SD won the court case - which I think they would have done from the details of the case made public so far - then Rangers would have been on the hook to pay a very large amount of money in damages to SD.   If that had turned out to be the case then God alone only knows where that money would have come from.    IMO it could have sunk Rangers beyond recovery.  So, imo, he had piloted a very risky commercial strategy with no real leverage to bring SD back to the table to explore what compromise might have been possible.  As King himself acknowledged today SD could simply have sought to enforce its contract made with the last Board.    

Arguably SD bailed King out by weighing up the money it would have got in damages by winning the court case against the prospective loss of future revenue from Rangers either because the damages sunk Rangers into oblivion, or if Rangers survived the hit from damages claim it then decided never to do business with SD ever again so SD would lose out on longer term  business.     Had SD not come back to the table the court would have settled the breach of contract matter and both parties would just have had to live with the decision.   By agreeing to renegotiate the deal both parties get short term benefit and leave the door open to repair relations for a future linger term deal.  That is entirely sensible.    But King presided over a Board that took a whopping risk in terminating the RRL deal on grounds of SD breach of contract and if the court case had proceeded they would not, imo, have looked clever.    

There is also the not insignificant matter of King's failure to comply with The Takeover Panel ruling (relating to his concert party trick and subsequent failure to offer to buy shares).    That court case has still to be heard.    King may yet findhimself on the wrong end of a court judgement against him.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheBlueTumshie said:

Best news in a few year and you cannae wait to come down on it.

Oh fuckin dear, with "kiddy on support" like you who needs enemas.

Away and try kid somebuddy else oan afore you run out of hatred.

To auld a bear tae be fucked by a kiddy oan wan.

ps

yur blocked ya fud

What on earth does this say?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nope I tend to look at the board the same way I do the team. Jame Blair has got this for vet the lady be after the 2 bug weans walked away finally. 

Graeme Park from what Ive heard has been playing a blinder behind the scenes, The Far East Bears have found funding money from somewhere and more power to them. 

GP has been a starman the last few month but the board are a team and only as good as the weakest link, looks as though they are working well after a few baws being booted by the I GPs of this world 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good all round for the club, but no need to praise king as a sole entity. It was the board that did this and going by what I have read more so James blair. King is only showing face as he is the chairman. Still alot of of work to be done from him before he can be held in high regard 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nope I tend to look at the board the same way I do the team. Jame Blair has got this for vet the lady be after the 2 bug weans walked away finally. 

Graeme Park from what Ive heard has been playing a blinder behind the scenes, The Far East Bears have found funding money from somewhere and more power to them. 

You are completly full of shite. You are as bad ass the "in the know" posters in the transfer forum that claim to know all the inner workings but like them,  you know fuck all. 

 

Where were the Far east brars when we needed them? Dave King was the one that stepped in and rallied the support of the other board members, shareholders and supporters. No one else did when we needed someone the most. The far East bears are working with King, they seem to trust him.

 

Just admit it, you are actually just pissed of King got a good result and Ashley got a bad one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lgr1991 said:

You are completly full of shite. You are as bad ass the "in the know" posters in the transfer forum that claim to know all the inner workings but like them,  you know fuck all. 

 

Where were the Far east brars when we needed them? Dave King was the one that stepped in and rallied the support of the other board members, shareholders and supporters. No one else did when we needed someone the most. The far East bears are working with King, they seem to trust him.

 

Just admit it, you are actually just pissed of King got a good result and Ashley got a bad one.

???

after little rant you defo know what shit is all about I'll give you that. 

The club got a great result thanks to James Blair doing a great job, I will give credit for stepping away from the negotiations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

???

after little rant you defo know what shit is all about I'll give you that. 

The club got a great result thanks to James Blair doing a great job, I will give credit for stepping away from the negotiations. 

You're doing it again. You have no fucking idea how involved or uninvolved King was, stop pretending you do. You're just jumping to conclusions that support your preconceived notions. 

 

I just find it strange you actually just can't step back and enjoy days like today, or the past few weeks, you'd rather just find a new stick to beat King with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bluenose88 said:

How anyone can view this as anything other than positive and a great job by the board is beyond me. 

Credit where it is due.  Well done... onwards and upwards Rangers. 

Agreed Bluenose 88, this place is full of greeting faced ..................... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lgr1991 said:

You're doing it again. You have no fucking idea how involved or uninvolved King was, stop pretending you do. You're just jumping to conclusions that support your preconceived notions. 

 

I just find it strange you actually just can't step back and enjoy days like today, or the past few weeks, you'd rather just find a new stick to beat King with. 

I would point out that neither do you but you insist on claiming I'm wrong. 

King himself claimed the new deal was down to Blair. 

Again like the rest of you fools having a pop at me you must've missed all of my posts on how huge this is for the club. No you just jumped at a post when asked if I wanted King at the club, simple answer NO. No one from pre Whyte should be involved with us ever again. 

But never mind you just keep on shouting at the moon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant news about the retail deal...will be delighted to be able to buy the new strips at the start of the season.  Still along way to go with things in general but small steps are being made in a positive direction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would point out that neither do you but you insist on claiming I'm wrong. 

King himself claimed the new deal was down to Blair. 

Again like the rest of you fools having a pop at me you must've missed all of my posts on how huge this is for the club. No you just jumped at a post when asked if I wanted King at the club, simple answer NO. No one from pre Whyte should be involved with us ever again. 

But never mind you just keep on shouting at the moon. 

Nobody likes you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we no all just acknowledge the fact Rangers are finally free of this ridiculous deal however it was accomplished?Credit to whoever is responsible but being honest I freely admit I'm not at all privy to the inner workings of the club so wouldn't know who to thank for this 

If  they are a true Rangers man they won't look for plaudits, the satisfaction of seeing us prosper once again will be reward enough. Come on guys it's a big result let's see it for what it is, it's good for Rangers and that will do for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always liked King anyway, considering he stepped up to the plate. As for being a Criminal, don't make me laugh. There is not a business tycoon who doesn't get up to that tax stuff anywhere in any country. The law says King is a criminal but Craig Whyte is innocent?  The law is an ass.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...