New Kit or Not?

Seems lots of people are so confused by the statement today and lots of fans have began buying last season's home top.

I read it as they will wear that in Europe as they had to register a kit to UEFA before today.

But they are working with Puma to have a kit for the new season and have a launch 

Just posting this to save bears maybe shelling out on a kit thinking we will keep it for next season. May well not be the case.

EDIT: Dave King interview on Rangers TV confirms keeping same tops for this season coming but will try and launch a 2nd and 3rd kit into the season.

1 minute ago, MisterBlueSky said:

Seems lots of people are so confused by the statement today and lots of fans have began buying last season's home top.

I read it as they will wear that in Europe as they had to register a kit to UEFA before today.

But they are working with Puma to have a kit for the new season and have a launch 

Just posting this to save bears maybe shelling out on a kit thinking we will keep it for next season. May well not be the case.

This is my take on it also. They had to register a kit for Europe and they didn't k ow, at that point, when the retail deal would be sorted so they registered last seasons kit. DK and SR said during the interview that they are working with puma to get a new kit out hopefully for the start of the season 

Stuart Robertson said we would hv to use last season's kit for whole season due to time to get new kit sorted to be to long and as no one bought last season's kit good business opportunities where there  

2 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

Using current kits in Europe.

Potentially new kits for SPL

my thoughts

This.

People are taking other outcomes from the statement hence the confusion.

Definitely wearing last season's in Europe but new one the cards for new season in August.

I'd originally interpreted what King said to be that it was current kit for Europe but new kit for the start of the league season.  But it seems from the press conference that SR corrected him on this, and also from with clarifying tweets posted in other threads, it seems its the current home kit for next season but a new 'change' kit will be produced (by 'change' I assume that means 'away kit').   That's my understanding of this.  Could be wrong though

12 minutes ago, Pedrono1 said:

Stuart Robertson said we would hv to use last season's kit for whole season due to time to get new kit sorted to be to long and as no one bought last season's kit good business opportunities where there  

yup that's what i remember, think he also said it would still be a big commercial opportunity because fans didn't really buy last season's kit anyway - now we would like to.

also - lion brand - suck ma sweaty baws

2 minutes ago, MisterBlueSky said:

:tu:

I was of the same opinion that last seasons strip would be used for EL and a new strip was in the pipeline with Puma ... hopefully for the upcoming SPFL games .... :confused:

Whatever the situation finally turns out to be??? ... I would buy last seasons replica top as the price is ±£18-£20 quid at the moment ... and if a new one does appear get that at the normal price as all proceeds goes into The Rangers coffers .... a win win situation for Club and supporters.

One thing I hope I picked up correctly from the live DK presser was that any net profit was to go towards the team .... :tu:

:UK: