more transfer funds

gogzy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should definitely see us get the Dorrans and possibly Walker deals over the line. 

But in the bigger picture it puts the direction of the club back in our hands to some extent, assuming we maintain current season ticket numbers. It feels fucking great not to feel helpless anymore. 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

This is the best this forum has been since we beat the bheggars.

It's bloody brilliant isn't it.   Nothing but positive news coming from Rangers.  Onwards and upwards mate.

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Should definitely see us get the Dorrans and possibly Walker deals over the line. 

But in the bigger picture it puts the direction of the club back in our hands to some extent, assuming we maintain current season ticket numbers. It feels fucking great not to feel helpless anymore. 

it might take us a year or two. But we will get there. The support just need to keep up the levels. It pains me to say but I think it'll be two year before it's back sitting at home in the ibrox trophy room

I hope I'm wrong 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

it might take us a year or two. But we will get there. The support just need to keep up the levels. It pains me to say but I think it'll be two year before it's back sitting at home in the ibrox trophy room

I hope I'm wrong 

I hope you're wrong too but i definitely agree. A two year plan to win the title back is probably the best option, considering we wasted what should have been the first year under Warburton. That's the immediate goal, but for now it just feels like a serious weight off the shoulders today. Probably the biggest, and most difficult step we needed to take to get ourselves back to normalcy. 

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Looking forward to the apologies from that cunt Blue Avenger and that other banger Alcapone! Every time any bear spoke about this day possibly coming they were fucking slaughtered! ??

Och mate fuck them. They'll be quiet till it goes wrong. At least Al attends games and helps bears out. I argue with him but it's cause he cares. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

As good as it is I think we need to probably draw the line after Dorrans and Walker. Can't expect the squad to gel with 12-13 new signings even though we definitely need them.

Having said that its magic isn't it? Its like Advocaat all over again when we seemed to be signing guys every second!

Even with Dorrans and Walker we would still be weak at both full back positions and light up front with both Morelos and Herrera completely untested in Scottish football. Far bigger names than them have come here and struggled. We would also still be shy on the flanks with Miller and McKay both useless there yet still playing there atm. 

The turnaround needing done this summer was always going to be huge. We needed a whole new team almost, GK aside, we've done great so far but anyone thinking Dorrans and Walker will have us challenging Celtic for silverware i think is a tad optimistic. It's still not enough. 

I would have loved a proven goal scoring striker, genuine international quality on the wing(s) and proper footballers at left and right back. Then we can talk about being ready for the new season.

Even with 8, 9 new players, the job still feels half done with so much dross still on the payroll and positions not filled. It is exciting though! As you say, Magic! 

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I hope I'm wrong 

I think Realistically you are spot on . Would love for it to be this season but I would first and foremost like to see a challenge . Keep consistent and decent form and anything can happen . The summer has pickedme up a bit because I was scunnered as everyone else but I also was dragged into the thought of them breezing to ten while we stumble from one shambles to another . Time will tell but I am a lot more confident now